New Zealand Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. Tonga
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
Status
Active
There was a poster on here who sat next to her at Mt Smart and said she was lovely... just for balance.
Yeah, that was me. Saw her a few times early in the season - she obviously had a ticket allocation for seats in our row. (She didn't sit in them, but friends or family were there and she'd drop by to check on them.) She brought my lad one of Addin's training shirts, signed. Friendly lass, and that was a really kind thing to do. Addin's his favourite player and he was loving it. Haven't seen her for the past couple games, though.
I'm not going to pretend I know what kind of person she is from a couple of brief encounters, a couple of cryptic or grumpy social media posts, and a pile of media speculation; however, old age tells me that if the main breadwinner in a family can get the same money somewhere that his mrs is happier - particularly a mrs who has stuck with him through domestic violence and is now raising 3 kids - then it's not a bad idea to look elsewhere, especially if you also don't mind going to that somewhere.

Yeah I think some of the some of the stuff directed at his Mrs has been a bit over the top although most of it’s been in jest (I think?).
My son is good friends with the son of a former all black. They live here now and she’s Australian but spent a couple of years in nz and farkin hated it- said it was cold and miserable, everyone always had their hand out… and they had a baby too so missed her family.
Sounds familiar.

Yeah I think some of the some of the stuff directed at his Mrs has been a bit over the top although most of it’s been in jest (I think?).
My son is good friends with the son of a former all black. They live here now and she’s Australian but spent a couple of years in nz and farkin hated it- said it was cold and miserable, everyone always had their hand out… and they had a baby too so missed her family.
Sounds familiar.

Can't think of many Aussies that move to NZ for a better life lol.

We get the brits who take comfort in better summers and recognisable winters!

Been away for a little bit but heard some AFB thoughts on my travels.

A good mate who is great mates with Ivan Cleary (next door neighbours when he coached here and their kids went same schools etc) caught up with him when Ivan came over to support the Mt Albert Lions fundraiser. Was a bye week for the Panthers and the Warriors had just been dicked by the Tits. My mate asked him what his thoughts were on what was happening at the club and Ivan said the only reason teams lose like that is because of a toxic environment which he said was most likely caused by the rift that AFB is creating by being held here despite desperately wanting to leave. His thoughts were that it would have been much better for the club to have released him and bought up the next player in line while searching the market for a replacement.

Another mate who has an ear very close to the top of the club told me the exact thing a couple days later independently. The club are well aware of how AFB is starting to poison the well in the changing rooms but are basically stuck with him till the seasons end.

Kind of reminds me of Feleti Mateo in 2012 or Manu Vatuvei in 2016.

Left unchecked it is sure to cause damage that remains long after the cancer has been cut out. I'd honestly fuck him off now and bite the bullet about paying his salary to play for someone else...

A good mate who is great mates with Ivan Cleary (next door neighbours when he coached here and their kids went same schools etc) caught up with him when Ivan came over to support the Mt Albert Lions fundraiser. Was a bye week for the Panthers and the Warriors had just been dicked by the Tits. My mate asked him what his thoughts were on what was happening at the club and Ivan said the only reason teams lose like that is because of a toxic environment which he said was most likely caused by the rift that AFB is creating by being held here despite desperately wanting to leave. His thoughts were that it would have been much better for the club to have released him and bought up the next player in line while searching the market for a replacement.

Another mate who has an ear very close to the top of the club told me the exact thing a couple days later independently. The club are well aware of how AFB is starting to poison the well in the changing rooms but are basically stuck with him till the seasons end.

Left unchecked it is sure to cause damage that remains long after the cancer has been cut out. I'd honestly fuck him off now and bite the bullet about paying his salary to play for someone else...
I belive him and SJ would be at each other!

I can understand why the club made him stay though. He's a massive part of our go forward.

I belive him and SJ would be at each other!

I can understand why the club made him stay though. He's a massive part of our go forward.

It’s true that he puts out massive minutes.

But. Remember the Panthers game where he had a fairly quiet night? What about the pains game where he didn’t play?

