28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka HalasimaDD
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-D
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
The Base Salary Cap for 2024 is $11.25 million for the 30 highest remunerated players at each club plus up to $0.3 million Veteran and Developed Player allowance and a $0.1 million Motor Vehicle allowance.
How much of our base salary did we spend in 2024?

The Base Salary Cap for 2024 is $11.25 million for the 30 highest remunerated players at each club plus up to $0.3 million Veteran and Developed Player allowance and a $0.1 million Motor Vehicle allowance.
Isn't it interesting how the Roosters should only have $280,000 left in their salary cap ($11.25 million x 2.5%) yet can have players transferred to them mid-season with offers over that. And no one in the NRL seems to blink an eye!!!

Isn't it interesting how the Roosters should only have $280,000 left in their salary cap ($11.25 million x 2.5%) yet can have players transferred to them mid-season with offers over that. And no one in the NRL seems to blink an eye!!!
Yeah I guess if you only have 29 of your top 30 signed up before June 30 then you can hold back some cash for the open spot.
What amazes me is that a Roosters guy can earn $8 million in his career but somehow end up with a property portfolio worth twice that by the end of his career. That’s where the salary cap can be massively manipulated by guys like Politis

I think you need to have that portion of cap allocated by June 30, along with your top 30 of contracted players. I think we have 1 spot open still, unless I missed something (perhaps Laban was upgraded or something).

Our friend s on NRL 360 were discussing Mr Moses last night.
They mentioned a number of coaches who wont employ any Moses players
Ricky Stuart was one and a couple of others, didnt mention NZW -I think we dont either.
Allegedly (see that) Moses is causing issues at West Tigers again as per our friends at NRL 360
If the salary cap is to work as intended under absoluety no circumstances should players at a struggling club be agitating for a release to be with a more successful one. The comp is supposed to give all clubs a good shot with cyclic movements up and down the ladder. If the Tigers were to get a decade of wooden spoons how boring would that be? They have every right to hold on to who they've signed.

If the salary cap is to work as intended under absoluety no circumstances should players at a struggling club be agitating for a release to be with a more successful one. The comp is supposed to give all clubs a good shot with cyclic movements up and down the ladder. If the Tigers were to get a decade of wooden spoons how boring would that be? They have every right to hold on to who they've signed.

Wonder if they could do what MLB (baseball) does ie 31/07 is their deadline for mid-season trades, top teams in contention for championships would offer players or priority draft picks to lesser teams so they are not dis-advanged, they also have the draft system where the worst teams get to pick the best juniors first each year

Like Caitlin Clark picked by the bottom WNBA team and their team's ticket sales quadrupled to the top of the league lol

We currently have 2 spots left. We always seem to only have 28 signed and 2 open. That is with Laban on the top 30.

So we'll need to sign a few more prior to the 30th? I hope there's some kind of outside the box play for someone in the nek 2 weeks, or if we just upgrade a few of the rookies.

How much of our base salary did we spend in 2024?
No idea. But with a talented bunch coming through the 💙 Mighty NSW cup side you can understand why there is not a lot left to offer guys like Jazz. With an experienced core in Capewell, Harris, Barnett, Niukore, Walker, Ford and JFH around next year, there will need to be money and spots available in the top 30 for the younger guys coming through. Those younger guys pushing through into the top 30 then frees up the development deals for more of the talented juniors to be kept from the clutches of the Oz clubs

Back