• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General 2024: Will we make the top eight?

Will we make the top 8?

• Yes, we will go on a run starting from the Tigers game

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Yes, we wiill scrape in mathematically & with a miracle

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • No, we will just miss out and come 9th or 10th

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • No, we will fall apart and lose most of our remaining games

Votes: 24 31.6%

• Total voters
NZWarriors.com
We should get back to back wins at home in the next 2 weeks add to that the Bulldogs game don’t see us losing at home. The Dolphins don’t have a great home record 50/50 Chance in that game. It should all come down to the last game against the Sharks. Hopefully the Sharks have already wrapped up a final spot by that game so don’t have as much on the line as us.

Its such a shitter- I just feel like if we had beat the bulldogs our confidence would've been up and we probably win against the raiders too and we'd be looking pretty good.
It would take a miracle to make it now tbh.
I just can't help but think that transition and selections from the Cowboys game to the Storm game really dented the confidence and combinations and we haven't really recovered.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
The only change was SJ coming into the Storm game (probably injured)
May have been one change but it was quite a reshuffle. SJ to 7, TMM to 6 but still the dominant playmaker, CNK to play predominantly left edge from fullback. Pretty much reshuffled our attacking structure with one change. Also didn't help getting Berry injured and the sinbins obviously. But you could see the change happening in front of you as it occurred in real time in the space of about 20 minutes.

May have been one change but it was quite a reshuffle. SJ to 7, TMM to 6 but still the dominant playmaker, CNK to play predominantly left edge from fullback. Pretty much reshuffled our attacking structure with one change. Also didn't help getting Berry injured and the sinbins obviously. But you could see the change happening in front of you as it occurred in real time in the space of about 20 minutes.
Yeah so many things went against our way, we started that game red hot with all the momentum in the world, defending our line until the Eli Katoa try that he stripped out of Pompey's hands and it went slowly downhill from there. The Montoya & DWZ sinbinning was the nail in the coffin.

I just can't help but think that transition and selections from the Cowboys game to the Storm game really dented the confidence and combinations and we haven't really recovered.

I feel like I've made peace with this season know

The first game of the season we were up against the Sharks 12-0 and we were hot on attack, and I thought to myself 'if we score here, well go close to winning the whole thing'. We were looking unbeatable in that opening 20.

We didn't convert that opportunity, and went on to lose the game.
We had opportunities against the Storm and if it wasn't for Super Coates, we would have won that one.
We've had so many moments over the course of the year - some directly and some in directly that have lead to us losing a game. Unfortunately there being so many moments imo there's no way you can look at just one moment as the cause for our seasons short comings. Ironically that thought process has really helped me with the last 2 games. They're heart breaking, but they're just 2 of many instances that haven't gone our way this year.

Coates try
Losing to Titans by 1
Losing to Knights by 6
Dragons ambush
The TMM no penalty ruling
CHT missing those kicks

For me, those are the ones that stand out the most, but there were probably 50 more little moments where if we zigged instead of zagging we'd be lapping it up.

We'd be sitting in 2nd if those things I just mentioned went our way. Kinda mad considering we've played incredibly poor at times....

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

The first game of the season we were up against the Sharks 12-0 and we were hot on attack, and I thought to myself 'if we score here, well go close to winning the whole thing'. We were looking unbeatable in that opening 20.

We had opportunities against the Storm and if it wasn't for Super Coates, we would have won that one.
We've had so many moments over the course of the year - some directly and some in directly that have lead to us losing a game. Unfortunately there being so many moments imo there's no way you can look at just one moment as the cause for our seasons short comings. Ironically that thought process has really helped me with the last 2 games. They're heart breaking, but they're just 2 of many instances that haven't gone our way this year.

Coates try
Losing to Titans by 1
Losing to Knights by 6
Dragons ambush
CHT missing those kicks

For me, those are the ones that stand out the most, but there were probably 50 more little moments where if we zigged instead of zagging we'd be lapping it up.

We'd be sitting in 2nd if those things I just mentioned went our way. Kinda mad considering we've played incredibly poor at times....
Squad's just not quite good enough and selections have been a bit off, couple more wins and we'd be looking good for an exciting run to the finals. It's a shame, but that's sport.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Coates try
Losing to Titans by 1
Losing to Knights by 6
Dragons ambush
CHT missing those kicks

I tried to spare you from the misery of reading this thread last evening but had no idea it would result in you writing a thesis.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Imo injuries have been a severe problem.
A fit Metcalf and SJ and we would have been right in the firing line.
Experience and x factor.
All the best teams have it.
We haven't.

Injury toll has been a major factor.

Let's be real. If we were told both Harris and SJ would miss half the season at the start of the year, who would say we make the 8?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back