• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

It’s all good. I’m not going to defend the policy too strongly as I don’t feel massively beholden to it. I just don’t feel it is as abhorrent as it characterised. Some of it (eg the equality aspect) is actually pretty reasonable I didn’t even vote Act, so I’m not going to die in a ditch for them

Over time, NZs ethnic mix will change and it is reasonable to want to have a set of laws that are agnostic to race. That’s my view anyway. I’m sure others would differ and I can’t be arsed trying to change that

Anyway, as before, not really going to expend too much energy here on it
Just because NZs ethnic mix may change doesn't mean you can try and ram through a referendum without engaging the actual Treaty Partner. You can't see how people find that abhorrent?

I knew you wouldn't be able to back up the Act PR spin with any substance.

NZWarriors.com
The fact is these two people have never worked in the private sector a day in their lives. Living off the public teat for your entire adult life doesn't lend to credibility.

View attachment 9597
No it doesn't but their bias doesn't necessarily make the data incorrect. Even Wizard of Tauranga is right occasionally, like when he said... hmm, nah I got nothing.

I really think you just solved generations of inequality right there.
do you think it’s a good idea to pay beneficiaries just enough to keep them in poverty, but wave the carrot of a few more bucks if they have a kid but take the benefit away if you have a partner?

do you think it’s a good idea to then let beneficiaries rack up thousands and thousands of dollars of debt for not paying rent and then let them pay it back a dollar a week out of their benefit, this keeping them a prisoner to the benefit?

do you think it’s a good thing to be born in and grow up in a town with zero job opportunities therefore fast tracking yourself to the aforementioned?

do you think it’s a good thing to be born in a gang household and resign yourself to being the same sack of shit as the other gang members in the house poisoning their communities with drugs, beating their kids to death or raping and beating up the women ?

do you think it’s a good thing to be comfortable and feel safety and resignation in being a statistic of shitty health outcomes as spoken about today?

do you think it’s a good thing to resign yourself to probably winding up in prison just because everyone else you’ve grown up with and stuck around is?

do you think it’s a good thing to have the weight of te pati maori the media telling you dirty david seymour wants you dead and is trying to take away all your rights, even though the prime minister has said IT WILL NOT PASS*

or do you think perhaps it’s a fucking god send to get the fuck out of here away from all of that and have a decent crack at living a good and full life?

you will ALWAYS be a product of your environment.
there’s a reason kiwis seem to thrive once they leave NZ.

*remains to be seen.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
do you think it’s a good thing to be born in a gang household and resign yourself to being the same sack of shit as the other gang members in the house poisoning their communities with drugs, beating their kids to death or raping and beating up the women ?
The gang patches in their own home is being passed. I don’t actually agree with it personally for human rights reasons. But Labour, the Greens and Maori party coming to the defence of the gangs based on how they are good people instead of a breach of human rights was eye opening.

Maori Party even says it’s a breach of tikanga to deny gangs to wear their patches on Marae.

That soft on crime attitude is enabling and has got us into the shit we’re in.

The gang patches in their own home is being passed. I don’t actually agree with it personally for human rights reasons. But Labour, the Greens and Maori party coming to the defence of the gangs based on how they are good people instead of a breach of human rights was eye opening.

Maori Party even says it’s a breach of tikanga to deny gangs to wear their patches on Marae.

That soft on crime attitude is enabling and has got us into the shit we’re in.
I do agree with it, and all their measures to stomp on organised crime. Maybe I've got an authoritarian streak that overrides percieved human rights, but I applaud them for following through with their stance on criminal gangs.

do you think it’s a good idea to pay beneficiaries just enough to keep them in poverty, but wave the carrot of a few more bucks if they have a kid but take the benefit away if you have a partner?

do you think it’s a good idea to then let beneficiaries rack up thousands and thousands of dollars of debt for not paying rent and then let them pay it back a dollar a week out of their benefit, this keeping them a prisoner to the benefit?

