• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Social 💪 Savage September

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
The wall. I hate the wall.

The wall tries to make me believe that stopping is best. Then if I successfully hit it and push past it. It says well done, here are your complimentary endorphins.
Swear to god I was thinking of excuses to stop on the treadmill after 20min…. Just wasn’t feeling it….. then I just started cursing to myself and it kinda worked 😂

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Any secret method to achieve that?
I've been working hard physically without enough sleep due to long nights doing different stuff as well as doing this September exercise thing.

They all ganged up on my sleep so I negotiated a weekend sleep in for Saturday and Sunday and it's done wonders. Because I communicated with my family they were happy and I didn't worry through my sleep and wake up early anyway. So once I made my needs known to family and allowed myself to do it. It worked. Last night I slept and woke up about 7.30am and got up at 8.30am

I've been working hard physically without enough sleep due to long nights doing different stuff as well as doing this September exercise thing.

They all ganged up on my sleep so I negotiated a weekend sleep in for Saturday and Sunday and it's done wonders. Because I communicated with my family they were happy and I didn't worry through my sleep and wake up early anyway. So once I made my needs known to family and allowed myself to do it. It worked. Last night I slept and woke up about 7.30am and got up at 8.30am
Communucating that assurance might have subconsciously flicked the switch that allowed you to sleep so deeply, there's nothing like permission to sleep without being disturbed. Or you might have just been exhausted.

Swear to god I was thinking of excuses to stop on the treadmill after 20min…. Just wasn’t feeling it….. then I just started cursing to myself and it kinda worked 😂
The time before I start my brush cutter in the morning until the second tank of fuel is empty are physically and mentally challenging. After that, I'm at working temperature and everything clicks in and I'm powering through the day. That's my wall daily from Mon to Fri with the odd Sat.

Once you've met the wall and banged your head on it hard enough...... it yields your rewards of the chemical release that feels great. It's one of the reasons I weirdly enjoy brush cutting haha.

I'm on this sep journey because I need to be fit for work and I WANT AND NEED to be healthy and strong for my wife and kids.

Communucating that assurance might have subconsciously flicked the switch that allowed you to sleep so deeply, there's nothing like permission to sleep without being disturbed. Or you might have just been exhausted.
A lady at work talks a lot about 'giving yourself permission'. Her philosophy is your body needs what it needs. Obviously things get in the way of that like work, family and other commitments. But she says that once or twice a week clearing her mind and giving herself permission to sleep as much as she requires works for her. Sounds a bit fluffy but it does have some merit

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Anyone looked into Neuro Linguistic Programming to reset your mind? It's a kind of solipsism where you send commands directly to your subconscious reptile-mind. Or it could be another pseudo-scientific self-help scam, but whatever works.

Might roll down to KFC in a minute for a quarter pack and zinger, every mouthful is like entering Heaven, and worth every minute off my life.

Last edited:
Bang on bro. I've slept shitty plenty of times. Communicating allays any worries that I might want to be a lazy slob. In reality, my wife knew I needed it but as a mature adult it's best when I spoke that need and I'll do it more for as necessary while getting my time management back on track

Anyone looked into Neuro Linguistic Programming to reset your mind? It's a kind of solipsism where you send commands directly to your subconscious reptile-mind. Or it could be another pseudo-scientific self-help scam.

Might roll down to KFC in a minute for a quarter pack and zinger, every mouthful is like entering Heaven, and worth every minute off my life.
Kinda but in a different way. I have thing sI play on repeat from Eric Thomas and David Goggins, like a conscious NLP.

KFC at least in Aust has turned to dogshit. Was my last vice up until 2020. Dont mind a lil GYG after gym but thats hunting calories

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Kinda but in a different way. I have thing sI play on repeat from Eric Thomas and David Goggins, like a conscious NLP.

KFC at least in Aust has turned to dogshit. Was my last vice up until 2020. Dont mind a lil GYG after gym but thats hunting calories
Yeah it's not as good as it used to be here either, probably toxic.

I say the weirdest things to myself when I want to stop but I can't. Things including but not limited to

"Push" "Cut you bastard". "Come on!!!!"

Usually need to aggressively talk to myself. It works. And it's also funny too

The time before I start my brush cutter in the morning until the second tank of fuel is empty are physically and mentally challenging. After that, I'm at working temperature and everything clicks in and I'm powering through the day. That's my wall daily from Mon to Fri with the odd Sat.

Once you've met the wall and banged your head on it hard enough...... it yields your rewards of the chemical release that feels great. It's one of the reasons I weirdly enjoy brush cutting haha.

I'm on this sep journey because I need to be fit for work and I WANT AND NEED to be healthy and strong for my wife and kids.
That's zen brother, you're the Buddha of this thread. Throw in a cold Speights at the end of a long day's brush cutting and it's probably the wisest thing I've ever read, good onya mate.

I can sleep 9hrs no worrries after popping a pill but feel like total shit the next morning
Ditch the pill if it makes you feel that way. With your September gym sessions you should be physically more able to sleep. If it's mental blocks, the downer pills for sleeping can have whacked side effects. I reckon your increased lung capacity should allow for better sleep. Anyway I'm no doctor but have a self awarded PhD in optimism.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back