• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Social šŸŽ A Weighty Issue

Iā€™ve had a hard time coping lately. The weekend of the Broncos game, I joined my three remaining siblings at a lookout above Piha beach. It was there, 20 years before to the day,weā€™d scattered my sisterā€™s ashes after she had died from a blood clot caused during a flight back to NYC from Auckland. There was some laughter but also a lot of tears.
Sending positive vibes and energy to you Mike. Losing loved ones in such tragic circumstances is a heavy grief to carry. My Mum helped me understand when recently I spoke with her about losing my Dad to old age (her husband of 50 years).

She told me that it doesn't stop hurting. But you get more accustomed to it.

Another thing I have learned about death and grief is when I go home and my Mum bursts into tears and wailing. Its not pain. Its because she can see my Dad in me and in her mokopuna.

Stay connected with your siblings and even to those on here that have offered an ear if you need.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Interesting you took that to mean physical...But by chance how are you testing that mental toughness?

That quote from Goggins, Its easy to be great because everyone else is fucking weak; is not talking about physical toughness. That shits easy. Lifting weights / running, that shit is easy. Find me a guy who can do it all hour, all day. Fuck it, find me a guy who can go all fuck week, because at that level it has nothing to do with physicality.

I just drove 4.5hrs to 1hr business meeting and 4.5 back just to close out what could be me halving my costs and doubling my revenue. Theres a reason my business ventures are going from strength to strength.
I started following David Goggins.
His background and history is total savage. The Warriors and their weak minded mentality could learn a lot from this guy. We all could.

View: https://youtu.be/bklrNzdtU3Q?si=YcnF99MpoQlnbux2

Anyone running or training over September? Set my self another lil challenge and all my athlete mates are injured or on training blocks for work.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Going to Rarotonga in November, back to eating clean and training hard in the gym so I can get my stomach reasonable for the beach šŸ˜‚
I did a block of training every day in July and it was really effective, so going to do a savage September. Post up your workouts to keep us motivated.

I did a block of training every day in July and it was really effective, so going to do a savage September. Post up your workouts to keep us motivated.
I used to work so hard physically that recovery was all I needed to do to keep my crappy eating in check. But learning about eating right/we has now been offset by the fact that I now need to work out to be fit enough for work. So I'm in a new headspace that's looking up to you blokes who are already well along the way. Awesome brothers.

šŸ‘ŠšŸ‘ŠšŸ‘Š

I used to work so hard physically that recovery was all I needed to do to keep my crappy eating in check. But learning about eating right/we has now been offset by the fact that I now need to work out to be fit enough for work. So I'm in a new headspace that's looking up to you blokes who are already well along the way. Awesome brothers.

šŸ‘ŠšŸ‘ŠšŸ‘Š
Jump in for Savage September. The only requirement is to train everyday. No requirements on what type. If all you can manage is a ten minute walk, then do that everyday. Its also a good way to mix up what you are doing for exercise.

Its partly a mental challenge as well to cut through your own excuses.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Jump in for Savage September. The only requirement is to train everyday. No requirements on what type. If all you can manage is a ten minute walk, then do that everyday. Its also a good way to mix up what you are doing for exercise.

Righto. I'm in. I've got a closet full of excuses to beat down so I'll make myself accountable.

I'll post what I do on a weekly and honest basis.

ā€œ you donā€™t know me son!!ā€
ā€œWhoā€™s gonna carry the boats?!!!!ā€

Iā€™m in!

I used to run competitively, 800m and 1500m track in my younger days up to 5000m as I got to thirty. Road races in winter up to 10k. Iā€™d love to run now but problems of plantar fasciitis and a deep seated calf issue means I keep having to jack it in. Iā€™m 64 mind so I should know better

Got into the routine of circuit training in the house, nothing too strenuous. 10 different exercises to the circuit. That and a mixture of 50 press ups, numerous sit ups and 75 squats on other days. Sleeping like a baby most nights

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I was browsing some bookmarks the other day and came across the 10,000 KB swing challenge. That got my interest up to do it again so I started getting some prep work in. When I say prep work mainly putting some numbers up on the white board in the garage to remind me on Sunday that I am supposed to be starting.

I used to do it once a year but stopped a few years ago as I got injured. My elbows got pretty jacked up. My elbows cause me issues on and off now but mainly for specific pressing movements. I can swing a KB so hopefully I can get through it.

September would be my last chance this year as once it hits daylight savings I pretty much spend most of my exercise time on the bike.

I'm quite keen to see how I go now that my fitness is a lot better. The first time I did it I was really unfit I ended up have to lower the weight and was also start on lower numbers, 300 a day if I was lucky instead of 500. I did go for some runs afterwards and found there was some improvement.

I also stopped doing this partly due to the repetitive nature and also work getting in the way. I am pretty motivated now so am keen to get in the grind so the repetitiveness should be fine as I am focussing on the goal. Work or family commitments is often a convenient excuse. Beside a school event on Wednesday night I don't have anything coming up.

I was browsing some bookmarks the other day and came across the 10,000 KB swing challenge. That got my interest up to do it again so I started getting some prep work in. When I say prep work mainly putting some numbers up on the white board in the garage to remind me on Sunday that I am supposed to be starting.

I used to do it once a year but stopped a few years ago as I got injured. My elbows got pretty jacked up. My elbows cause me issues on and off now but mainly for specific pressing movements. I can swing a KB so hopefully I can get through it.

September would be my last chance this year as once it hits daylight savings I pretty much spend most of my exercise time on the bike.

I'm quite keen to see how I go now that my fitness is a lot better. The first time I did it I was really unfit I ended up have to lower the weight and was also start on lower numbers, 300 a day if I was lucky instead of 500. I did go for some runs afterwards and found there was some improvement.

I also stopped doing this partly due to the repetitive nature and also work getting in the way. I am pretty motivated now so am keen to get in the grind so the repetitiveness should be fine as I am focussing on the goal. Work or family commitments is often a convenient excuse. Beside a school event on Wednesday night I don't have anything coming up.
Sounds like a great way to hit that goal. 323 swings a day, every day, gets you there!

I used to run competitively, 800m and 1500m track in my younger days up to 5000m as I got to thirty. Road races in winter up to 10k. Iā€™d love to run now but problems of plantar fasciitis and a deep seated calf issue means I keep having to jack it in. Iā€™m 64 mind so I should know better

Got into the routine of circuit training in the house, nothing too strenuous. 10 different exercises to the circuit. That and a mixture of 50 press ups, numerous sit ups and 75 squats on other days. Sleeping like a baby most nights
Bilateral compartment syndrome after the military. 1 year of reformer pilates I was running 5km again. 2 years and I was doing 10km for the first time ever.

I canā€™t recommend reformer pilates enough.

Sounds like a great way to hit that goal. 323 swings a day, every day, gets you there!
It should take 20 days. It is supposed to be 500 a day. I will see how I am on the scheduled off days and may plan to do something else. Towards the end, I'll be planning on something else to do.

The plan is 3 days of
10 swings
Strength exercise
15 swings
Strength exercise
25 swings
Strength exercise
50 swings

Then a day where it is just the 10, 15, 25, 50 swings.

The articles I have been reading recently have explained the rest better. I used to try and get through it all in one go, resting after the 50 swings. I failed obviously and would rest where appropriate kind of like how cross-fit do blocks. The newer articles have rest after each strength exercise.

There have been other variations with how the swings are broken up. That would probably be easier but I like this scheme it increases and also the numbers are easier to remember instead of going up and down.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back