Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I hope so. Going to need someone else until our juniors are ready to go. Only way to replace what AFB is doing this season is to spread that work across a few more players. Problem is he plays big minutes for us too.

Next season we have JFH, Barnett, Niukore (assuming he is going to play in the middle), Bunty, Ale. Throw in Jazz, Tohu and Zyon Maiu’u. Just looks to me like we are definitely short a quality prop.

Our form over this season hasn't been much of a selling point for possibly recruitment targets either.
This makes it important that Zyon Maiu’u gets more FG time now. He has the potential from his first game just needs to be given the time. We usually only have a 3 man bench so carrying him should not really impact Websters rotation.

Last edited:
Bit of a rumour going around that Bennett is going to take Hamiso Tabuai Fidow with him to souths, could be where the Mariner rumour has come from that he’s going to dolphins next year? Had sounded like he was taking JMK, not sure if that’s still the rumour? Dragons are in talks with Averillo, who is in his first year at the dolphins, could be a bit happening over there?
I've seen the JMK one discussed. Tabuai Fidow is a new one.

It wouldn't surprise me with Bennett. He gets discussed as a nice guy if you know him. But he's all business and he tends to take a few players with him. It would be a Bennett move to get the Dolphins set up and take arguably their two best players. Definitely two they'd want to build their team around.

There was some discussion on NRL360 that Souths consulted Bennett on Demetriou. Most people after working with the guy to prepare him to take over would be supporting him. It sounded like Bennett was the other way. Sack him.................................By the way if you need someone I'm available.

I thought it was Jack Williams?
Gone a bit quiet on our pursuit? Sounds like dragons going are the main threat? Sharks want to hold onto him too. Hopefully Williams was on the Warriors radar before signing JFH, don’t think both would be warranted unless he plays second row only. Would love to see Laban come on as that big back rower that clubs are having success with

This makes it important the Zyon Maiu’u gets more FG time now. He has the potential from his first game just needs to be given the time. We usually only have a 3 man bench so carrying him should not really impact Websters rotation.
Yes, the step up from NSW cup is bigger than some think and takes a bit of getting used to - Ale is starting to show the benefit of this. Zyon Maiu’u and Laban in particular should be getting more opportunities this season. Hasn't been an ideal season injury wise and being able to slot players in. Would love to see a rotation of them getting a run in first grade for a week or two off the bench and then a week in NSW cup for more game time. Sifakula is another when he is back and fit.

I've seen the JMK one discussed. Tabuai Fidow is a new one.

It wouldn't surprise me with Bennett. He gets discussed as a nice guy if you know him. But he's all business and he tends to take a few players with him. It would be a Bennett move to get the Dolphins set up and take arguably their two best players. Definitely two they'd want to build their team around.

There was some discussion on NRL360 that Souths consulted Bennett on Demetriou. Most people after working with the guy to prepare him to take over would be supporting him. It sounded like Bennett was the other way. Sack him.................................By the way if you need someone I'm available.
Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock​

NRL Player​

Heard a rumour that Souffs will want Bennett to bring Hammer with him…

• Haha
Reactions:BroncsFan

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock​

NRL Player​

Correction. Wayne Bennett is bringing Hammer. Just a rumour from someone claiming to have “inside sauces”

Yes, the step up from NSW cup is bigger than some think and takes a bit of getting used to - Ale is starting to show the benefit of this. Zyon Maiu’u and Laban in particular should be getting more opportunities this season. Hasn't been an ideal season injury wise and being able to slot players in. Would love to see a rotation of them getting a run in first grade for a week or two off the bench and then a week in NSW cup for more game time. Sifakula is another when he is back and fit.
I'm impressed with our young backrow stocks the most. Especially if they can deliver on their potential. I think we're in a good position at center also. Young Kali, Ali & Berry could be anything. I hope our investment in Hanson & Cleary pays off.

Prop & wing may be a concern? Zyon Maiu’u & Stowers have huge potential. JFH is a good signing. He's not a hard yardage man like Addin is for us. How far away is Zyon Maiu’u & Stowers from regular first grade starters? Do we keep on recruiting journeyman until they are ready? Bit of a jigsaw puzzle.

1 R Berry
2 S Kali
3 A Leiataua
4 A Pompey
5 R Mulitalo 😂
6 L Metcalf
7 J Cleary
8 J F Harris
9 W Egan
10 G Neame
11 D Sifakula
12 J Laban
13 T Ale

14 C H Tavita
15 Z Zyon Maiu’u
16 L Halasima
17 E Ieremia

My initial response seeing Berry at fullback was ROFLMAO 🤣

But actually it might not be that crazy an idea if he knows how to play that position. Could be the next Dylan Walker 👍