Gameday 2024 Trial 2 - Warriors vs Dolphins

Per my previous post Chris Satae and Also Ligi Sao would get as much as 200 metres plus as props in NSW cup and couldn't cut the mustard at NRL level. Both doing well in ESL last I heard.
Satae did have the 15th highest average run metres in NSW Cup in 2019 with 160m. Sao came in 45th with 133m. Understandably higher than their NRL careers due to longer minutes & lower quality of opposition.
I thought Sao did reasonably well during his 26 games at the club, leaving with a 50% record in a team that finished 11th, 13th, 8th & 13th during his tenure. Love an offload though so that could bias my opinion of him

Satae did have the 15th highest average run metres in NSW Cup in 2019 with 160m. Sao came in 45th with 133m. Understandably higher than their NRL careers due to longer minutes & lower quality of opposition.
I thought Sao did reasonably well during his 26 games at the club, leaving with a 50% record in a team that finished 11th, 13th, 8th & 13th during his tenure. Love an offload though so that could bias my opinion of him
I also thought Sao got slightly Shafted by Kearney and deserved better....he was under a tight leash in first grade under SK and got limited minutes. SK was very very opinionated and once he labled you as just a NSW player it was very hard for him to see that player as anything else.

SKs infamous zero competition for jerseys ethos
SK was good at working with elite talent, but poor at stitching together a team with a realistic NRL squad that wasn't littered with Origin and International players. He just could not discern who was a good player out of two or three mediocre options and decided all three were shit in his book. I am sorry to say this but he didn't seem to be believe in people or see their potential for what they could become he only could recognise talent when it was Shaun Johnson or RTS.

Did it look to anybody else that players were subbed straight away when they gave away a penalty and seemed to make their way to the sideline when they did for the Warriors?

SK was good at working with elite talent, but poor at stitching together a team with a realistic NRL squad that wasn't littered with Origin and International players. He just could not discern who was a good player out of two or three mediocre options and decided all three were shit in his book. I am sorry to say this but he didn't seem to be believe in people or see their potential for what they could become he only could recognise talent when it was Shaun Johnson or RTS.
He was too nice and too close to the players to have them to go to the wall for him.
Pretty simple.
Players need the attitude to go the extra mile or 2

Interesting point

I wonder how often the Cup and FG teams train together etc . Imagine at least once a week so it’s one club one dream. That’s the only way to ensure the culture resonates top to bottom.

I trust the coaches know what they’re doing this time
Often these times our teams are in different countries during the season

When do we find out about Egan and the judiciary as he was placed on report for a crusher

Do we find out tonight or tomorrow?

When do we find out about Egan and the judiciary as he was placed on report for a crusher

Do we find out tonight or tomorrow?
Looks like the penalties for Saturday have already been handed out. Doesn’t look like Egan was even charged.

Kurt Donoghoe was charged with a Grade 1 Careless High Tackle on Lussick and will be fined $1000 with an early guilty plea which becomes $1500 if he is instead found guilty at panel.

The penalties really aren't anything to be concerned about, it's a meaningless trial.

Good teams generally go out there in trials and get a feel for where the line has been drawn in the offseason regarding new rules etc.

They have their barometer now and will go over the tape also consulting with the refs boss, so will see if they can tweak enough before round one.

Looks like the penalties for Saturday have already been handed out. Doesn’t look like Egan was even charged.

Kurt Donoghoe was charged with a Grade 1 Careless High Tackle on Lussick and will be fined $1000 with an early guilty plea which becomes $1500 if he is instead found guilty at panel.
Thanks Mike !

Well like CCes said that is the pre-season done and dusted. Nothing I can remotely think of left to analyse. Back to the recruitment thread I guess until a week tuesday when we can begin our build up to our first match.

Ali let's in a many tries as he makes/ scores. Need time and effort to fix that before he is a regular first grader. Will all depend on his attitude, could be the 🐐 could be vailea 2.0
Ali let's in a many tries as he makes/ scores. Need time and effort to fix that before he is a regular first grader. Will all depend on his attitude, could be the 🐐 could be vailea 2.0
Handled correctly and injury permitted he could be the next Bill Sorenson but then you have no idea who that is.
Great up and coming player .
How does he has some many knockers

We don't but what does Wayde want?
Isn't origin the pinnacle of the sport if he's done enough to warrant selection then good on him it will bring confidence and experience to his game.
Dam I thought he was gonna play for the kiwis?

Back