28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka HalasimaDD
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-D
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Don't release him under any circumstances IMO. Exception being we get JFH early which isn't happening because why TF would the Panthers do that. If he needs a few weeks off to go see his family and recover from injury, fine, but that's the absolute max we should do.
Unfortunately, that’s almost a sure fire way of letting the rot grow in the club. Forcing someone who’s asked (allegedly) for multiple releases.

Don't release him under any circumstances IMO. The exception is we get JFH early which isn't happening because why TF would the Panthers do that? If he needs a few weeks off to go see his family and recover from injury, fine, but that's the absolute max we should do.

I agree. The club would do anything for a player if it came down to family. If he needs to be with family then go and take some time.

If the rumor of a release is accurate then the club will have to consider its options, but there is no reason why AFB should be allowed to play for the Sharks in season 2024. The club has endured plenty of exodus on compassionate grounds in such a short period of time. Whatever happened to 'gardening leave'? AFB wanted out early from his contract and his wish was granted.

Now if his reason to want an early exit is purely to do with the seriousness of his family members condition, then give him the option to take extended time away. If it is an out and out release to be gone for good, then a clause of 'gardening leave' be stipulated, where AFB does not play for the Sharks main squad until the 2025 season.

It means that the Warriors don't need to request for a swap deal either. As this is a genuine family situation for the original release from the club, I don't see how it is fair to allow a player to continue playing out the remainder of the year for his new club. At best, allow the player to feature in the reserve grade for the purpose of remaining fit and active.

Last edited:
I agree. The club would do anything for a player if it came down to family. If he needs to be with family then go and take some time.

If the rumor of a release is accurate then the club will have to consider its options, but there is no reason why AFB should be allowed to play for the Sharks in season 2024. The club has endured plenty of exodus on compassionate grounds in such a short period of time. Whatever happened to 'gardening leave'? AFB wanted out early from his contract and his wish was granted.

Now if his reason to want an early exit is purely to do with the seriousness of his family members condition, then give him the option to take extended time away. If it is an out and out release to be gone for good, then a clause of 'gardening leave' be stipulated, where AFB does not play for the Sharks main squad until the 2025 season.

It means that the Warriors don't need to request for a swap deal either. As this is a genuine family situation for the original release from the club, I don't see how it is fair to allow a player to continue playing out the remainder of the year for his new club. At best, allow the player to feature in the reserve grade for the purpose of remaining fit and active.

Thats certainly one way to get the rest of the league to be upset at the Warriors - causing everyone to miss out on AFB for a whole half a year.

Even tho he's contracted to us, and we've released him early I reckon most would give us a load of shit.

It's actually a massive no win for us - either let him go and get nothing (or nothing that makes up for his loss).
Or gardening leave where we STILL pay him and he doesn't play.

Sheesh, were screwed either way. I hope it's just a beat up and this isn't happening.

Also, a bit out of left field....maybe we ask for a loan of Oregon Kaufusi to get the AFB trade over the line and then pay Ice 300k of AFBs refund for this year? Probably the best outcome I can think of

Thats certainly one way to get the rest of the league to be upset at the Warriors - causing everyone to miss out on AFB for a whole half a year.

Even tho he's contracted to us, and we've released him early I reckon most would give us a load of shit.

It's actually a massive no win for us - either let him go and get nothing (or nothing that makes up for his loss).
Or gardening leave where we STILL pay him and he doesn't play.

Sheesh, were screwed either way. I hope it's just a beat up and this isn't happening.

Also, a bit out of left field....maybe we ask for a loan of Oregon Kaufusi to get the AFB trade over the line and then pay Ice 300k of AFBs refund for this year? Probably the best outcome I can think of
Fuck the rest of the league, who cares what they think. We have been shafted by this shit so many times, he stays or like someone else said we release him but he can't play for the sharks the rest of the year.

IF the rumors are true I'd release him and use the cash to buy or loan players, only after that is organized and we get the best end of the deal

I don't see having a disgruntled employee not performing or putting him on garden leave and bleeding cash as a good result for the club, you get ego points and look tough, but it's just a Matt Lodge massive payout loss situation again.

In saying that I reckon AFB has been great so far this year, regardless if he wants out or not, so could just be Devlin talking crap

I watched him closely last year and posted many times that I hope he does not come back to the Warriors.

He is lazy and disinterested. The disinterested bit you can hope to change in a new environment, the lazy bit, is a thing I do not think the Warriors have ever fixed in a player that is taking short cuts in games.

