Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Ok we're obviously at a low point on the rollercoaster right now and not in any kind of premiership window, but on the bright side, looking ahead the club will look totally different in a couple of years with only one player signed for 2027, the Fish, and by then Webby will have signed a new squad that he can build his preferred gameplan around
I expect all these players to be gone by then:

Addin (gone already, Sharks to win the comp next year with their insane monster forward pack)
SJ
Te Maire
Tohu
Jazz
Walker
Bunty
Dalllin
Montoya
Kosi
Capewah
Roger
Lussick
Pomps

The new starting 13 is our window.

Last edited:
Ok we're obviously at a low point on the rollercoaster right now and not in any kind of premiership window,. But looking ahead on bright side the club will look totally different in a couple of years with only one player signed for 2027, the Fish, and by then Webby will have signed a new squad he can build his preferred gameplan around. I expect all these players to be gone:
Addin (gone already)
SJ
Te Maire
Tohu
Jazz
Walker
Bunty
Montoya
Kosi
Capewah
Roger
Lussick
Pomps

Chuck Dallin in as well.

1 R Berry
2 S Kali
3 A Leiataua
4 A Pompey
5 R Mulitalo 😂
6 L Metcalf
7 J Cleary
8 J F Harris
9 W Egan
10 G Neame
11 D Sifakula
12 J Laban
13 T Ale

14 C H Tavita
15 Z Zyon Maiu’u
16 L Halasima
17 E Ieremia
Dream a little bro, remeber it's the Webolution

2007:
1 CNK
2 Ronaldo
3 Mat Timoko
4 A Leiataua
5 Isaako
6 Hansen
7 J Hughes
8 J F Harris
9 W Egan
10 G Neame
11 Niukore
12 B Nikora
13 T Ale

14 C H Tavita
15 Z Zyon Maiu’u
16 Leo Thompson
17 J Tapine

Last edited:
2025 Team ( realistic signings)

Tuivasa-Sheck
Kali
Nicoll-Klokstad
Leiataua
Karapani
Metcalf
Johnson
Fisher-Harris
Egan
Oledski
Laban
Niukore
Barnett

Walker
Ale
Sifakula
Harris-Tavita

Yup. I think if you develop a kid from say age 15/16 and they play FG. Club should be able to have more salary cap, like the old Marquee signing.

However I can see the rich getting richer and get an unfair comp not too long. Not sure what the answer is.

It's the only way to do it. It'll force other teams to do better in that area.

Parramatta have about the same number of juniors as Penrith, but an obviously lesser system to identify and bring through talent. They would be forced to do better than Nathan Brown!

We are prioritising now, clubs can start to do it! The Roosters and Melbourne have no juniors but have the money etc. Plenty of clubs like Manly, Brisbane, NQL, Bulldogs, Dragons - most clubs have decent records of bringing juniors through.

Those that might struggle are the same suspects like Tigers and Sharks.

Think some sort of cap exemption for long service would also be valuable. I believe this is part of the Super League cap.

Ok we're obviously at a low point on the rollercoaster right now and not in any kind of premiership window, but on the bright side, looking ahead the club will look totally different in a couple of years with only one player signed for 2027, the Fish, and by then Webby will have signed a new squad that he can build his preferred gameplan around
I expect all these players to be gone by then:

Addin (gone already, Sharks to win the comp next year with their insane monster forward pack)
SJ
Te Maire
Tohu
Jazz
Walker
Bunty
Dalllin
Montoya
Kosi
Capewah
Roger
Lussick
Pomps

The way the Sharks are trending, then add AFB next year

GK77jLTboAANkr9.jpg

Bit of a rumour going around that Bennett is going to take Hamiso Tabuai Fidow with him to souths, could be where the Mariner rumour has come from that he’s going to dolphins next year? Had sounded like he was taking JMK, not sure if that’s still the rumour? Dragons are in talks with Averillo, who is in his first year at the dolphins, could be a bit happening over there?

Still wondering if there was any truth to us in talks with a prop from Sydney? Been thinking it’s gone very quiet on Utoikamanu
I hope so. Going to need someone else until our juniors are ready to go. Only way to replace what AFB is doing this season is to spread that work across a few more players. Problem is he plays big minutes for us too.

Next season we have JFH, Barnett, Niukore (assuming he is going to play in the middle), Bunty, Ale. Throw in Jazz, Tohu and Zyon Maiu’u. Just looks to me like we are definitely short a quality prop.

Our form over this season hasn't been much of a selling point for possibly recruitment targets either.

I hope so. Going to need someone else until our juniors are ready to go. Only way to replace what AFB is doing this season is to spread that work across a few more players. Problem is he plays big minutes for us too.

Next season we have JFH, Barnett, Niukore (assuming he is going to play in the middle), Bunty, Ale. Throw in Jazz, Tohu and Zyon Maiu’u. Just looks to me like we are definitely short a quality prop.

Our form over this season hasn't been much of a selling point for possibly recruitment targets either.
Part of me thinks Webby needs to go back to an old school rotation of a ton of middles playing 25 - 40 mins.