Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

NZWarriors.com
Home detention. WOW what is the point.
Only encourages others to take advantage of the system
S has worked with a woman for over 25 years and knew her before her eldest daughter "H" was born, so S knew H all her life. H was on her way to see her boyfriend when a guy who as high and over twice the alcohol limit slammed his car into her at over an estimated 140 plus km/h in an 80km/h area. She died instantly.

This jerk was already on "home detention" and lost his license after pleading guilty to previous DUI charges. This time he got jail time even though his lawyer argued the judge should just give his more HD. Last week, he had a parole hearing but, because he's been in trouble while inside, still has to keep serving his sentence.

S has worked with a woman for over 25 years and knew her before her eldest daughter "H" was born, so S knew H all her life. H was on her way to see her boyfriend when a guy who as high and over twice the alcohol limit slammed his car into her at over an estimated 140 plus km/h in an 80km/h area. She died instantly.

This jerk was already on "home detention" and lost his license after pleading guilty to previous DUI charges. This time he got jail time even though his lawyer argued the judge should just give his more HD. Last week, he had a parole hearing but, because he's been in trouble while inside, still has to keep serving his sentence.
My point is that I thought that with the new government I would have expected these seemingly lenient sentences were a thing of the past. Seems not unfortunately.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Back