Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I think Metcalf will have the 7 jersey when SJ goes. He has been pretty vocal about his desire to play there and the club has shown plenty of faith in him.
Hopefully he's learning the skills he needs to possess to become a top tier #7 because to date, in that role, he's good a bagging tries but not getting victories
Screenshot_20240511_133955_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully he's learning the skills he needs to possess to become a top tier #7 because to date, in that role, he's good a bagging tries but not getting victoriesView attachment 7223
Yeah it’s purely just speculation on my behalf. I’ve just interpreted it that way from the comments being thrown around about preferred positions, the chance to be mentored by SJ etc and the way they lined up in that Tigers trial. I think NSW cup wins and losses can be a tough guide too because those line ups are forever changing and the desire by some clubs to expose youth.

I think another interesting question in amongst our spine talk is if we will always play the effort type player at fullback, or whether we go looking for our own version of Walsh, Drinkwater etc. I think that also heavily influences who you are looking for in a 6&7.

Tragic

Contributor
The question then is, do you think George and Webster signed him purely because of his name? Because my tinfoil hat theory was they signed him as a package deal to release JFH with no transfer fee etc etc etc.
I 100% think your tinfoil hat is right.

The question then is, do you think George and Webster signed him purely because of his name? Because my tinfoil hat theory was they signed him as a package deal to release JFH with no transfer fee etc etc etc.
I think you are right or at least played a part. That being the case, our expectations of Jett being near as good as Nathan in a year or two are way off the mark.

Worried2Death

Contributor
Yeah it’s purely just speculation on my behalf. I’ve just interpreted it that way from the comments being thrown around about preferred positions, the chance to be mentored by SJ etc and the way they lined up in that Tigers trial. I think NSW cup wins and losses can be a tough guide too because those line ups are forever changing and the desire by some clubs to expose youth.

I think another interesting question in amongst our spine talk is if we will always play the effort type player at fullback, or whether we go looking for our own version of Walsh, Drinkwater etc. I think that also heavily influences who you are looking for in a 6&7.
My dream 5/8 signing is Isaiya Katoa, and bring Isaako with him. It'll never happen though, Katoa might follow Wayne to wherever he goes.

Ok so takes this what ever grain of salt you like. I don’t believe it but my mate has no reason to lie as he is a Broncos fan.
Apparently Mariner is going to the Dolphins next year? Can’t imagine as he’s under contract but the source is a family member to Mariner.

Off the broncos forum. Shame we’ve missed out on him if true

Ok so takes this what ever grain of salt you like. I don’t believe it but my mate has no reason to lie as he is a Broncos fan.
Apparently Mariner is going to the Dolphins next year? Can’t imagine as he’s under contract but the source is a family member to Mariner.

Off the broncos forum. Shame we’ve missed out on him if true

If it were true, I wonder who's spot he's taking?

Hammer - No
Bostock - most likely? But he would be a cheap value for money signing.
Averillo - new signing
Herbie - new signing
Isaako - signed in the off season till end of '26

Maybe Isaako wants to follow Fish back home 👀

Apparently titans, dragons, rabbits and tigers chasing Chrichton. Wants to stay in Sydney apparently, don’t think he’ll be staying with roosters by the sounds
With the amount of money the Roosters have to spend, I would be surprised if he left. Unless 1 of them gonna give him a milly

Back