Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Storm

Team Lists

I don’t disagree but he would need gigantic balls to do something like that. RTS is too well respected and Webby is too smart to pull a Tony Kemp type move by dropping RTS because of a few games where Montoya has shined.. he was shit during our 4 loss stint
That's why we drop Pompey instead of rearranging our whole backline to fit in someone who has been solid on defence and offers zero on attack

Remember the words of Delboy from OFAH.
" He who dares wins ".
If only 😪

Wasn't that Mike Whitney? 😜

images (8).jpeg

Yup, probably our best chance we will have or have had for a while. Our strongest lineup vs one of their weakest for a fair while. The result will hinge on our defence. The Storm will let in enough points for us to win. I'm not as worried about NAS as much as some. He's a threat for sure but we can contain him to a large degree. I think its our right edge defence that's going to be targeted and of greater concern to me. A win in this game and we are a good opportunity to have a streak of 7+ IMO
Just on our defence during that losing streak we were conceding on average 27 points a game. On our 3 game winning streak we've got that down to 17 points a game.

Our set completion rate during the losing patch was 81%, we got that up to 86% on our winning run.

We improved our error rate and more importantly our discipline has improved and we've halved the amount of penalties we were giving away.

For mine while the focus has been on the attack and i can acknowledge a change up of variation was needed to our structure, more importantly these are the factors that are vital to playing Webby ball and ultimately winning games, cause u can change up what u do in the attacking zone and have whoever u want playing 6 or 7, but if your not winning these markers your pushing shit up hill.

Like everyone else ill be interested to see how SJ and Te Maire go about complementing each other so we have dual threats, but more importantly if we want to beat the Storm these are the non sexy boxes we need to be ticking first and foremost.

Both now @ $1.90. Can see the Warriors strengthening their odds for a win. When was the last time we were favorites against the Storm ?
I reckon come kick off we will be slight favorites. A lot of money has been put on us since team lists were named (helps having friends who work closely with the bookies). Can't say I've seen a 10th place team being favorites over 1st place.

Just on our defence during that losing streak we were conceding on average 27 points a game. On our 3 game winning streak we've got that down to 17 points a game.

Our set completion rate during the losing patch was 81%, we got that up to 86% on our winning run.

We improved our error rate and more importantly our discipline has improved and we've halved the amount of penalties we were giving away.

For mine while the focus has been on the attack and i can acknowledge a change up of variation was needed to our structure, more importantly these are the factors that are vital to playing Webby ball and ultimately winning games, cause u can change up what u do in the attacking zone and have whoever u want playing 6 or 7, but if your not winning these markers your pushing shit up hill.

Like everyone else ill be interested to see how SJ and Te Maire go about complementing each other so we have dual threats, but more importantly if we want to beat the Storm these are the non sexy boxes we need to be ticking first and foremost.
Think the two are interrelated?

Also no surprise that both our defence and attack look better with fit players, bench make up and use, some bigger bodies on the edge.

Think the two are interrelated?

Also no surprise that both our defence and attack look better with fit players, bench make up and use, some bigger bodies on the edge.
Playing guys that arent busted is a big one. Also dont under estimate better use of the bench (Webbys for the most part 2 man bench use just added to running a few guys into the ground (imo) and ultimately fatigue and giving up penalties go hand in hand. a And yeah Marata and Barnett (altho i still have doubts of his defensive mobility out wide) running edges is like night and day to Ford and Capewell.

Back