Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Storm

Team Lists

Playing the role of the pessimist here…..

That’s a really small bench. Against the stronger teams I feel it’s been proven not to work. That’s where I think it’ll be won or lost.

This Storm team is under strength and ripe for the taking though.
Small bench but we have five props starting at 8 10 11 12 13. So the approach appears to be shuffling players around vs on and off the bench.

Would've preferred Dylan Walker starting and Tohu off the bench again.

Biggest test will be to contain NAS, he single handedly changed the momentum of last years ANZAC game.
Webby will change on game day like last week. Thought bringing Walker on at the 20 minute and playing the rest is a good idea as well.

Good to see Johnson back.

Fitting in with Te Maire Martins game is not complicated, it does not require set ups with block plays, it is a simple as a fast pass which Johnson possesses.

We will have our answer in the great debate this weekend.

Folk seem to think that the plan needs to change to get a better synergy, no, not at all, you have a running half that takes on the line and a kicking half that also runs set up structure.

Like I say, any half back could fit in with what Te Maire Martin is currently producing, any half in the NRL could pass him the ball.

Happy with the choice by Webby to start Tohu like I predicted * cough cough* 😂

Then bring on the bad bald brothers with CHT to turn up the energy later on..

These 3 need to go in guns blazing when they get the call 🔥

Easily the stronger team on paper

No idea where Capewell fits in all this?

RTS held back because of injury, or because of "staggered changes."

Tough decision delayed another week, though I have the feeling Webster is going to have Pompey make way, which would be a shame.
Playing Roger at left centre is absolutely the right call. Almost nobody was looking good the last time he played. Now pretty much everyone is. The team is firing, and in that context I think we'll see Roger at his best.

So Bunty Afoa nowhere on the longer list.
Committed some sort of team breach?

Surely next week Webby won’t demote Pompey to promote Rts?

His wording suggested RTS will come into the team. Who else does he demote? I genuinely can't guess out of the 4 outside backs.

Do you think Bunty is under a bit of pressure to look at ESL? I would imagine they would want his top 30 spot freed up for 2024. His omission may be that they are putting the writing on the wall...or he is just injured and I'm reding into it :ROFLMAO:

His wording suggested RTS will come into the team. Who else does he demote? I genuinely can't guess out of the 4 outside backs.

Do you think Bunty is under a bit of pressure to look at ESL? I would imagine they would want his top 30 spot freed up for 2024. His omission may be that they are putting the writing on the wall...or he is just injured and I'm reding into it :ROFLMAO:
I hope not, he's a great depth player to have in the wider squad, and can do a job when called upon. It would be stupid to get rid of him knowing our injury luck.

Anyone know if the reserves play 💙 Mighty NSW cup?

Don’t know why I am more instead in that list than this ☝️ 😂

Back