• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
webster.png

Staff Andrew Webster

Coach Grade
  1. NRL Head Coach
Date of Birth
Jan 17, 1982
Birth Location
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Nickname
Webby
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
March 3 2023, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at SKY Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2015
  2. 2016
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed From
Penrith Panthers (Assistant Coach)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Webster_(rugby_league)
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/andrew-webster/summary.html
Absolute munters calling for Webby to go after that... need some better fans with shit takes like that. You're entitled to your opinion, sure, but at least base it on something - Webby didn't miss tackles, Webby didn't give away dumb penalties, Webby didn't injure our two first-choice goal kickers... Offer constructive chat - don't just throw stones.

NZWarriors.com
Absolute munters calling for Webby to go after that... need some better fans with shit takes like that. You're entitled to your opinion, sure, but at least base it on something - Webby didn't miss tackles, Webby didn't give away dumb penalties, Webby didn't injure our two first-choice goal kickers... Offer constructive chat - don't just throw stones.
Absolutely right, how can anyone in their right mind blame Webby. Our bench, ok hasn't been great but at this stage, we have 9 players who are out injured from our top 30 and have lost 2 to 3 backs in the last 2 games.

Ridiculous!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Just said the same thing on the post match thread. Some people really need to pull their head in.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Thought he looked great, but perhaps getting a bit ahead of himself with that offload attempt that led to a lost possession. Ethan Strange palmed him off, though he was defending out of position
Haha yeah he was a bit trigger happy (even though on 2nd look it looked like he held on to it) but I was more being a bit cheeky about how he's played centre 2x when he's a bench prop/edge

Yup agree. I just hope he can turn things around in the next year or two, or he might not last.

Yup agree. I just hope he can turn things around in the next year or two, or he might not last.
He certainly has some thinking to do in regards to a few positions. He got the team he inherited last year, and this year largely trusted that nucleus only adding a couple of experienced players in Capewell and RTS. It was a big ask that they just slot in, especially RTS learning a new position on the fly. Think we’re just starting to see some form from Capewell too. There looks to me like a fracture in the group on the field and I’ve got my suspicions why, but I think bringing in such professional people like those two has probably been for the best in the attitude they are passing down to the next wave of talent coming through. Halves for me is the biggest question mark for Webster and I’m really not convinced on any of the current ones on our roster for various reasons. Front row being another and the void AFB is going to leave and whether we can rely on the young guys coming of age or we need to recruit. Starting to have some concerns around Egan also

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back