• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
If Afoa is not going to play much first grade then he will be playing NSW cup and maybe they view a NSW cup spot is valuable as they have guys coming out of Flegg too old to go around again in Flegg.
Fair! It should be a development team really. Sprinkled with those who can't make the first team. And not 120+ game veterans.

NZWarriors.com
Tohu at 80% is better than Ale, Sifakula, Bunty, Zyon Maiu’u, Jazz, ford, Niukore, even in 2025. He was banged up, to the point where he’d realised he needed to pull pin & get tidy up surgery. This man will go down as one of the best warriors & kiwi. People have such short memories, it’s mind blowing.

He’s getting older & as a result his minutes will diminish, like any other player who’s played in the middle in the nrl for any length of time.

He’s a starter for us in 2025. I think he’ll be in the middle with Fish, Barnett on an edge to then come into the middle rotation.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Bloody hell, some members talk as if Tohu Harris has just completely fallen off a cliff. Is he the player he once was? Frankly, no.

In my defense, I speak VERY hyperbolically. I'm also on the ass end of a proper rough flu.

I would point out the visible difference to our attack (the one that bet the Panthers...etc) when we bought him back from injury.

As I said, I have move for the dude. He just didn't bounce back, like he did last year.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Fuck me. Are we going to get a puff piece from every player that leaves the club?

First Curran, now Jazz?

Bet the Storm doesnt have to put up with this shit.

CBF linking to it, but the club put pictures from their awards night on instagram and along with jazz and afb holding framed photos is RTS doing the same. He gone?

Or just acknowledging his 200 game milestone?

Fuck me. Are we going to get a puff piece from every player that leaves the club?

First Curran, now Jazz?

Bet the Storm doesnt have to put up with this shit.

This interview was from a long time ago. I think it was prior to his last home game. I thought it was honest without burning bridges, or coming across as a victim.

Gotta love modern journalism though. Make sense of this:

Uncontracted at the moment, Tevaga revealed that he has found a new NRL team for the 2025 season, meaning he won't move overseas to play in the Super League or switch codes to rugby union.

At this stage, no club has yet to confirm an interest in his services, but he has been linked with a potential move to the Manly Sea Eagles to play under Anthony Seibold.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
In my defense, I speak VERY hyperbolically. I'm also on the ass end of a proper rough flu.

I would point out the visible difference to our attack (the one that bet the Panthers...etc) when we bought him back from injury.

As I said, I have move for the dude. He just didn't bounce back, like he did last year.
He didn't come back from injury though. In fact, he was still injured and it had gotten worse. They shouldn't have played him at all let alone 'brought him back from injury' He should've had an op at the end of '23 and this year could've been a different story.
Anyway, 2025. Looking forward to a fit and firing Tohu...yes, even at 33, (jwh & jesse b. and a few others older than him say hello! ).
Reduced minutes probably, out wide sometimes, putting those young fellas in space, defending his a*** off & mixing it with Egan & co. in the middle on occasion.
If he can't, he's the type to call it.

He didn't come back from injury though. In fact, he was still injured and it had gotten worse. They shouldn't have played him at all let alone 'brought him back from injury' He should've had an op at the end of '23 and this year could've been a different story.

Then why'd he come back? The players get a pretty big say in whether or not they're ready, after all they're the ones with the injury..

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back