New Zealand Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. Tonga
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
Status
Active
His onfield performance has been good. I assume hus training has been good. Have we made any allowance for him to be able to spend more time with his family? It is also not hard to make things work with someone who may not want to be a part of everything socially. I just don't buy this destabilizing piece. I mean we had a star halfback who couldn't train with the team and snapped at players on the field, a captain who is busted and can't get up quickly from making a tackle, a coach with baffling selections and bench use.... But it's all AFB.
I, like you have no idea. But I think it should hold some weight that people that seem to have some connection in whatever ways are saying this is happening

If it was me (which it's not), and if the AFB rumours are true, I'd just get him to trot out with the reserve grade team and use it as an opportunity to blood younger players up

Win/win. A bit of an expensive exercise, having a marquee player in reserve grade, but it could lift both teams

Reactions: j_p
If it was me (which it's not), and if the AFB rumours are true, I'd just get him to trot out with the reserve grade team and use it as an opportunity to blood younger players up

Win/win. A bit of an expensive exercise, having a marquee player in reserve grade, but it could lift both teams
Could it be just the games involving SJ, he doesn’t have a crack? Certainly was last week, but he wasn’t alone. Also think Barnett would have the persona to challenge him on a poor attitude and still feel like his omission was a big factor

Could it be just the games involving SJ, he doesn’t have a crack? Certainly was last week, but he wasn’t alone. Also think Barnett would have the persona to challenge him on a poor attitude and still feel like his omission was a big factor
I really dont see what sj has to do with the afb situation? seems like a bit of wild speculation someone posted here that others have latched on to.

I seem to recall our aging #7 getting very snappy with RTS when he made a mistake earlier this season. Seems like there is extra pressure on everyone this season.

How weak is our leadership group and our playing group if this is the case of one bad apple. And how do we explain the fact that we look dominant with AFB in the field and we don't when he isn't? Also just coincidental that we rest SJ and Tohu and things start looking better?
There is no leadership group according to webby.

I really dont see what sj has to do with the afb situation? seems like a bit of wild speculation someone posted here that others have latched on to.
There was certainly a resentment from his wife regarding accolades SJ was receiving from the club last year when she made a post about AFB carrying the club without thanks. SJ’s form has dipped for whatever reason and he has an offer on the table from the club that hasn’t been picked up yet anyway? Probably nothing but there’s obviously something around SJ in my eyes from the reasons I just stated and people with connections to the club have said AFB is potentially having a negative effect on the team. Whether these two things are linked is speculation on my part

Matt Lodge didn’t want to leave but Mr Alpha had no problems cutting ties over his ego… so the whole “we can’t just let him walk” is hypocritical
Why would the club want a repeat the Lodge situation?

They reached a compromise with their highest paid play to see out the year... with the hopes they could manage it.

It's had a destabilising effect on team morale as undoubtedly AFB has been up and down with the team.

I think anybody is saying it's the only reason the team have been underwhelming.

Just thank the lord we signed JFH

Or bring up one of our guns from NSWCup??

This entire discussion around AFB is conjecture
Which gun? None of them have proved themselves consistently at nrl level yet. I know there is an argument that they haven't been given the opportunity but surely the club knows who is and isn't ready to step up full time to nrl. There is a reserve grade for a reason, performing well in reserve grade and then doing the same in NRL are two very different things.