Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I hope it is because then we can get those pricks in heaps of trouble. There should be 0 conversations going on between AFB/his manager and any other club. I'm warming to the Papalii and Stefan swap tbh.

What is the specific ruling on this?

I'm aware he and his management cannot be presented a formal offer at this stage nor can they sign anything

But in terms of informal discussions I'm not convinced that falls within the ruling

So even if AFB goes to the Dragons or Dogs, I'm looking to replace him with players who have had rumours around them leaving ie Saifiti, Taumalolo, Utoikamanu, Papalii etc. Could also be someone completely out of the blue if the right circumstances come up
Think Taumalolo is the best possibility of getting anything close to what AFB offers. Has had a form slump and still offering good numbers but obviously hasn’t healed, the dramas between him and Payten. Webster has got the best out of so many of the squad this year, if he could get Taumalolo back to his top form then he could be as valuable as AFB.

I suspect we will get very little in return but the way the NRL contracting works, we don't need to.

As of yesterday we can negotiate with players for 2025

So our most pressing issue in my eyes is 2024.

As some have speculated the best case scenario would seem to be trying to keep him for 2024 with compassionate leave built in somehow.

Gives him time to find a 2025 beyond deal and frees us up to sign ahead without jeopardising next season.

If he and his management are reasonable (which they don't seem to be...) then they should be acknowledging a compromise is needed this close to pre-season

I’m looking to replace him with players who have had rumours around them leaving ie Saifiti, Taumalolo, Utoikamanu, Papalii etc.

Where have these JT leaving rumours come from? Couple people have mentioned him now, but I haven’t seen anything about that

He should be target no. 1 if that’s true, even if he is getting on a little bit, he is still Jason Taumalolo.

Unlike Aussies, we will even call him Vaai if he wants us to

I wonder if we could put the money into a Benjamin Te kura and a xavier willison. on the verge kiwi talent, i know that would severly hinder our progress for this year but if you tied them in with zion and others you possibly have a baby broncos type pack in 2025 and can build that moving forward
I went to primary school with Xavier, was bigger than all the year 8s as a year 3 lol. Would take him for sure

Think Taumalolo is the best possibility of getting anything close to what AFB offers. Has had a form slump and still offering good numbers but obviously hasn’t healed, the dramas between him and Payten. Webster has got the best out of so many of the squad this year, if he could get Taumalolo back to his top form then he could be as valuable as AFB.
If the rumours are true about a rift between JT and Payton then signing JT isn't a far out there possibility. It would free up $ for them to up their offers to Dearden and Luki too. Could even see them throwing in a few dollars freight.

Where have these JT leaving rumours come from? Couple people have mentioned him now, but I haven’t seen anything about that

He should be target no. 1 if that’s true, even if he is getting on a little bit, he is still Jason Taumalolo.

Was on sen in oz last week apparently and they prepared to chip in. They strapped for cash and players like Dearden, Luki and Finefeuiaki to try and hold onto.

The more I have thought about it, I think we will 100% let him go. The club will just need to use him as leverage for a swap deal, but I think he'd be gone by Xmas for sure.

There are some pretty shit house names being thrown around here.. I'm staying out of that speculation. A way to go is signing a prop/young forward for 25, and pushing for an early release. Locks/props free for 25 are;

Nat Butcher, Jack de Belin, Matthew Eisenhuth, Zac Fulton, Max King, Isaac Liu, Damon Marshall, Trey Mooney, Tyrone Peachey, Ray Stone, Jazz Tevaga

Jesse Bromwich, Thomas Burgess, Jesse Colquhoun, Mat Croker, Sione Fainu, Braden Hamlin-Uele, Tuku Hau Tapuha, Peter Hola, Samuel Hughes, Jaiyden Hunt, Valingi Kepu, Liam Knight, Makahesi Makatoa, Ata Mariota, Terrell May, Jordan McLean, Jordan Miller, Shaquai Mitchell, Francis Molo, Michael Molo, Jirah Momoisea, Mark Nicholls, Ofahiki Ogden, Chris Patolo, Aaron Pene, Mia Pua’avase, Ky Rodwell, Toby Rudolf, Jacob Saifiti, Pasami Saulo, Jamal Shibasaki, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, Martin Taupau, Alec Tuitavake, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Jarrod Wallace

TBH I would take a young gun prop and keep the cap space free for next year, and see who pops up. Someone always does.

If the rumours are true about a rift between JT and Payton then signing JT isn't a far out there possibility. It would free up $ for them to up their offers to Dearden and Luki too. Could even see them throwing in a few dollars freight.
They would need to be paying a fair bit of freight, imo he is no longer a million dollar player, 700k would seem about right

The more I have thought about it, I think we will 100% let him go. The club will just need to use him as leverage for a swap deal, but I think he'd be gone by Xmas for sure.

There are some pretty shit house names being thrown around here.. I'm staying out of that speculation. A way to go is signing a prop/young forward for 25, and pushing for an early release. Locks/props free for 25 are;

Nat Butcher, Jack de Belin, Matthew Eisenhuth, Zac Fulton, Max King, Isaac Liu, Damon Marshall, Trey Mooney, Tyrone Peachey, Ray Stone, Jazz Tevaga

Jesse Bromwich, Thomas Burgess, Jesse Colquhoun, Mat Croker, Sione Fainu, Braden Hamlin-Uele, Tuku Hau Tapuha, Peter Hola, Samuel Hughes, Jaiyden Hunt, Valingi Kepu, Liam Knight, Makahesi Makatoa, Ata Mariota, Terrell May, Jordan McLean, Jordan Miller, Shaquai Mitchell, Francis Molo, Michael Molo, Jirah Momoisea, Mark Nicholls, Ofahiki Ogden, Chris Patolo, Aaron Pene, Mia Pua’avase, Ky Rodwell, Toby Rudolf, Jacob Saifiti, Pasami Saulo, Jamal Shibasaki, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, Martin Taupau, Alec Tuitavake, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Jarrod Wallace

TBH I would take a young gun prop and keep the cap space free for next year, and see who pops up. Someone always does.
Matt Croker, There is somthing about that guy!

Was on sen in oz last week apparently and they prepared to chip in. They strapped for cash and players like Dearden, Luki and Finefeuiaki to try and hold onto.

Cheers mate

That would be huge, Saving 100-300k and getting a better leader with premiership winning experience, with the potential getting back to 2010s form

With Webbys track record already, he could damn well hit career best form even

Love it.

It's a very long shot.
Just since Payten arrived and reduced his minutes, rumours that they don't get along - few articles about that.
Cowboys also now pay $1m a year to a prop who plays 45mins

55747.png

Get this guy!

Just read the Cowboys are worried about losing Tom Dearden

NRL transfer news: Rival clubs circle $1 million Cowboys star Tom Dearden | Market Watch
North Queensland face a fight to keep one of their most important players as coach Todd Payten admits he is ‘nervous’ after the Cowboys tabled their initial offer. See the latest transfer news.

It's a very long shot.
Just since Payten arrived and reduced his minutes, rumours that they don't get along - few articles about that.
Cowboys also now pay $1m a year to a prop who plays 45mins
And with all those second rowers, they could shift Leilua to a middle forward.