General 2024: Will we make the top eight?

Will we make the top 8?

• Yes, we will go on a run starting from the Tigers game

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Yes, we wiill scrape in mathematically & with a miracle

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • No, we will just miss out and come 9th or 10th

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • No, we will fall apart and lose most of our remaining games

Votes: 19 27.1%

• Total voters
13 wins probably guarantees it (12 wins and 1 draw might do it.) - we have 7, so need 6 out of 7 to get there. Our draw includes only two teams that we would normally be a chance of losing to, manly and the sharks... both away.

It sounds a tall task, but I think we'll do it. I'm not even going to go into the reasoning, but t's a simple equation, keep winning (the bunnies just had a 5 win streak ffs, where's ours?)
Yes it's the manly & shark games that will be the hardest. Think we will bounce back against the raiders & go on a run.

the best predictor of us having to win all these games is how we have played this year. We are close but too inconsistent. Hate to say it but it will be one of our best performances in our history to make it. I want us to make it but facts suggest we won’t.
Even if we make the 8, we would struggle to progress and most unlikely to beat the top three (Panthers, Roosters and Storm)

Even if we make the 8, we would struggle to progress and most unlikely to beat the top three (Panthers, Roosters and Storm)
I understand this viewpoint shared by many, including myself

It’s still important for us to make the eight regardless - we need to be as attractive as possible to retain our young talent and recruit players by being a consistent finals footy team

I understand this viewpoint shared by many, including myself

It’s still important for us to make the eight regardless - we need to be as attractive as possible to retain our young talent and recruit players by being a consistent finals footy team
It's pretty much it is used by all league pundits as a measurement of success. When a club goes several years outside of the 8 the difficulty of getting back in is huge and when you are in everyone takes notice - the Dogs are a good example.

We can really only look at this week to week.

The table is so tight that movements up and down will continue to happen weekly.

For example, if we win the next 3 we are guaranteed to be 7th or 8th. If we lose the week after, we will be out of the 8. It's that tight.

Round 20 - Desired results:
- Warriors to beat Raiders.
- Broncos to beat Knights
- Panthers to beat Dolphins
- Titans to beat Sea Eagles
- Cowboys to beat Bulldogs

The above is the optimum set of results for the Warriors.

We will finish the round in 10th place if we win and the Broncos win

We can really only look at this week to week.

The table is so tight that movements up and down will continue to happen weekly.

For example, if we win the next 3 we are guaranteed to be 7th or 8th. If we lose the week after, we will be out of the 8. It's that tight.

Round 20 - Desired results:
- Warriors to beat Raiders.
- Broncos to beat Knights
- Panthers to beat Dolphins
- Titans to beat Sea Eagles
- Cowboys to beat Bulldogs

The above is the optimum set of results for the Warriors.

We will finish the round in 10th place if we win and the Broncos win

Quite a high % of happening unless Broncos rest all their stars again, probably can't afford to as they're in a worse position than us

Interest will wane to 0 for me if we lose on Friday lol

If the Cowboys or Manly win tomorrow then we'll be 5 points outside the top 8.
Either way, put a fork in us
But how did it possibly come to this. We have not played badly this year barring one or two games. You can quibble with Webster;s selections but they have been on average with what any other coach would have done including top coaches.
We came into the season excpecting top four on the ladder.
All the pundits in Australia who correctly predicted second year syndrome had us only sliding down to 5th or 6th
We are on track to beat the Eels and Tigers only and finish 15th.
How is this possible. What happened to us?
I really don't get it.
The only small clue I have is that we really deserved two points against the dogs and we deserved two points against the Raiders but drop kicks/goal kicking failed. Really? We should really in any other universe where reality happens instead of weird things like this life be 4 points higher up the ladder right now.
I don't know I feel this season is like the cup game with a coin under one of cups and they swivel the cups around and you have to guess. I never have any idea which cup and I have no idea why we are losing when I still believe we comfortably have a top four roster AND a good coach.

Had enough of this year, won't make the 8. We've had too many injuries, RTS is no where near the player he once was, SJ out has not helped.

Time to give the youngsters some more game time.

Next year I think we'll make the 8. Settled squad, and a half combination that's had time together.

But how did it possibly come to this. We have not played badly this year barring one or two games. You can quibble with Webster;s selections but they have been on average with what any other coach would have done including top coaches.
We came into the season excpecting top four on the ladder.
All the pundits in Australia who correctly predicted second year syndrome had us only sliding down to 5th or 6th
We are on track to beat the Eels and Tigers only and finish 15th.
How is this possible. What happened to us?
I really don't get it.
The only small clue I have is that we really deserved two points against the dogs and we deserved two points against the Raiders but drop kicks/goal kicking failed. Really? We should really in any other universe where reality happens instead of weird things like this life be 4 points higher up the ladder right now.
I don't know I feel this season is like the cup game with a coin under one of cups and they swivel the cups around and you have to guess. I never have any idea which cup and I have no idea why we are losing when I still believe we comfortably have a top four roster AND a good coach.
I completely agree. I still feel we’re a top 4 team within our pack when we are up for a game like against Canterbury. But yesterday looking like 2 bottom 8 teams bumbling their way through the game.

We have dominated most games physically but our halves and backs haven’t been able to win us games. Yesterday our halves looked like they had no structure and no clues about setting up the team for points. Just all individual brilliance to score tries.

I’ve never seen a Warriors team so good, putting in so much effort to win games and not getting rewarded.

Bizarre season. And not good for league in NZ.

I completely agree. I still feel we’re a top 4 team within our pack when we are up for a game like against Canterbury. But yesterday looking like 2 bottom 8 teams bumbling their way through the game.

We have dominated most games physically but our halves and backs haven’t been able to win us games. Yesterday our halves looked like they had no structure and no clues about setting up the team for points. Just all individual brilliance to score tries.

I’ve never seen a Warriors team so good, putting in so much effort to win games and not getting rewarded.

Bizarre season. And not good for league in NZ.
Our outside back line yesterday was a top four back line notwithstanding some new combinations.
Yes our halves were pretty ordinary but the Dolphins halves aren't any better than us e.g they have Kodi and they look better and get across the stripe. And they are in the 8. I don't think the young 20 year old half for Dolphins is anything more than a steady eddie yet him and kodi are getting it done. Take those two Dolphin halves and swap them with ours and Kodi and Katoa would be gawd awful for us.

Back