• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
webster.png

Staff Andrew Webster

Coach Grade
  1. NRL Head Coach
Date of Birth
Jan 17, 1982
Birth Location
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Nickname
Webby
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
March 3 2023, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at SKY Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2015
  2. 2016
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed From
Penrith Panthers (Assistant Coach)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Webster_(rugby_league)
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/andrew-webster/summary.html
Rome wasn't built in a day, as the saying goes. To take that analogy further, Rome was built once its own infrastucture was established through leadership, science, engineering, education, etc., all things they adapted from the best of some existing cultures and made their own.
Sounds like a plan to me...
Problem is, it only works if everyone buys into it - and that includes impatient and negative fans or commentators etc.
Webby has consistently promoted what he believes brings success & he's not wrong. Its also part of building a lasting culture - something some people have a skewed idea about because the Warriors have fickle insight into what is or brings success. It becomes a selffulfilling prophecy & that's what Webby walked into and what he's up against...its all on this site laid bare.
Give the man a chance I reckon, he's trying to build our empire!
Rome wasn’t built in two weeks either

My point is 2 more games will tell you nothing the last 20 hasn’t already

next year is our year 😉

NZWarriors.com
Rome wasn’t built in two weeks either

My point is 2 more games will tell you nothing the last 20 hasn’t already
I think the originally poster means the mood of the fanbase will change drastically with two solid victories.

You don't judge a year at Rd 20 (or Rd 22) - you need the full context of the year to debrief properly.

Some pertinent points in Juno's post, specifically about impatient and negative fans.

Some pertinent points in Juno's post, specifically about impatient and negative fans.

Yes and no. I think we all know this is a process (i sound like SK). But that doesn’t mean we should sit there quietly and not make noise.

When the team loses, when a players drops a ball, misses a tackle - they bloody well should expect a good old fashioned 🤬🤬🤬🤬from the fans 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Of course we are impatient- it’s been +25 years and the cupboard is still empty?!

People (including myself) need that channel to release their frustrations. This is where we come to. To say it’s wrong to criticise and just bottom up all that emotion inside isn’t healthy….

But lines shouldn’t be crossed and that’s up to the Moderator to censure as necessary

Yes and no. I think we all know this is a process (i sound like SK). But that doesn’t mean we should sit there quietly and not make noise.

When the team loses, when a players drops a ball, misses a tackle - they bloody well should expect a good old fashioned 🤬🤬🤬🤬from the fans 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Of course we are impatient- it’s been +25 years and the cupboard is still empty?!

People (including myself) need that channel to release their frustrations. This is where we come to. To say it’s wrong to criticise and just bottom up all that emotion inside isn’t healthy….

But lines shouldn’t be crossed and that’s up to the Moderator to censure as necessary
Agree with all you said. To be fair I wasn't criticizing the need or ability to have this space to vent - much better on here than elsewhere!
Critiquing performance of club, coaches, players is what fans do, and need to do & the mods do a good job.
Calling for change of coach is counter-productive & its been a go-to, but has got us nowhere. Just advocating for patience...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Well, now Joe Biden's available, there's your ready made replacement for Mr One Season Wonder Webby!
He'd be proud to lead Manchester City in the Super Rugby competition, I'm sure.

Well year 1 Webby inherited the Brown Kearney regime.. rather than sack players he made them believe... result all experienced a high of final footy "The Ups"

Year 2, Started flat and continued all season, big injury toll, players found out, too slow, not as good as what we/they thought. Tons of mistakes
Age of some players starting to show.
Result no finals footy "The Downs"

Year three.. wait and see

We overachieved last year, with a hardened veteran squad some of which played some career best football. We’ve tried to run it back to go for a comp and added more veterans. Father Time has caught up on SJ and Harris and possibly a couple others.

It’s a long term game for us, getting Flegg, Matthew’s and SG Ball teams will pay off in the long term but we are a few years away from reaping fruits from it.

I am confident Webster is the man to take us forward but there will be some bumps before the promised land. It took a while and two stints for Ivan as well. Just have to be patient.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Already been hammered to death, but if we could have just flipped half of those 1-6 point losses we'd be sitting in position to host a finals game. If you somehow flipped them all we would 1st, with a one-point lead over the Storm:
View attachment 8323

Cleary and Anderson's first two seasons with us here as well, if you wanted to compare.
View attachment 8324
Both Cleary and Anderson got better in their 2nd year...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I'm beginning to think that any ex warrior player shouldn't be involved in a coaching capacity with us also. Get quality Aussie up and coming coaches that have gone through some of their coaching pathways. Maybe a bit f an over the top reaction. Maybe.
We have Webster. Up and coming Aussie coach so next..

Reactions: kos
I'm beginning to think that any ex warrior player shouldn't be involved in a coaching capacity with us also. Get quality Aussie up and coming coaches that have gone through some of their coaching pathways. Maybe a bit f an over the top reaction. Maybe.
I agree but Webster is apparently an up & coming coach from Aus so beginning to think NZ shouldn't even be in the comp

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back