Last year Papalii was hiding behind the marker in the Ruck, constantly parking himself at six O'clock and watching the play go left or right. Then worse still, he would go hide on the Wing to catch his breath.

He has degraded terribly. If he signed it would be interesting to watch fan opinion when all eyes become engaged like yours this year on his game.
Looks like Cleary the master coach disagrees with your player evaluations

Unfortunately, that’s almost a sure fire way of letting the rot grow in the club. Forcing someone who’s asked (allegedly) for multiple releases.
Storm wouldn't let him go, and they're the most consistently successful club of the last two decades. They probably wouldn't have even let him go next year unless they'd already had the JFH signature tbh.

AFB has been our best player until the Penrith game. I'd be asking him to maintain that level of professionalism. If he needs a month off mid season to spend some time with his family that is fine, but just abandoning us mid season is a firm no. Worst case he can sit on the sidelines. There's zero benefit in it for us, we can't just buy players for the last half of the season in the NRL.

I know the club will do their best, really I'm just desperate for it not to be true.

Last edited:
Looks like Cleary the master coach disagrees with your player evaluations

He will go well in an already thriving forward pack off top play makers in the comp.

Cleary will get commitment too.

I doubt the Warriors are as club (yet) to inspire guys like him.

As such, from my pov, I definitely want to see what our NSW cup boys can do before committing to a project.

On AFB

1. Don’t really believe it - he’s been our best player this year, one game doesn’t change that.

2. Would rather pay him to sit on the sidelines than play for the sharks, or base himself in sydney and FIFO to mt smart, skip training at times.

Anything that is not we let an extremely valuable player play for a direct competitor in exchange for a vastly inferior player and/or cap space that can only be used in 2024 and is largely useless.

Felt a bit sad since the Afb news that he will be leaving us. He's been my personal best ever signing. In saying that, If he wants to go and it looks like he does. Let him go. Not to a club. "Gardening leave" let him have his whanau time with dad for the rest of the year.

I'd rather he leave us on a good note. Knowing the club had his best interest at heart. And not a spiteful- You'll do what you're told and stay here.

I'm sure he loves the boy's & wah fans. And maybe, If he's not feeling it at the shire. He'll want to come back to us in the near future.

He will go well in an already thriving forward pack off top playmakers in the comp.

Cleary will get commitment too.

I doubt the Warriors are as club (yet) to inspire guys like him.
It’s funny, but we may not have the pull of the big characters of other clubs but what we seem to have over other clubs is our crazy, nutcase, awesome fans that create such an infectious environment that seems so inspiring. If the boys can win more than they lose, the faithful fans can have an impact on the club including recruitment etc more than we realise.

On AFB

1. Don’t really believe it - he’s been our best player this year, one game doesn’t change that.

2. Would rather pay him to sit on the sidelines than play for the sharks, or base himself in sydney and FIFO to mt smart, skip training at times.

Anything that is not we let an extremely valuable player play for a direct competitor in exchange for a vastly inferior player and/or cap space that can only be used in 2024 and is largely useless.
Agree

Unless we can spend his money elsewhere there is zero reason to release a top 3 prop to play against us

Was thinking about last year when AFB didn’t win the NZW POTY (which imo I thought him and SJ would’ve been co-winners) then he requested a release not long after…

I wonder whether Barnett being named as skipper this week and Egan last week made AFB unhappy being overlooked to captain and is a part of why he’s requesting an immediate release. Meh, I dunno 🤷‍♂️ Probably isn’t that deep 😂🤣

Yeah I totally get it for AFB if that’s the case.
But the Sharks don’t get to gain from it or any other club.
If he needs to go home then so be it, but only gets paid for half the season and he can’t play for anyone else this year.
Has he actually said he want's to go home due to family members health or is it just more baseless conjecture that gets parroted on here and suddenly becomes a fact

Felt a bit sad since the Afb news that he will be leaving us. He's been my personal best ever signing. In saying that, If he wants to go and it looks like he does. Let him go. Not to a club. "Gardening leave" let him have his whanau time with dad for the rest of the year.

I'd rather he leave us on a good note. Knowing the club had his best interest at heart. And not a spiteful- You'll do what you're told and stay here.

I'm sure he loves the boy's & wah fans. And maybe, If he's not feeling it at the shire. He'll want to come back to us in the near future.
... would your boss tell you 'I know we're letting you out of your fixed term contract early but you know what, we want you to leave halfway through this year.. and we'll keep paying you , it's ok son you do you".

come on man, he's a professional athlete and the club's a business not a social service.

btw I think it's rubbish anyway. He's been strong this year, putting in hard and I think Devlin's full of it.

Back