• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
Is he the next Bunty Afoa?
At the risk of igniting the very vocal non Bunty fans (which i get for the non existent yardage game) but i actually thought his strong defence couldve come in handy at times this season.........thought a lot of our defensive issues this year stemmed from not being able to control the ruck, Bunty's strength in the wrestle is a tad under valued and couldve helped in this regard.

NZWarriors.com
In regards to Tom ale, I think webby just needs to let him play,( minutes and no restrictions to how he plays).

A couple years back, when he was playing for Redcliffe he was killing it and he had crazy footwork, and would offload at will. there was this one clip where he stepped like 4 dudes in one run with rts type footwork( couldn’t find it)

But ye definitely worth keeping, just needs opportunity

In regards to Tom ale, I think webby just needs to let him play,( minutes and no restrictions to how he plays).

A couple years back, when he was playing for Redcliffe he was killing it and he had crazy footwork, and would offload at will. there was this one clip where he stepped like 4 dudes in one run with rts type footwork( couldn’t find it)

But ye definitely worth keeping, just needs opportunity
Thought we saw glimpses against the Dolphins.

Barely played again the rest of the season.

Puzzling

I think Lussick was probably our most improved player this season, he desrves his starting spot woth Egan as impact.

Forwards seem set, interestong to see Tohu's role.

Another Half, a 7 needs to be signed.

Logjam at Centre, Ali has earned a starters role imo. I would lean towards Pompey on the Bench as Utility, can also heve a stint as 2nd Row.

Wings, if true about Montoya, DWZ RTS. See how guys like MGT, Tu and Pasikala go through pre season.

FB, I go TT.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
It's a consolation for Ale but he's overtaken Afoa for sure

Seems crazy to not get a regular bench spot when Walker's starting regularly.

Like 10m per run for 20-30min per game, with footwork and ability to offload, limited errors, as the fruit of 2023 development

Then he gets dropped to Cup half the time after the Dolphin's epic.

What more do they want eh, a hyphenated name? Tom Ale-Ale

Last edited:
Quite big for a hooker, quick with a good running game. Has a left foot kick and strong defender. Has scored 8 or 9 tries in cup this year. I know there is a video of him on you tube. Not happy if true as I would have kept him as back up to Brailey so don't know what the thought process is there from the Sharks. Just thought you guys may have heard something.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Quite big for a hooker, quick with a good running game. Has a left foot kick and strong defender. Has scored 8 or 9 tries in cup this year. I know there is a video of him on you tube. Not happy if true as I would have kept him as back up to Brailey so don't know what the thought process is there from the Sharks. Just thought you guys may have heard something.
Is he a straight out hooker, or has he spent time in the halves like his Dad? Looks to be nippy around the ruck

Sounds like we've pretty much heard the same as you. We're all in wait and see mode.

Makes sense though considering Brailey has played close to 80 minutes every week for you.

Not many players want to be purely injury cover.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Is his dad Mitch Healy?
Yeah. Good pedigree. I think this might be a recognition that Egan can’t get through 80 and they’d like something with a bit more than what Lussick can off the bench? Could be a really good player with Egan passing on his deception skills around dummy half, he’s quick this guy. Wouldn’t expect to hear too much until the sharks season is done. Hope it’s true

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back