do you think it’s a good thing to be born in and grow up in a town with zero job opportunities therefore fast tracking yourself to the aforementioned?

do you think it’s a good thing to be comfortable and feel safety and resignation in being a statistic of shitty health outcomes as spoken about today?

do you think it’s a good thing to resign yourself to probably winding up in prison just because everyone else you’ve grown up with and stuck around is?

do you think it’s a good thing to have the weight of te pati maori the media telling you dirty david seymour wants you dead and is trying to take away all your rights, even though the prime minister has said IT WILL NOT PASS*

or do you think perhaps it’s a fucking god send to get the fuck out of here away from all of that and have a decent crack at living a good and full life?

you will ALWAYS be a product of your environment.
there’s a reason kiwis seem to thrive once they leave NZ.

*remains to be seen.
Catch phrases aren't going to change anything. It's not victim mentality. It's not toxic safety nets, it's not tall poppy.

It could be by addressed housing, education. health and engaging in their culture.
This is well within our means as a society but seems to bring out the worst aspect of the country.

Theres also a lot to be said about the country reconciling how we allowed the disparity of outcomes to happen.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
The gang patches in their own home is being passed.
yeah that’s so weird. mental to think they can enforce it.

gangs are a blight though.
gangs of all cultures and races serve little purpose other than to ruin their own communities for their own monetary gain. i should know, i had a ton to do with the hells angels, working tattoo conventions in europe.

join the scouts if you want to do a toy drive or visit kids with cancer in hospitals.

and as far as cracking down on gangs being unfairly targeting maori?
i’d like to see the same people go in to bat for cracking down on pedophilia unfairly targeting skinny white dudes.

Just because NZs ethnic mix may change doesn't mean you can try and ram through a referendum without engaging the actual Treaty Partner. You can't see how people find that abhorrent?

I knew you wouldn't be able to back up the Act PR spin with any substance.
To be honest, I don’t have the energy to continue discussing this. I don’t really want people to mistake me having a debate with you

You do you

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Catch phrases aren't going to change anything. It's not victim mentality. It's not toxic safety nets, it's not tall poppy.

It could be by addressed housing, education. health and engaging in their culture.
This is well within our means as a society but seems to bring out the worst aspect of the country.

Theres also a lot to be said about the country reconciling how we allowed the disparity of outcomes to happen.
i agree with you to a point.
but what is it that makes us thrive when we leave? just a change of scenery?
no.
NZ is the most toxic place i’ve ever seen. we demand mediocrity, we celebrate poverty and abhor success.

don’t get me wrong, i don’t hate the country, i love living here. but i can see as bright day why it’s so hard to succeed. and it’s not everyone else’s fault.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
How about the Wellington mayor saying she was struggling to pay her bills so sold her car.
On $190k and won $1.2m on lotto 20 years ago.

Wild gal.
a little birdie in courtney place said she’s replaced the drinking habit she never kicked with pokies.
i wouldn’t trust the person who said it, but i’ve seen the type before.

either way ill be surprised if she makes it till next election.
as ive said before i have business interests in the areas shes frequents. she’s a known problem.

i’m surprised way more video of her hasn’t come out.

i agree with you to a point.
but what is it that makes us thrive when we leave? just a change of scenery?
no.
NZ is the most toxic place i’ve ever seen. we demand mediocrity, we celebrate poverty and abhor success.

don’t get me wrong, i don’t hate the country, i love living here. but i can see as bright day why it’s so hard to succeed. and it’s not everyone else’s fault.
NZ is a tiny country that punches far above it's weight economically, sport, culturally.
We really don't demand medicority at all.
There are Maori absolute thriving in NZ also.

We live in a country with a totally unique indigenous culture - that has some of the most dire statistics going. This is not unique to countries that were colonised at all
but any efforts to address the topic bring out the ugliest side of who we are.

Even you were more butthurt that I called out a private school boy rather than a poster saying the social impacts are an IQ issue.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back