• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 14/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
To me that would be a weird signing. Surely that would mean

1 R T Sheck
2 D W Zelezniak
3 C N Klokstad
4 Ali Ali Leiataua
5 J A Carr

Of course! J A C!!!
[IMG alt="CrittaMagic69"]https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/data/avatars/m/20/20192.jpg?1711750255[/IMG]

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal​

Premium Member

Gilded
SC H2H Champion

2 x SC Draft Champ
Today at 11:02 PM
SEND HIM TO WARRIOR AND SIGN THAT YOUNG MONSTER

This is a post off bulldogs forum last night. Nothing post really, but presumably that young monster is Kosi? Could Montoya go to tigers and Kosi go to bulldogs for JAC? Bulldogs would certainly want something in return. Could DWZ have another club lined up? Only way we get JAC is that we’ve identified we really lack speed? Which we do

[IMG alt="CrittaMagic69"]https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/data/avatars/m/20/20192.jpg?1711750255[/IMG]

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal​

Premium Member

Gilded
SC H2H Champion

2 x SC Draft Champ
Today at 11:02 PM
SEND HIM TO WARRIOR AND SIGN THAT YOUNG MONSTER

This is a post off bulldogs forum last night. Nothing post really, but presumably that young monster is Kosi? Could Montoya go to tigers and Kosi go to bulldogs for JAC? Bulldogs would certainly want something in return. Could DWZ have another club lined up? Only way we get JAC is that we’ve identified we really lack speed? Which we do

Young monster would be Ali since they probably only watched our highlight reels, thus a hard NO

Missus was flying in from overseas and said Andrew Webster was at the Airport this morning (she would have been there around 9:30am) and said that he was there “with several other guys” she didn’t know. (She doesn’t really like NRL)

Welcome party for someone probably.

(She said they were “older white guys” definitely not players. I showed her photos of Cappy and Cam George and she didn’t really know)

Maybe it's our new defensive coach 🤣

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Missus was flying in from overseas and said Andrew Webster was at the Airport this morning (she would have been there around 9:30am) and said that he was there “with several other guys” she didn’t know. (She doesn’t really like NRL)

Welcome party for someone probably.

(She said they were “older white guys” definitely not players. I showed her photos of Cappy and Cam George and she didn’t really know)
Thought you would have taught your mrs better than that. Hope you’ve got it sorted for her to take a picture next time and take it home to you so you can identify them to us. Impressive she knew what Webster looked like all the same

Thought you would have taught your mrs better than that. Hope you’ve got it sorted for her to take a picture next time and take it home to you so you can identify them to us. Impressive she knew what Webster looked like all the same
Webby was a guest speaker at a dinner the missus went to for work. She was a guest of another business. (I wasn’t at there)

Hahaha I actually did say “why didn’t you take a photo”. To which she replied “I’m not bloody doing that”.

Then I proceeded to annoy her with photos of Cappy and CG. I got the “I don’t really care” shrugs and stuff. 🙄🤣

Interesting times - I personally don't believe the Fox would even entertain us but I'd love it if we signed him.

I feel that with a backline that has:
RTS
CNK
Berry
JAC
Ali
DWZ
Tauapiki
Pompey

We would have enough fire power, speed and x factor across the board to do some serious damage imo.
No idea who you'd start where, but with the amount of injuries we get each year you can guarantee that all of the above will have a good amount of game time.

I have a feeling DWZ is off at the end of nek year, so could work out alright for our young promising winger.

Also just realized the Fox is another 3 letter namer - JAC will fit in well after our recent loss of AFB haha

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Interesting times - I personally don't believe the Fox would even entertain us but I'd love it if we signed him.

I feel that with a backline that has:
RTS
CNK
Berry
JAC
Ali
DWZ
Tauapiki
Pompey

We would have enough fire power, speed and x factor across the board to do some serious damage imo.
No idea who you'd start where, but with the amount of injuries we get each year you can guarantee that all of the above will have a good amount of game time.

I have a feeling DWZ is off at the end of nek year, so could work out alright for our young promising winger.

Also just realized the Fox is another 3 letter namer - JAC will fit in well after our recent loss of AFB haha
I think a two year deal for Fox may be ok, depending on the cash. He will still have enough guile and pace to cross the line and is still only 29.

I don't like Addo Carr coming for a few reasons.

1 Hes been convicted for drugs and possibly fired from the dogs, why do we need to jump at him?

2 I would rather have a red hot crack at mulitalo!
Everyone has their ideas on who we should target but to be honest I am not sure who Cappy etc think we should get.
If we stay with who we have, next season will end up exactly the same as this year did.
I like others read this forum every day, hoping to find some interesting news. But all we find is the Bulldogs have signed this one. The Dragons that one. Not a word from the WARRIORS.
Kind of depressing.
Are us fans worth this. I think not. At least keep us a little in the loop.
Just my 2 cents worth.

I'd keep Montoya and Kosi over JAC any day, I'll be shocked if that happens.
We don't need much more change imo
We lost 2 games this season where we scored more tries them the other team but couldn't convert
Lost and drew another 3-4 games that we scored the same amount of tries but couldn't convert.
In some games our goal kicking rate was under 50%
I decent kicker should be our priority

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
We lost 2 games this season where we scored more tries them the other team but couldn't convert
Lost and drew another 3-4 games that we scored the same amount of tries but couldn't convert.
I hear you bro, but when was the last time we scored a 80m runaway try? Some teams score 5-10 a season. I think we are use to a very limited attack and we settle for it. A fast winger also gives his centre a little more space and room to attack at times too. If already got some real pace in those youngsters, great, but I would still be tempted to spend $8-850 on a two year deal ($400-425 per year). That money wouldn't do it.

Goal kicking is such a mentality thing and we know (confirmed by Stacey) that this season the team's mentality was affected by off-field stuff in some way... I don't know why you'd then try to fix an issue (speed) by adding the burnt ends of one of the year's biggest off-field scandals in the hope the sum is somehow nett positive... as you've said we weren't that far away from it being a decent showing rather than the shit one we got... i have a lot of faith in our coaching and management to have learnt some big lessons and that we'll be back stronger next season through canny recruiting, timely development, better preparation and man management ... JAC would be a step back and knee jerk all at once imo

apezza

Jaws​

Rumour going around that the Dogs are trying to make room to attempt to sign Ben Hunt for next season.
This is why they are really having a crack at trying to move on Addo-Carr. Said to be on 750k for next season.
Not sure if you should mention 'having a crack' and Bulldogs in the same sentence

JAC on $750k next season apparently. Wouldn’t be keen on picking that up unless the bulldogs are contributing. We do seem to like bulldogs wingers

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back