• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
Kick the ball 50 metres.........the fullback runs it back 20 metres before the defence catches up
TMM kicks it 40 metres..........the fullback runs it back 10 metres before the defence catches up
What have we lost....... first tackle at same point 30 metres out
You need to watch DCE manage a game. There is a massive difference in a good long kicking game vs what TMM is able to put out. If our kick chase is so shit that's our problem. Seriously, watch DCE get Manly out of trouble over and over and over. Every prem team for the last ?? years (a lot) has had a strong long kicking game. But seriously, DCE is the master of this. We aren't making the top 4 without it. SJ handled it for us in 2023 but just wasn't able to in 2024.

Give us a goddam zombie that can kick a ball well to put next to TMM and i'll take it at this point. If they can kick goals too that is.

NZWarriors.com
Give us a goddam zombie that can kick a ball well to put next to TMM and i'll take it at this point. If they can kick goals too that is.
Couldn't agree more with the entirety of your comment, but particularly this part. TMM is very good at running last tackle attacking options, but truly woeful at long kicking.

We need someone who can:
A) kick goals at 75% or better
B) boot the ball further than 20m
C) put up a bomb that gets higher than 10m off the ground
D) kick the odd 40/20

That should be the bare minimum for a halfback in the modern game. I'm really hoping Metcalf can get up to that, or if not him then Hanson/JCleary.

Couldn't agree more with the entirety of your comment, but particularly this part. TMM is very good at running last tackle attacking options, but truly woeful at long kicking.

We need someone who can:
A) kick goals at 75% or better
B) boot the ball further than 20m
C) put up a bomb that gets higher than 10m off the ground
D) kick the odd 40/20

That should be the bare minimum for a halfback in the modern game. I'm really hoping Metcalf can get up to that, or if not him then Hanson/JCleary.
I think it's highly unlikely Metcalf is going to suddenly produce all of that having never played at 7 in first grade, hope he's just been waiting for his opportunity though.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
With Erin Clark looking to be the replacement for Jazz, if Bunty goes to the eels, would we recruit a prop or promote from within?

I think we're always on the lookout for a prop, but probably aren't going to force it.

Unless a quality player becomes available we're going to promote from within.

Not sure what that means anymore though as I have no idea what position half our pack are. We change our second rowers and props around more often than dirty underwear.

I think we're always on the lookout for a prop, but probably aren't going to force it.

Unless a quality player becomes available we're going to promote from within.

Not sure what that means anymore though as I have no idea what position half our pack are. We change our second rowers and props around more often than dirty underwear.
Interesting to see it sounds like Corey Horsburgh is going to the broncos. Seems like they’re stacked for props and Carrigan owns that lock position. Holding hope we jangle Xavier Willison on an early release. Don’t see how they are able to hold onto the likes of Walsh and Cobbo and others and supposedly chasing Sam Walker

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Interesting all the movements in the forwards.
Lets look at the backs. I can see us losing Tuapiki if something isn't done with RTS or CNK.
Who do we (the forum) want to stay or go?
Personally I see Tuapiki as the one we keep
Keep Tuapiki. CNK i felt like this season was playing cooked half the time, hopefully a break and injury free pre season brings it back. My only conceen is how he plays at FB with potentially TMM at HB. CNK plays good with SJ.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Shiet that's a whole heap of experience gone if it's true about Walker.

Losses:
Walker
Jazz
AFB
SJ
Bunty

The worrying thing for me is that our back up players are leaving, which gives us very little to work with if we have big injuries again next year.

Outside of Jazz and AFBs money (which is replaced by Clarke and JFH) it looks like we'd have about 1.4-1.6 mil to spend, however there's not much out there available at the moment.

Shiet that's a whole heap of experience gone if it's true about Walker.

Losses:
Walker
Jazz
AFB
SJ
Bunty

The worrying thing for me is that our back up players are leaving, which gives us very little to work with if we have big injuries again next year.

Outside of Jazz and AFBs money (which is replaced by Clarke and JFH) it looks like we'd have about 1.4-1.6 mil to spend, however there's not much out there available at the moment.

I would argue this was always part of the plan. Give our youngsters 2 years in NSW Cup and then clear a path for them to press their claims for first grade.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back