General Warriors Junior Pathways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree

This is where NZ2 would be a godsend, you could play your Jr squads off against eachother in series to help fill the gap between the Aussie comps and our rep tourneys.

MIght make sense to shift the timimg of the SJ/Dean Bell comps now too?
Isn't that comp to help identify players for our pathways?

Isn't that comp to help identify players for our pathways?

Initially, but it just seems like another NRL free for all with the players already signed to other clubs in it.

MIght as well move it to before Xmas to let our Matts and younger Ball contracted kids have a decent level of footy in the Dean Bell cup before their seasons in the Aussie comps in the new year.

By Dean Bell cup age all the best talent should already be signed up anyway, so it's effectiveness as a purely talent ID comp is probably neglible.

Siale Pahulu in the Harold matts side. Unsure how we got him. First saw him play on the wing for St Kent’s first 15.He was only just starting his 4th form year.
He's a gun athletics kid. Won all the throws and sprints events at the Auckland Intermediate schools athletics champs but hasn't done athletics since that I know of. He's been in the Kents 1st 15 squad since year 9 and played all year on wing for them from year 10. He'll be year 12 now so is 16 turning 17. I'm surprised Kents let him play Matts tbh.

The Matts team is named somewhere but not published. Only one u16s boy in the team, playing off the bench. I think Bishop Neal is injured going by the fact that he's in a polo shirt in the group photo from the last in house trial otherwise I'd expect he'd be going too. The non travelling u16s boys will all slot into the SJ shield teams.

Yeah, I reckon he'll get some trial time and will play Cup with a sniff of 1st grade if he goes well. He'd be a difference maker for the Ball side though, they were going well last year until he was injured.
He'd be great to have in Ball, but it makes it a bloody long season for a young guy.

Depends where they play him, I think he's a winger at Cup level but the school had him at centre and 2nd 5 for 1st 15 I think.
I try to follow these young guys from a distance and I'm definitely no expert, but he's an out and out winger for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.