Saturday
Afternoon
17:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Broncos have no Reynolds, Walsh, Haas, Carrigan, Oates, Riki

we got some serious problems..
Fixed that for you.
We don't need to wait for the results of tomorrow's game before deciding that the Warriors are cooked.

Need a big win to regain the public and team confidence

Last year Reynolds killed us, this year when TMM was doing the solo lead with the juniors into form we’d have beaten them without Reynolds, now it’s we can see where they are at after the thrashing…it’ll be a freefall if if loss this

Need a big win to regain the public and team confidence

Last year Reynolds killed us, this year when TMM was doing the solo lead with the juniors into form we’d have beaten them without Reynolds, now it’s we can see where they are at after the thrashing…it’ll be a freefall if if loss this
Probably the best we could hope for. Playing a struggling broncos team missing a host of players, at home (though a dry daytime track would have been better), enforced changes to the halves is an improvement, hurt of last week's thrashing as motivation. Could have only hoped for a few other team changes but otherwise this has to be nothing less than a win for us - as long as a select number of our players can keep their heads.

I'm picking a comfortable win in the end but a few scares on the way.

this has to be nothing less than a win for us -

I think it is expectations like this from the coaching staff, friends, family, and whanau and fans that put too much pressure on the players and lead to implosions like we saw last week.
I imagine the whole week at the warriors has been full of speeches from management saying quotes like

"Anything less than a win this week is not acceptable
"Winning is a non negotiable this week"
"I expect you as professionals to show up and win this week now is that too much to ask?"
(Some of those quotes taken from articles and clips I have come across over the years)

As hard as it is to believe, there is still so much for us to play for.

7 of our 9 games to go (yes that's right, just 9 games of regular season left) are against teams currently within 3 points ahead of us, or below us.

The two other games are Dolphins who I predict will continue to drop back and the Sharks. So really, 8 of 9 are against our fellow mid-table teams.

I think it is expectations like this from the coaching staff, friends, family, and whanau and fans that put too much pressure on the players and lead to implosions like we saw last week.
I imagine the whole week at the warriors has been full of speeches from management saying quotes like

"I expect you as professionals to show up and win this week now is that too much to ask?"
(Some of those quotes taken from articles and clips I have come across over the years)
Nonsense. They are professional sportsmen. If they can't handle this game with a number of things in their favour then they may as well give up now

The implosion last game can almost solely be put down to the coach IMO.

Andrew Jones reckons they are getting too popular and getting ahead of themselves. Imagine the coach and managers just tell them last week was a fluke and just keep doing what you’re doing, everything is fine, if you lose this one to a struggling baby broncos side missing their 5 best players in front of a full house home crowd, we can turn the IG accounts comments off and give you a hug, we even have Adam Blair ready to fight the trolls.

Season on the line and the integrity of the bandwagon hinges on this game, they’re one game away from being a laughing stock to the public consciousness again

Andrew Jones reckons they are getting too popular and getting ahead of themselves. Imagine the coach and managers just tell them last week was a fluke and just keep doing what you’re doing, everything is fine, if you lose this one to a struggling baby broncos side missing their 5 best players in front of a full house home crowd, we can turn the IG accounts comments off and give you a hug, we even have Adam Blair ready to fight the trolls.

Season on the line and the integrity of the bandwagon hinges on this game, they’re one game away from being a laughing stock to the public consciousness again

With respect to Joey his takes are complete rubbish.

Too popular and ahead of themselves? I wish that was the case, that's something you can fix.

Can't easily fix the best part of $2 - $3 million playing busted or wanting out.

Last edited:
Back