• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
Agreed. He played exceptionally better at 80 minutes. Brothers a straight up line bender, can't be expecting him to be a part of the fancy plays.

It's all square peg, round hole type stuff.
Because people are desperate to keep certain players based on feels. Meanwhile Storm are fucking off their ex-captain at aged 30.... (the team that also got rid off Tohu at 28, the bloke people are desperate to keep at 33)

NZWarriors.com
Depends who’s available. I think our young second rowers are far enough to be adequate cover on an edge, so to me Ford primarily prop that can cover second row at if needed. He’s likely to see first grade if injuries occur next year, or at best bench spot? I think if he was offered something better, the club wouldn’t stand in his way
Unpopular opinion, he's a better starting prop than Barnett.

Because people are desperate to keep certain players based on feels. Meanwhile Storm are fucking off their ex-captain at aged 30.... (the team that also got rid off Tohu at 28, the bloke people are desperate to keep at 33)

I just don't see the point of putting players in roles that they don't excel in. You're always going to be disappointed because they won't do what you need that role to do.

Pretty simple really.

Fully agree. I love players like Tohu, but this a professional sport. There no room for players that can't perform.

Besides, we have JFH coming in. You wanna talk Mana, he's sitting on the mana throne at the minute. I've never seen a club more gutted to lose a player than the riff have been with him.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Fords a good player, but that’s a stretch to say he offers more than a guy who’s just been picked to represent nsw and picked up the clubs top player award this season
the key there is STARTING. Hes not a better prop, nor a better player. Barney is one of the few guys we have that can provide individual impact

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
the key there is STARTING. Hes not a better prop, nor a better player. Barney is one of the few guys we have that can provide individual impact
Ford - 3 games starting at prop, averages of: 61 mins, 34.3 tackles and 146.3m. Pretty good.
Barnett - 15 games starting at prop, averages of: 63.3 mins, 33.7 tackles and 158.1m. Maybe slightly ahead (statistically). Doesn't take into account Barnetts moves to other positions during the game.

Barney averaged 0.4 errors compared to Fords 1.0 a game, 2.3 MT compared to 2.7.

Ford - 3 games starting at prop, averages of: 61 mins, 34.3 tackles and 146.3m. Pretty good.
Barnett - 15 games starting at prop, averages of: 63.3 mins, 33.7 tackles and 158.1m. Maybe slightly ahead (statistically). Doesn't take into account Barnetts moves to other positions during the game.

Barney averaged 0.4 errors compared to Fords 1.0 a game, 2.3 MT compared to 2.7.
Again, I never said Ford was a better prop. He's a better STARTING prop. He can play 80 in case of an injury, has different body type and despite what people think, impact off the bench is important. Of which he provides ZERO.

Barnet is the only senior player we have that can provide that impact and hes the only senior player that needs to have his minutes managed.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Again, I never said Ford was a better prop. He's a better STARTING prop. He can play 80 in case of an injury, has different body type and despite what people think, impact off the bench is important. Of which he provides ZERO.

Barnet is the only senior player we have that can provide that impact and hes the only senior player that needs to have his minutes managed.
I never made a conclusion just presented some stats ;)

Bloody hell, some members talk as if Tohu Harris has just completely fallen off a cliff. Is he the player he once was? Frankly, no.

Still averaged (according to league live app). 132m and a 95% tackle efficiency. Plus the ball skills will always be there. Hopefully the surgery and a long off season helps him out.

Btw, Melbourne did not “get rid” of Tohu, at all. He was a priority resigning for them. I follow Melbourne and have relatives that live there that are hardcore fans of them ( I’ve been there many times). They were absolutely gutted when he left there, bordering on devastated.
We just offered him more money (he was on close to a milli in the end) and the pull of home. And apparently he got along really well with Stephen Kearney.

Bloody hell, some members talk as if Tohu Harris has just completely fallen off a cliff. Is he the player he once was? Frankly, no.

Still averaged (according to league live app). 132m and a 95% tackle efficiency. Plus the ball skills will always be there. Hopefully the surgery and a long off season helps him out.

Btw, Melbourne did not “get rid” of Tohu, at all. He was a priority resigning for them. I follow Melbourne and have relatives that live there that are hardcore fans of them ( I’ve been there many times). They were absolutely gutted when he left there, bordering on devastated.
We just offered him more money (he was on close to a milli in the end) and the pull of home. And apparently he got along really well with Stephen Kearney.
I guess we are both hoping he returns to that form he showed at the start of this year rather than the end.

Where did you hear that Wrighty?
Watching him live at Titans certainly he s a better 13/prop than hooker
At hooker he is a little better than Jazz but not that hot
Hope Paul Roach gets a few games at hooker - he can spark attack
Egan will probably freshen up and come back revitalised after the off season

Props;
JFH, Barnett, Marata, Ale, Sifakula, Afoa, Maiúu
Locks;
Harris, Walker, Clark
Second Rowers;
Capewell, Ford, Halamisia, Laban

Real quick exercise, but basically our props/middles are stacked number wise. Barnett might play lock next year looking at it, and Ford perhaps front row.. If Harris is fit, I expect him to be starting at lock or prop, him and Barnett will do a similar job. I think everyone here has forgotten about Tohu's ball playing, I wouldn't write him off. There is a lot of combo options available, but if everyone is on the park at the start of the season our pack is pretty easy to pick except for Capewell's opposite second rower.

JFH
Egan
Barnett
Capewell
Laban/Halamasia (I think we really need some youth in the pack, really hope one of these guys steps up)
Harris

Clark
Walker
Ford
Niukore

Sifakula/Ale/Afoa/Zion

Is Afoa getting much game time? Probably not. Is he on much money? Don't think so. I don't think there is any point in letting him go unless we really need his roster spot for another position, and have a signing lined up.
If Afoa is not going to play much first grade then he will be playing NSW cup and maybe they view a NSW cup spot is valuable as they have guys coming out of Flegg too old to go around again in Flegg.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back