• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Social 💪 Savage September

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Haven’t trained for sport in 20 years, I do a lot of walking, bushwalks, tramps. Was in Dunedin last week visiting my daughter, we went up Mt Cargill, pretty good track up there, no pain next day. Got gym gear and treadmill in the garage, couple of sesh's a week. Nothing like you guys' devotion to fitness though, I applaud you all.
I'm just seeking improvement. It hasn't fully happened yet

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Scapular press ups. 3 sets of 12, 12, 10

Close grip press ups. 1 set of 10. My shoulder is lagging.

Pilates core and lower back.

Big steep hill to brush cut yesterday and I felt it last night for sure. Day off today should help recovery and tonight's session.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Had a couple of ‘off the wagon’ days due to some work stuff but will do double sessions to make it up (done 1 already, still ‘owe’ 2).
Have a relatively repetitive program but the aim each week is;
2 x Squash games
1 Swim mid week to loosen up.
2 x HIIT type sessions that is more sit up/ press up type stuff which is 10 stations sets of ten and try to get through as many rotations on the circuit as I can in the lunch break.
2 x Heavier Weight sessions (bench/leg press/sled type thing.
3 x Runs - different times and different intervals and intensities but try for 4-5kms and between 30-60 mins. Just doing treadmill at the moment but hoping to do 1 outdoor session with maybe some sprints once a week. Get pretty bad seasonal allergies which doesn’t help

The amazing thing for me, and it probably shouldn't be a surprise, is the difference it makes just doing some stretching each day. The exercise and diet is great but the stretching for me has been my biggest take out of the month so far
💯 Percent with you on that. I've neglected stretching and paid for it with knotted muscle fibres that look ugly and aren't nearly as functional or strong as they could or should be.

A physio said that a blokey mindset is to be huge and buff but he said my neglect of flexibility and agility was why I was all knotted up. Keep stretching. It's worth it aye

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The amazing thing for me, and it probably shouldn't be a surprise, is the difference it makes just doing some stretching each day. The exercise and diet is great but the stretching for me has been my biggest take out of the month so far
I bought a lumbar roll for my back. works wonders

Thurs & Fri it’s rest & recover
Sat & Sun 🚶🏻‍♂️ 🚶🏻‍♂️ 🚶🏻‍♂️

I’m thinking I need an I-watch with all these tracking gadgets. Trying to take a photo of my mileage on the treadmill is painful

Another 500 swings down. 5000 so halfway there.

A bit fatigued with the repetition. Ended up doubling up a lot of the sets to get through it quicker.

Physically I'm good and feel like I should get some benefit out of this when daylight savings starts and I move to cycling. The issue is more the mental side having to get through so much of the same thing.

I planted 46 x 1m high trees today. Spread about 3m of mulch around them.

Sore back but feeling good.

Yesterday, I dug 13 holes and hand mixed concrete, putting posts in. Spray painted the posts and planted 20 small plants, mulched about 1m of garden.

Big landscaping project. Do it all again tomorrow…

Don’t get much spare time to work out 🤣

I planted 46 x 1m high trees today. Spread about 3m of mulch around them.

Sore back but feeling good.

Yesterday, I dug 13 holes and hand mixed concrete, putting posts in. Spray painted the posts and planted 20 small plants, mulched about 1m of garden.

Big landscaping project. Do it all again tomorrow…

Don’t get much spare time to work out 🤣
That's a day alright. Digging is one of my least favourite jobs. You have my respect 👍

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back