NRL NRL Round 1, 2024 Discussion

If you want to make this Vegas thing more attractive you take the only team from another country over there and make it tribal.

That way you get buy in, a crowd split, Aussies vs Aussies means nothing, but if you bring a team from another country called the Warriors vs three Aussie based teams you have a selling point.

Of the small bunch of Americans that do watch the NRL, they tend to like the Warriors highlights featuring Shaun Johnson and even though he is too old to do half that shit, at least they could have false advertised with an SJ highlights package that anyone who likes sports immediately enjoys.

Also we should have been there based off the competition placings of the last season, another missed selling point. The Americans couldn't give a shit that one team is from Brisbane and the others are from Sydney.....how about advertising that you brought the four top teams from last years comp to the US?

As such I don't have a lot of love for the concept. Rugby league promotion in NZ could have done with this game.

If you want to make this Vegas thing more attractive you take the only team from another country over there and make it tribal.

That way you get buy in, a crowd split, Aussies vs Aussies means nothing, but if you bring a team from another country called the Warriors vs three Aussie based teams you have a selling point.

Of the small bunch of Americans that do watch the NRL, they tend to like the Warriors highlights featuring Shaun Johnson and even though he is too old to do half that shit, at least they could have false advertised with an SJ highlights package that anyone who likes sports immediately enjoys.

Also we should have been there based off the competition placings of the last season, another missed selling point. The Americans couldn't give a shit that one team is from Brisbane and the others are from Sydney.....how about advertising that you brought the four top teams from last years comp to the US?

As such I don't have a lot of love for the concept. Rugby league promotion in NZ could have done with this game.
Hopefully they iron out some of the unattractive sides to it by the next time and I think you could be right, the yanks would lap it up that tribal experience. Might something that SJ is excited about to play another season for the experience?

Hopefully they iron out some of the unattractive sides to it by the next time and I think you could be right, the yanks would lap it up that tribal experience. Might something that SJ is excited about to play another season for the experience?
Since the nrl are buying out Superleage they might as well send Wigan, Penrith, Warriors and a local US team to cheer for, the Vegas Mafiosos or something.

IMG_7838.jpeg

IMG_7837.jpeg

Clean sweep..

Back