Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
The consensus before this year was Charnz was meh at centre

Now it's like Charnz is great at centre 🤣

Btw our form took a dive right after JFH's signing, weird timing
Feel like Leiataua is probably our best prospect of a strike centre we’ve got. Feels like there’s some
x factor about him, perhaps needs some time to come up to speed defensively? Actually think he could be a success at fullback or even five eighth but I think we should let him focus on becoming that strike centre we need and only shift him like yesterday when it’s injury forced. Would hate to see a Lolohea situation where he’s shifted around too much and doesn’t dominate in one position

Hope they implode 😆😆

”Angus Crichton not pulling any punches, claiming Roosters are yet to explain Fifita signing to him.Says he won't "sit behind" anyone, wants to play left-edge next year and is now considering options.Will he seek out Robinson to about future? "He knows where to find me

Chrichton not mixing his words

Probably because we didn't have RTS last year.
i dont think anyone would have preferred swapping RTS for CNK at FB based on last years form.

Lets face it fans are only contemplating this move because RTS has been a failure at centre so far, not because of his own play, but moreso based on how we play.

I cant see Webby giving up on this, and rightly so. Anyone made to play outside TMM would struggle. Also does anyone remember RTS linking into the backline? Nowhere near as good as CNK. Might as well just put a target on his back as opposition knows he wont pass to berry/dwz if he gets the ball of SJ. RTS will try. And his efforts are all individual based by being the prop we dont need, or trying to do the hero plays running away from everyone so he can sidestep a few. No diss on RTS i love him, but still yet to see how he fits into the TEAM based on how we play.

TLDR; Not sure why CNK has to be made the scapegoat for the coaches, gameplan and Rogers failings.

i dont think anyone would have preferred swapping RTS for CNK at FB based on last years form.

Lets face it fans are only contemplating this move because RTS has been a failure at centre so far, not because of his own play, but moreso based on how we play.

I cant see Webby giving up on this, and rightly so. Anyone made to play outside TMM would struggle. Also does anyone remember RTS linking into the backline? Nowhere near as good as CNK. Might as well just put a target on his back as opposition knows he wont pass to berry/dwz if he gets the ball of SJ. RTS will try. And his efforts are all individual based by being the prop we dont need, or trying to do the hero plays running away from everyone so he can sidestep a few. No diss on RTS i love him, but still yet to see how he fits into the TEAM based on how we play.

TLDR; Not sure why CNK has to be made the scapegoat for the coaches, gameplan and Rogers failings.
My thinking is swapping RTS and CNK would be a better fit for the team right now.
Your comment about tmm is on point and while he was not the only one responsible for the losses of late adds zero to our game plan.
Highlighted by Egan standing at dummy half waiting for him to catch up with the play.
And then he put in a reasonably good kick.
Sadly as he has ability but lacks confidence for mine.
For the doubters watch the replay about 4 minutes into the 2nd half.

Last edited:
We are prioritising now, clubs can start to do it! The Roosters and Melbourne have no juniors but have the money etc.
Excuse my ignorance but I've heard this statement about the Roosters elsewhere too.
They've got a team in Harold Matts onwards & the commentary often note the likes of Victor Radley as a Clovelly Crocodile so can you provide a bit more context please?

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance but I've heard this statement about the Roosters elsewhere too.
They've got a team in Harold Matts onwards & the commentary often note the likes of Victory Radley as a Clovelly Crocodile so can you provide a bit more context please?

It's about catchment area.

Ofcourse they can field junior teams and bring players through but their total pool of junior players is miniscule compared to other teams.

This was an article from SMH yesterday, look at the lengths they go to for junior talent.

I've caught flack for this before but my unpopular opinion is that RTS is nowhere near a top echelon full back. Never has been, never will be.

He is however one of the greatest effort players in the history of the game. He won a Dally M medal on effort a lone.

Effort is worth its weight in gold but top fullbacks attract defence and move the ball on, or are an attacking target themselves like Paps. RTS is neither of those. The second one not truly his fault, we have never used him well

Hope they implode 😆😆

”Angus Crichton not pulling any punches, claiming Roosters are yet to explain Fifita signing to him.Says he won't "sit behind" anyone, wants to play left-edge next year and is now considering options.Will he seek out Robinson to about future? "He knows where to find me

Chrichton not mixing his words
Have the Chooks played the Titans yet? That should be a doozy.

I've caught flack for this before but my unpopular opinion is that RTS is nowhere near a top echelon full back. Never has been, never will be.

He is however one of the greatest effort players in the history of the game. He won a Dally M medal on effort a lone.

Effort is worth its weight in gold but top fullbacks attract defence and move the ball on, or are an attacking target themselves like Paps. RTS is neither of those. The second one not truly his fault, we have never used him well
Damn this one hits hard because it’s true. And we have the benefit of hindsight to come to this conclusion.

Last edited:

Do you think he'd be a better right centre in place of Berry? Seem to remember him chiming in on the right for some good tries, he'd get more ball from SJ and use his left foot step and natural left to right passing. The whole thing's fucked up.