28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka HalasimaDD
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-D
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Sum1’s mentioned this earlier but we should package AFB into a brownie box & dangle it in front of the shark’s HQ…

Trade him out now with a player swap & put sum minutes into our existing squad with an eye for nxt yr….

Use the cards we got now!!!!

AFB for Hunt with a no play against us clause deal, we need to con them now 🤣

Regarding TPJ I don't think you should be able to "retire" then sign for another team the next year. Seems like a huge loop hole for anyone who wants out of their club. Maybe Ben Hunt can learn from this.
Wasn't the story at the time he was pushed out and half his salary was paid for or something. I do remember everyone commenting that how ever it played out looked very fishy from the outside. These posts may need to be moved to general recruitment.

Although AFB will be a massive loss, he is not a pack leader and definitely does not have the same mana and presence on the field that JFH has both on and off the field.

While AFB has silky late footwork and can make metres at ease when he wants to, JFH will be consistent, hard running and tackles.

A JFH and Barnett leadership up front for the pack next year will unlikely see us get dominated physically like the game on the weekend - instilling that culture within our upcoming rookie pack will be massive for our culture

I wouldn't mind dropping AFB for a few games and see what happens anyway, Afoa and young kids coming through with enthusiasm and energy instead of the "meh" celebrations and zombie or WTF looks the seniors bring back

Notice how the expression on Barney's face was either determined, or shocked happy? That probably feed off well in the team

PS Roger has that "man I f***ed up again" face I don't blame him for not getting unlocked outside the FB position

Noitall tah-dah. Warriors CEO Cameron George has shot down speculation the club is circling Eels playmaker Dylan Brown while confirming veteran halfback Shaun Johnson won’t be pressured into retirement.
In a revealing interview, the Warriors boss has also clarified the club’s position on departing power forward Addin Fonua-Blake.

The Warriors have slipped to 13th position on the NRL ladder following their shocking 66-6 loss to the Titans last weekend. With just six wins and a leaky 359-points conceded, the Warriors have gone from premiership-contenders to pretenders in the eyes of many commentators and critics.

The disappointment of the Warriors form is matched only by rival fans, who have adopted the New Zealand side as their second team following a stellar past 18-months that has lit a fire across the Tasman for rugby league with record crowds and TV ratings accrued.

In a bid to address the club’s biggest issues, George spoke to The Daily Telegraph, ahead of the Warriors sold-out clash with the Broncos at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

SJ

Johnson, 33, has been ruled out for the next four weeks with an Achilles injury.

Extraordinarily, Johnson is without a contract for a 15th season in 2025, just two months after knocking back an $1.7 million offer from the Roosters.

The Warriors have left a one-year deal on the table for Johnson, of which he is yet to accept.

“At the end of the day, it’s left with Shaun to determine, as it has been all year,” George said of Johnson’s future.

Images
“Any injury is obviously ill-timed, but he’ll be back and so we’ll rely on Shaun to come to us and give us that answer.

“When that is, I’m not 100 per cent sure.

”We’re not actively out there chasing anyone in the thought that Shaun might not be here next year.

“So it’s not like it’s a decision that we need made in respect to us to be able to fill his shoes.

”We’ve got a number of players here that can play that role.

“It would be a different story no doubt if we needed to be in the market for a replacement, but we don’t so it gives him whatever time he needs.”

DYLAN BROWN

The cover in the Warriors halves of which George refers to includes Te Maire Martin, Chanel Harris-Tavita and Luke Metcalf. That said, the rugby league rumour mill has been buzzing that the Warriors were aiming to land Kiwi International and Eels star Brown as their replacement for Johnson.

“Categorically there has been no discussion or approach with Dylan Brown and or his management,” George said.

“Like you, I’ve heard it. But definitely nothing is happening in that regard.”

UPSET ADDIN

Fonua-Blake has been singled out for his five-runs for 46-meters performance against the Titans.

The highly-regarded enforcer was nowhere near his best, with the effort coming in the wake of being stood down for failing to buy into the team’s culture last month.

It has been suggested by commentators that Fonua-Blake has “clocked off” ever since signing a four-year deal with the Sharks from 2025 and that he was looking to leave the club prior to the end of this season.

“Addin like everyone else on the weekend is very disappointed,” George said.

“But there is no discussion and no other signals that would concern me about his interest in staying here.

“His agent, or Addin hasn’t approached the club on that basis either.

“In my view Addin is committed and like everyone else wants to bounce back this week and get the job done.”

FINALS

The Warriors CEO said the entire playing group were made to review the Titans hammering the morning after the match last Sunday before regrouping on Tuesday.

He said finals football remained the club’s intent.

“It’s clear we haven’t got the wins that we have wanted too,” George said.

“While the wheels fell off on the weekend, I have just come from a team meeting today and everyone has a very positive outlook on bouncing back this week.

“That all starts at training.

“We’ve got to get it right. We’re hungry, we’ve got an appetite to be much better and I believe in every single one of them that we will get better.