Undeniable that he’s a massive part of our go forward, but it’s not like we are totally crap without him…

I kinda feel like pointing the finger at one or two players is BS. AFB has always had that part of his game where he gets frustrated and can come across a bit sulky. Sure he is leaving and he is easy to point the finger at him but mostly he has still been outstanding with his performances (bar one or two) this season. I’m a big believer in body language and how that is related to performance. There was huge expectations on the Wahs both in and outside the club this year. They haven’t lived up to those and I’m sure, as it showed in the GC game that all players have been feeling the pressure and most haven’t performed to the levels they did last year. I noticed the last few home games that when the opposition have scored a few tries that some players have thrown their arms in the air and there does seem to be some finger pointing going on. That’s not just from AFB. Also I think the a few senior players have gone back to that form of getting frustrated with the refs calls, instead of focusing on the next task. This is just my opinion and what I’ve observed at live games this year. Singling out AFB is unfair and an easy excuse.

I kinda feel like pointing the finger at one or two players is BS. AFB has always had that part of his game where he gets frustrated and can come across a bit sulky. Sure he is leaving and he is easy to point the finger at him but mostly he has still been outstanding with his performances (bar one or two) this season. I’m a big believer in body language and how that is related to performance. There was huge expectations on the Wahs both in and outside the club this year. They haven’t lived up to those and I’m sure, as it showed in the GC game that all players have been feeling the pressure and most haven’t performed to the levels they did last year. I noticed the last few home games that when the opposition have scored a few tries that some players have thrown their arms in the air and there does seem to be some finger pointing going on. That’s not just from AFB. Also I think the a few senior players have gone back to that form of getting frustrated with the refs calls, instead of focusing on the next task. This is just my opinion and what I’ve observed at live games this year. Singling out AFB is unfair and an easy excuse.
I seem to recall our aging #7 getting very snappy with RTS when he made a mistake earlier this season. Seems like there is extra pressure on everyone this season.

How weak is our leadership group and our playing group if this is the case of one bad apple. And how do we explain the fact that we look dominant with AFB in the field and we don't when he isn't? Also just coincidental that we rest SJ and Tohu and things start looking better?

Last edited:
Well, firstly, given how out-of-the-box brilliant last season was, it's absolutely obvious that A) Other teams are going to be much more serious about you and B) The public are going to be expecting much the same this season if not better. So, yep, I imagine the Warriors are dealing with the spotlight being on them in a way they haven't for years (maybe it was on them a bit at the start of 2019 but I felt that faded out fairly quickly as the season turned bad early on.
All I can think and I hope I'm wrong is that AFB is simply the public sign of a bad attitude - it's actually the senior group as a whole (or at least the players who can influence others) with the shitty attitudes.

Can 1 player being a baby really cause every other player to play like shit and get smashed by the team coming last?

Ive played in plenty of different sports teams and never have had the experience of something like that.

It's deeper than that. Seen in the workplace a few times.

It's the small snide stuff that builds and builds. Small things day after day, eroding the culture tiny bit by bit.

The big things play out in the media (leaving the dressing room, being stood down). But the small things you never hear about compound.

Let's be real though, his list of incidents continues to grow, the latest being shoving the camera last week. How many times has he packed a sad when we win!! Dude is toxic as fuck.

I’m a big believer in body language and how that is related to performance.
Would be interested in your take on what this body language is saying?

While im not usually into trying read people based on what we see on the screen or pictures must admit this one was a bit of a red flag for me, probably cause ive been in this situation and its never been a good sign.

Players snapping at each other for missing a defensive or attacking assignment or just not being where they should goes on in just about every team ive been part of, i know Kiwis are a bit more sensitive in that regard but Aussies escpecially will soon let u know if your doing something wrong, i think its pretty norm and holds people to account so long as it doesnt get too out of hand......this ones a bit different cause its basically someone isolating themselves while the rest of the team is trying to re focus and identify and fix issues that led to that.

Now taken in context with Webster already standing Addin down for doing pretty much the same thing taking off after a game not wanting to be part of the all important debreif....certainly does seem to point pretty close to home IF there is someone poisoning the well so to speak.

Plus with all the "rumours" that certain posters have come out with of late Mt Wellington is about the only one i'd pay any heed to because pretty much all of his have been on the money.......also confirmed from insights from posters like Robbie Mears........ not going to show up in his personal performance cause the truly talented can still do their role......doesnt stop the damage happening behind the scenes tho.

Not going to condemn him just yet (it'll all come out in the wash later on if their is something).....just saying the signs dont look good