• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
How bout swop RTS wit Tofu??Cos he ain’t a centre & most definitely not a wing either right now….
But can b more involved with set up & hands on midfield stuff….
Mofo can dackle so between captain T or RTSlow….who would give us best service????

Coaches need to check themselves…..please!!!!
Jus opinion for debate famz
It sounds crazy, but the RTS big contract over the next few years demands some big exploration. The centre thing isn’t working, he is not fast enough for wing. He has the power, footwork and ball skills to be problem in the middle. It’s just how do we convert him. Can he tackle well enough? Two years of blocking some potential dynamic centres for big dollars isn’t worth it.

NZWarriors.com
It sounds crazy, but the RTS big contract over the next few years demands some big exploration. The centre thing isn’t working, he is not fast enough for wing. He has the power, footwork and ball skills to be problem in the middle. It’s just how do we convert him. Can he tackle well enough? Two years of blocking some potential dynamic centres for big dollars isn’t worth it.
I'm not onboard with the middle thing but completely agree around the contract length and amount, and blocking of our centres coming through.

My feeling is, that regardless of pay packet, we should be picking the best player for the position. At centre I think we have better options, at fullback we have better options and in the forwards we have better options. The wing we could debate - he is probably a consideration there.

I just feel he has been a knee jerk reactionary signing and is too old to be learning new tricks. If he doesn't have a break out game in the next two or three games I don't think he ever will at centre.

I'm not onboard with the middle thing but completely agree around the contract length and amount, and blocking of our centres coming through.

My feeling is, that regardless of pay packet, we should be picking the best player for the position. At centre I think we have better options, at fullback we have better options and in the forwards we have better options. The wing we could debate - he is probably a consideration there.

I just feel he has been a knee jerk reactionary signing and is too old to be learning new tricks. If he doesn't have a break out game in the next two or three games I don't think he ever will at centre.
"we should be picking the best player for the position"

Agree entirely. Remember when RTS had a game at fullback? He was gold. And CNK at 6? Huge effort, defensive strength, backing up, darts through the line...... just sayin ;)

RTS (and plenty of others) had a bad game last week. And while I agree he's not setting the world on fire let's not bin him, and look at the best player for best position a bit more broadly than just him.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
"we should be picking the best player for the position"

Agree entirely. Remember when RTS had a game at fullback? He was gold. And CNK at 6? Huge effort, defensive strength, backing up, darts through the line...... just sayin ;)

RTS (and plenty of others) had a bad game last week. And while I agree he's not setting the world on fire let's not bin him, and look at the best player for best position a bit more broadly than just him.
This is where the debate will kick in. For me CNK and Tuaupiki provides more at fullback than RTS. CNK had a good game at 6 (small sample size and there were some poor things he did that were glossed over in that game) but I think CHT provides more there.

I think everyone can see he isn't looking overly comfortable at centre and it will be interesting to see how long the experiment continues.

Not only is RTS contract a concern but also Kurt Capewell
Yeah, I'm a little on the fence currently with Capewell. We haven't seen his best yet due to picking up that injury early in the season (game one I think?)

I am worried about what he will be like in year three of his contract with us

He has been picked for Qld Origin so its a bit premature to write him off at a struggling Warriors.

Last edited:

I can agree with not going middle. A bit of leftfield but highly unlikely. I agree, we don’t need him, we have sufficient centres at a 1/3 - 1/2 the price of his contract.
I love his work rate as a winger but surely he lacks the speed now.
I also think Capewell is a luxury but not worth what we would have spent to get him, especially since we got James Fisher Harris.
Options:
1) Let both RTS and Capewell go.
2) Keep RTS on the wing and let Capewell go and reinvest the money.

Big decisions, I get the experience thing but I feel we are out of balance.

Yeah, I'm a little on the fence currently with Capewell. We haven't seen his best yet due to picking up that injury early in the season (game one I think?)

I am worried about what he will be like in year three of his contract with us

Year 3 he'll evolve into Tofu Capewell

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
This is where the debate will kick in. For me CNK and Tuaupiki provides more at fullback than RTS. CNK had a good game at 6 (small sample size and there were some poor things he did that were glossed over in that game) but I think CHT provides more there.

I think everyone can see he isn't looking overly comfortable at centre and it will be interesting to see how long the experiment continues.

1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R Berry
4 A Leiataua
5 R T Sheck
6 C H Tavita / L Metcalf
7 S Johnson / T M Martin
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 J Ford
12 M Niukore
13 T Harris

14 D Walker
15 J Tavaga
16 B Afoa
17 K Capewell

This should be the team really.

I just feel he has been a knee jerk reactionary signing and is too old to be learning new tricks.
While this appears to be true, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Everyone was excited at RTS coming back. Everyone thought he would do well at centre.

The ‘to old to learn new tricks’ maybe true, but every fullback seems to be able to thrive at centre when called upon in internationals, SOO, etc.

I think it could possibly be that he’s regressed in his conditioning during his time in union and hasn’t been able to get back up to speed - age, injuries, different game skill sets and physical requirements, etc)

While this appears to be true, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Everyone was excited at RTS coming back. Everyone thought he would do well at centre.

The ‘to old to learn new tricks’ maybe true, but every fullback seems to be able to thrive at centre when called upon in internationals, SOO, etc.

I think it could possibly be that he’s regressed in his conditioning during his time in union and hasn’t been able to get back up to speed - age, injuries, different game skill sets and physical requirements, etc)
Fair points. Wonder how he'll go after a full season+off season.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I think RTS will be fine. It’s similar to what Valentine Holmes went through when he first came back from the NFL. Learning a new position. I think RTS will have a big season next year
Difference is, Valentine was only 25/26 when he came back. And super fast already. Rts is now 31 with a suss hammy. I hope he cracks it again! He is one of the good guys of the NRL.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back