Pick Your Team Warriors v Storm - Round 15, 2024

One thing about Metcalf is he was able to overcall SJ a lot. Metcalf got the ball when he wanted it most of the time
Was that actually the case? It didn't appear that way and certainly the possession stats don't seem to support that either. The best game IMO for a 6 this year with SJ at 7 was the South's game with TMM and a close second the Knights game with CHT.

Regardless it looks like when SJ is back it will be TMM at 6. I would be equally happy if it's CHT though.

Imagine if SJ is still not named on Tuesday and we get another week of this discussion 🙂

Good times!

So after 3 wins in a row you want to reshuffle the whole backline?

Good thinking
To be fair, the only thing that was the same in all 3 games is TMM at 7, Pomps at 4 and Monty at 5.

Win 1:
1 Tuaupiki
2 DWZ
3 Leiataua
4 Pomps
5 Monty
6 CHT
7 TMM

Win 2:
1 DWZ
2 Kosi
3 MTG
4 Pomps
5 Monty
6 CHT
7 TMM

Win 3:
1 CNK
2 DWZ
3 Berry
4 Pomps
5 Monty
6 CHT
7 TMM

I'm finding the whole SJ v TMM debate misguided. The question is not "who should be halfback" which has caused much debate. The question is "How can we get both players being threats?"

Well it depends how you look at it.

I could argue that the last three weeks have been the most team focused victories under Webbys tenure and thus the most impressive.

Maybe the question is; is it possible to get them playing in sync together? What if both of them feel that they need to control the play? Could it be a case of too many chefs and not enough spatulas?

Maybe another question is; how does each players playing vision resonate with the rest of the team? What if SJ communicates his plays with the efficiency of smoke signals?

The answer will come when SJ returns.

So after 3 wins in a row you want to reshuffle the whole backline?

Good thinking

Haha everyone relax,
Big man on campus is back to tell everyone how it should be.

You do realise this is a forum right? And people are allowed to voice opinions that might differ from your own? No need to be condescending prick all the time!

Strange, I thought that would have been commonsense?

Haha everyone relax,
Big man on campus is back to tell everyone how it should be.

You do realise this is a forum right? And people are allowed to voice opinions that might differ from your own? No need to be condescending prick all the time!

Strange, I thought that would have been commonsense?
No problem - I like stirring the pot from time to time. Life would be very boring otherwise.

Long range forecast
Fine, then showers developing. Northwesterlies.

Issued: 7:31pm Sun 9 Jun

SUNRISE 7:31am
SUNSET 5:12pm
Rainfall exceedance probability forecast

1+ mm: 70%
10+ mm: 10%
Updated forecast

Rain, clearing and becoming fine. Westerlies.

Issued: 7:31pm Mon 10 Jun

Temperature forecast

16°
10°
Rainfall exceedance probability forecast

1+ mm: 50%
10+ mm: 10%

Saw this and they interviewed Stacy Jones

Kemp thinks it might be time to speak with SJ and stick with the current halves, and after interviewing Stacy he said need to see when SJ took the team to A this year, TMM to B, if SJ can bring us to C or back to A this week

Stacy seems to indicate it’s about integrating SJ into the team when he is 100%, while SJ needs to have a look at his game

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VluU7N4_Ww0

Saw this and they interviewed Stacy Jones

Kemp thinks it might be time to speak with SJ and stick with the current halves, especially if SJ took the team to A this year, TMM to B, if SJ can bring us to C or back to A this week

Stacy seems to indicate it’s about integrating SJ into the team when he is 100%, while SJ needs to have a look at his game

I really thought he would have been re-signed by now...

Is there something behind the scenes? An unders deal? Or could the club be thinking it's time to pull a Wally Lewis?

Reactions: CWC
I really thought he would have been re-signed by now...

Is there something behind the scenes? An unders deal? Or could the club be thinking it's time to pull a Wally Lewis?
I think it's more a case of SJ seeing how his body holds up through to the back end of the season. Often that's the deciding factor. I know my sporting life was decided by that despite the desire to play on.

Back