“100 per cent we can play finals footy and there wouldn’t be anyone here that doesn’t have that motivation.”

Noitall tah-dah. Warriors CEO Cameron George has shot down speculation the club is circling Eels playmaker Dylan Brown while confirming veteran halfback Shaun Johnson won’t be pressured into retirement.
In a revealing interview, the Warriors boss has also clarified the club’s position on departing power forward Addin Fonua-Blake.

The Warriors have slipped to 13th position on the NRL ladder following their shocking 66-6 loss to the Titans last weekend. With just six wins and a leaky 359-points conceded, the Warriors have gone from premiership-contenders to pretenders in the eyes of many commentators and critics.

The disappointment of the Warriors form is matched only by rival fans, who have adopted the New Zealand side as their second team following a stellar past 18-months that has lit a fire across the Tasman for rugby league with record crowds and TV ratings accrued.

In a bid to address the club’s biggest issues, George spoke to The Daily Telegraph, ahead of the Warriors sold-out clash with the Broncos at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

SJ

Johnson, 33, has been ruled out for the next four weeks with an Achilles injury.

Extraordinarily, Johnson is without a contract for a 15th season in 2025, just two months after knocking back an $1.7 million offer from the Roosters.

The Warriors have left a one-year deal on the table for Johnson, of which he is yet to accept.

“At the end of the day, it’s left with Shaun to determine, as it has been all year,” George said of Johnson’s future.

Images
“Any injury is obviously ill-timed, but he’ll be back and so we’ll rely on Shaun to come to us and give us that answer.

”We’re not actively out there chasing anyone in the thought that Shaun might not be here next year.

“So it’s not like it’s a decision that we need made in respect to us to be able to fill his shoes.

“It would be a different story no doubt if we needed to be in the market for a replacement, but we don’t so it gives him whatever time he needs.”

DYLAN BROWN

The cover in the Warriors halves of which George refers to includes Te Maire Martin, Chanel Harris-Tavita and Luke Metcalf. That said, the rugby league rumour mill has been buzzing that the Warriors were aiming to land Kiwi International and Eels star Brown as their replacement for Johnson.

“Categorically there has been no discussion or approach with Dylan Brown and or his management,” George said.

UPSET ADDIN

Fonua-Blake has been singled out for his five-runs for 46-meters performance against the Titans.

The highly-regarded enforcer was nowhere near his best, with the effort coming in the wake of being stood down for failing to buy into the team’s culture last month.

It has been suggested by commentators that Fonua-Blake has “clocked off” ever since signing a four-year deal with the Sharks from 2025 and that he was looking to leave the club prior to the end of this season.

“But there is no discussion and no other signals that would concern me about his interest in staying here.

“In my view Addin is committed and like everyone else wants to bounce back this week and get the job done.”

FINALS

The Warriors CEO said the entire playing group were made to review the Titans hammering the morning after the match last Sunday before regrouping on Tuesday.

“While the wheels fell off on the weekend, I have just come from a team meeting today and everyone has a very positive outlook on bouncing back this week.

“We’ve got to get it right. We’re hungry, we’ve got an appetite to be much better and I believe in every single one of them that we will get better.

“100 per cent we can play finals footy and there wouldn’t be anyone here that doesn’t have that motivation.”
so nothing new, ta!

Woof so he confirmed they forced the players to rewatch the Titans game on Sunday, confirms Shaun is not re-signed, confirms he’s aware of the Dylan Brown stuff, confirms there is outside noise about Addin

You’ve got to read George upside down, denying stuff out of the blue, smoke getting a bit big

SJ

Images

DYLAN BROWN

UPSET ADDIN

FINALS

Blah blah blah. Release toxic AFB & blood the young fellas. From what I’ve seen since he’s signed elsewhere is a sooky teenager who didn’t get their way.

June 30 is fast approaching, and there’s still time to cut off the dead wood. For all the talent this man has, no one is above the team. It’s better to cut ties now, take the loss on the chin & move forward as a club.

Im not prepared to write the season off entirely, but I dont think keeping someone like afb strengthens our squad anymore, as crazy as that sounds. Talent is one thing, but character, effort & leadership is far more important and currently, AFB has none of those traits. Thanks for your services.

How bout swop RTS wit Tofu??Cos he ain’t a centre & most definitely not a wing either right now….
But can b more involved with set up & hands on midfield stuff….
Mofo can dackle so between captain T or RTSlow….who would give us best service????

Coaches need to check themselves…..please!!!!
Jus opinion for debate famz

How bout swop RTS wit Tofu??Cos he ain’t a centre & most definitely not a wing either right now….
But can b more involved with set up & hands on midfield stuff….
Mofo can dackle so between captain T or RTSlow….who would give us best service????

Coaches need to check themselves…..please!!!!
Jus opinion for debate famz
I see your sarcasm and cynicism - team selection by coach is now starting to affect supporters negatively.

Back