• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General 2024: Will we make the top eight?

Will we make the top 8?

• Yes, we will go on a run starting from the Tigers game

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Yes, we wiill scrape in mathematically & with a miracle

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • No, we will just miss out and come 9th or 10th

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • No, we will fall apart and lose most of our remaining games

Votes: 24 31.6%

• Total voters
Watching the other top teams, they have less intensity in their forwards and focus on mere parity, with points coming from the speed in their playmaking and backs. Fast reactions are key in both attack and defence rather than ‘effort’.

I feel for 2025 we need to tone down the forward dominance and angressive intensity and focus on using skill and structure. I think a lot of our injuries are driven from our physically aggressive game plan which hasn’t delivered rewards.

Is it by surprise that we’re always behind the game?

Slow to evolve.

NZWarriors.com
Stop torturing yourselves if you think we can make the 8

We ain’t making the 8 no matter what your little mathematical calculations tell you

Sit back
Let the hair down
Enjoy the next 5 round with no expectations. No pressure.
That is my approach.
And it feels good
🏝️
I get what you mean about the probability but I always enjoy the games that little bit more when there is something riding on them, however remote. It's been a strange season so after the two closest losses in ways you could never imagine, by some weird fate we happen to be playing the two last placed teams at home 😂

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I get what you mean about the probability but I always enjoy the games that little bit more when there is something riding on them, however remote. It's been a strange season so after the two closest losses in ways you could never imagine, by some weird fate we happen to be playing the two last placed teams at home 😂

My stress levels and wallet are done for the season. We could lose by 50 against the Tigers and I would be meh…. Shop is now closed for the year. I will still watch the boys but I won’t be flipping the bird at CHT if he pulls another no look pass or misses a kick… I’ll just look at the funny side of it 😂

The gods are not with us, we will not make the 8

Who will we sacrifice to bring the favour of the gods for next season, the coach, the captain or the princess?

I reckon 9th or 10th at best.
We just don't have it this year. Too many injuries and a coach that's on a steep second year learning curve.
I think we got lucky last year and it was possibly not a good thing. So this year we're struggling to live up to expectation rather than setting the competition on fire. A bit like the Dogs last year.

But unlike so many other years the pitchforks aren't rattling too loudly.
Webby will learn a lot if he's a good coach.
And nothing less than top 8 next year

Tone down the intensity and forward dominance?

A very contrarian thought there mate 🤔
Not the intensity - just the physical intensity and dominance. There is a difference 😉

No more dropping balls uncontested (low intensity play). Drop balls trying freak plays for a try.

Don’t go for 80m every set (high intensity). Get 50m and with the extra energy, tackle more efficiently stopping try’s.

Parity and rely on skill to win.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Not the intensity - just the physical intensity and dominance. There is a difference 😉

No more dropping balls uncontested (low intensity play). Drop balls trying freak plays for a try.

Don’t go for 80m every set (high intensity). Get 50m and with the extra energy, tackle more efficiently stopping try’s.

Parity and rely on skill to win.
I don’t know why brother but this makes absolutely no sense to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s been a looong arse weekend?!!

My stress levels and wallet are done for the season. We could lose by 50 against the Tigers and I would be meh…. Shop is now closed for the year. I will still watch the boys but I won’t be flipping the bird at CHT if he pulls another no look pass or misses a kick… I’ll just look at the funny side of it 😂
Good attitude. I will be dettached as well.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I think maybe the word you are looking for is emotion?

Top teams dominate by high intensity until the opposition crack. They make it look so easy but when you see them celebrating after it’s no less euphoric than when the bottom teams score
Tactical discussion unfolding here.

I see the other teams playing fast but going for less post contact meters than us. Would you agree? The stats every week suggest this is how we play.

So has this been an advantage to us?

Worst part about this season is instead of bottom 4 we could have easily been top 4.

Across all losses this season we average a lead in the game of 6 points.

Some of those matches we never lead.

In the 6 losses where we lead in the game, the average lead is 9.6 points!

I think this is one of our biggest chokes ever. Cannot recall a better Warriors team finishing so low.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I just read a statistical breakdown of our chances.
11.5 % to make the 8.
.04 % to make the top 4

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back