Warriors

Kickoff In:

Suncorp Stadium

Sunday
Afternoon
15:50

Panthers

Team Lists

After falling 22-0 against Rooster we showed spirit to keep it respectable at the end.
I think there is a little bit of confidence we can take away from that match. We won the last 60 minutes of the contest.
The Warriors got rolled inside two sessions on day one and the Roosters finished the day 200/1. The game was over and they knew they had our measure regardless of whether we took it to day 4 or not.

The Warriors got rolled inside two sessions on day one and the Roosters finished the day 200/1. The game was over and they knew they had our measure regardless of whether we took it to day 4 or not.
In those tests the game finishes inside three days. We battled away and drew this out to be a full five day test.

If they had their way they would have loved to have put on 70 points.
I actually was watching their body language and after they got to 22-0 they looked spent and were huffing and puffing.

In those tests the game finishes inside three days. We battled away and drew this out to be a full five day test.

If they had their way they would have loved to have put on 70 points.
I actually was watching their body language and after they got to 22-0 they looked spent and were huffing and puffing.
At 22-0 the game was over and they were like a cat toying with a mouse they had caught.

I see in Aussie they are paying $1.85 for Penrith 13+. Kind of agree but for some reason I am really looking forward to this game. Will Taine swap with CNK or play a role like Papenhuyzen? Or will CNK swap with Ali?
No real kicking game so we have to run more which sounds like a train wreck for us and likely will be. Perhaps TMM will finally switch on playing on the right? One thing is for sure we will have to play differently than we normally do.

Mods when does the Round 11 discussion thread start. I want to get in there to discuss....

At 22-0 the game was over and they were like a cat toying with a mouse they had caught.
Have to agree to disagree a bit here mate. I think they saw we were fighting back a bit. The only answer they had was to play dirty. 4 on report for it says something. If their professional fouls had been reffed properly at the start it might have seen a hard fought comeback to get there. We scored more points in that period but the refs and the bunker let them off. It sapped us and hurt us too much in the end and they got a couple more on the back of it.
Our fault in it all was being like stunned mullets in the first 20.

Have to agree to disagree a bit here mate. I think they saw we were fighting back a bit. The only answer they had was to play dirty. 4 on report for it says something. If their professional fouls had been reffed properly at the start it might have seen a hard fought comeback to get there. We scored more points in that period but the refs and the bunker let them off. It sapped us and hurt us too much in the end and they got a couple more on the back of it.
Please Juno don't insult Inruin by saying anything about the refs being biased.
😉 😉

Maybe, I understand what you are saying but after the 22-0 start they scored when they needed to. The point is we got blown off the park early and were never in the contest. Holding on to the 'we won the 60 minutes after that' line is meaningless to me. We didn't stand up in the first 15 minutes when the pressure was on so it doesn't matter much what happened next IMO

After rewatched the game a second time:

The ref gave us every possession decision and 50/50 call after 20th minutes and kept us in the game. From about 20% possession after 20 minutes, they ended up doing 70 more tackles than us by the end of the game…. It was kept close.

The Roosters mentally switched off and bombed what could have been another 3-4 certain tries through last second handling errors.

Mismatch.

After rewatched the game a second time:

The ref gave us every possession decision and 50/50 call after 20th minutes and kept us in the game. From about 20% possession after 20 minutes, they ended up doing 70 more tackles than us by the end of the game…. It was kept close.

The Roosters mentally switched off and bombed what could have been another 3-4 certain tries through last second handling errors.

Mismatch.
Yeah Like the Tits game, more than enough ball to win.

Maybe, I understand what you are saying but after the 22-0 start they scored when they needed to. The point is we got blown off the park early and were never in the contest. Holding on to the 'we won the 60 minutes after that' line is meaningless to me. We didn't stand up in the first 15 minutes when the pressure was on so it doesn't matter much what happened next IMO
Thats the bit I agree with. In the end we didn't win.
I don't agree that it was done and dusted after the first 20. We've come back from there before and we tried this time.
I don't care how much the refs gave us this and that to 'help' us, they didn't do their job as they should have in the first place. We got mauled illegally, it was blatant, and they got away with it. The ref let them. Should have sent at least one off but no.

honestly i hope cnk destroys in 5/8 so we can get rts in fullback

I'm assuming both CNK and Tuaupiki will both have turns there, which is cool because TMM has been a bit average this year so it gives us a look at two outside of the box potential 6's moving forward.

Jeeze who woulda thought by Rd 11 this year we would have tried a grand total of 10 players in the spine already:

Egan
CHT
Lussick
CNK
Tuaupiki
RTS
SJ
Metcalf
TMM
Roache

For those of us who are good with stats...have we had any other hear where we've had that many injuries or musical chairs

Back