Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Nickname
Webby
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
March 3 2023, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at SKY Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2015
  2. 2016
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed From
Penrith Panthers (Assistant Coach)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Webster_(rugby_league)
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/andrew-webster/summary.html
Yeah!!! I posted this morning about my dream I had about our halves recruitment strategy last night.
This clear voice at 4am while I was fast asleep told me were not going to be recruiting another half this year and told me the reasons why in full. I posted this in the recruitment thread when I woke up. CRAZY but true !!!!!!!
I hope it wasn't the ghost of Geepee feeding you information again.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I must come across as being a real character on this web site. I am actually a civil servant in real life and work with numbers.
Not for us to judge whether you're a nut case or not Wrighty, time will tell if it was a dream or a premonition you had.
Mind you, dreaming about Webby and our halves options every night could be a symptom of something, I'm not a doctor.

Yeah!!! I posted this morning about my dream I had about our halves recruitment strategy last night.
This clear voice at 4am while I was fast asleep told me were not going to be recruiting another half this year and told me the reasons why in full. I posted this in the recruitment thread when I woke up. CRAZY but true !!!!!!!
Did your dream also confirm the rumor that DWZs perm is made of natural curls?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Did your dream also confirm the rumor that DWZs perm is made of natural curls?
No but I can confirm that on the most interesting 5 minutes of Once a Warrior ever Monty asked Dallin about his hair for 5 minutes straight to end the show and can confirm Dallin goes to the hairdresser to get it redone every two weeks!!! I go once every three months !!!!

I wish to make a post about the 2024 season and Andrew Webster.

What really was he supposed to do?

SJ started playing poorly. Suddenly we win three in a row, including Panthers, without Shaun and then Shaun recovers.
He had to pick Shaun even knowing it would probably make us lose by changing the halves chemistry.

Let's play this out. Maybe he keeps CHT and TMM and they keep winning and make it to round 2 of the playoffs before losing.

What is SJ supposed to be doing all of this time and where does he stand for the 2025 Season. Does he resign? I guess so but due to limited playing time and not his form or injuries. Mean time random people in the press are saying maybe we would have gone further in the playoffs with Shaun. And that we would have won with him as well and with more points. And maybe some of the players read all this and like Shaun and it just subtly damages his relationship with the dressing room. Not by a lot but maybe 20%.

It would have been pretty cold and to be honest heartless for the club to finish our SJ's career like that. The Warriors in the NRL would have lost respect from thousands of SJ fans who don't just live in New Zealand but also Australia as he loved by the ex pat community.

A similar but watered down story with CNKs very poor play at fullback. If he pulls the plug after only 5 or 6 bad games what are the intangible impacts of that on the dressing room and for Andrew's reputation with Mohawk and Cameron who both may have a relationship with CNK and like him.

Andrew faced the following completely unpredictable bad luck

1) CNK playing bad inexplicably
2) SJ playing bad inexplicably
3) Tohu Harris unpredictably being caught by Father time

ALL IN THE SAME SEASON with the same human dynamics and organisational behavior issues to deal with if he ruthlessly chops them.

Where to from here. I honestly feel it has been enough games from CNK and Harris at a sub optimal level that it can be something to work on and correct for the 2025 season. While being ruthless mid season this year would have been poor from a long term perspective there has to be some ruthlessness eventually.

CONCLUSION

The warriors won 9 games this year and drew one. Andrew kept the wheels on the cart and stopped it from being a 7 win season. Andrew shows he makes decisions from a long term welfare of the club perspective vs winning at all costs next week. I am pleased he did this. He is going to get us our championship and he is going to win another Dally M coach of the year. His biggest test is now and he picks the team for game one 2025.
I solidly agree. He gambled on some outcomes and he lost all of them. Unlucky. Saw some signs of hope in the last few rounds and maybe he did his best to stop our complete end of season collapse we have been known to do.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement