Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

Pretty unlikely that a traffic engineer, who worked on the speed restriction program while at AT, was then going to criticise his own work when reviewing for AT during an "independent" review for a consultancy he now works for. Oh, and he's reviewed the speed restriction program, not once, not twice, not three times but four times with the findings of the latest review still to be released. Gee, I wonder, if like the previous three, that review also doesn't find fault.

CORRUPTION!!!!!

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Even if it was banter there is a time an place. The guy felt humiliated in front of their colleagues so

At work, I typically keep everything serious and professional until I have had a few interactions with the person. Or they have made jokes themselves. Then I'd lighten up a bit. I can spend hours on the phone with someone so some banter can help alleviate some stress or pass the time. I still wouldn't take it that far.

This I assume was also their first meeting which makes it worse.

It amazes me how bad politicians are at reading the room. Or how often they put their foot in their mouths.

Look back at my work example above. They should be treating everyone they meet as a potential vote.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
About 15 years ago while I was working at one of New Zealand's largest companies. We got told we need to tighten things up otherwise there will likely be job cuts. No unneeded expenses or conferences.

These edicts often start from the finance departments.

My work mate has a few days off for his wedding. Goes to Waiheke Island for some pre-wedding fun with his mates and sees a group having a company get-together. He asks who they worked for. It was our finance department.

About 15 years ago while I was working at one of New Zealand's largest companies. We got told we need to tighten things up otherwise there will likely be job cuts. No unneeded expenses or conferences.

My work mate has a few days off for his wedding. Goes to Waiheke Island for some pre-wedding fun with his mates and sees a group having a company get-together. He asks who they worked for. It was our finance department.
$100 says the conference could have been a couple of zoom meetings.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Google what happened to Mike Unhjen of the health insurance company Blue Cross in the late 2000’s. Company was making a multi million dollar and putti up premiums by 15%, but still went ahead with a Caribbean conference/retreat.

Back