• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
Wonder if Metcalf could make a switch to fullback next year. I’ve been impressed with Tauapiki when he’s come in. And I think Metcalf will be an upgraded version of what Taine offers at the back.
Potential squad so far for next year(including rumours Dallins leaving and Capewell may be released)

1. Metcalf
2. Montoya
3. Nicoll-Klokstad
4. Leiataua
5. Tuivasa-Scheck
6. Harris-Tavita
7. Johnson
8. Barnett
9. Egan
10. Fisher-Harris
11. Ford
12. Niukore
13. Walker

14. Auloa
15. Ale
16. Sifakula
17. Tevaga

18. Berry
19. Kali
20. Graham-Taufa
21. Pompey
22. Tauapiki
23. Lussick
24. Roache
25. Afoa
26. Zyon Maiu’u
27. Stowers-Smith
28. Halasima
29. laban
30. Eiremia-Toeiava
Dev
1. Pasikala
2. Fatialofa
3. Moi-Moi
4. Fukofoka
5. Hansen

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Wonder if Metcalf could make a switch to fullback next year. I’ve been impressed with Tauapiki when he’s come in. And I think Metcalf will be an upgraded version of what Taine offers at the back.
Potential squad so far for next year(including rumours Dallins leaving and Capewell may be released)

1. Metcalf
2. Montoya
3. Nicoll-Klokstad
4. Leiataua
5. Tuivasa-Scheck
6. Harris-Tavita
7. Johnson
8. Barnett
9. Egan
10. Fisher-Harris
11. Ford
12. Niukore
13. Walker

14. Auloa
15. Ale
16. Sifakula
17. Tevaga

18. Berry
19. Kali
20. Graham-Taufa
21. Pompey
22. Tauapiki
23. Lussick
24. Roache
25. Afoa
26. Zyon Maiu’u
27. Stowers-Smith
28. Halasima
29. laban
30. Eiremia-Toeiava
Dev
1. Pasikala
2. Fatialofa
3. Moi-Moi
4. Fukofoka
5. Hansen
Can't see anyone taking Capewell off our hands, I'm sure he's not going anywhere. You also don't want to smash out your 30 before a season starts. We need room incase anyone is getting homesick 😉

I'm hearing....

R Mulitalo
G Neame
L Thompson
X Willison
A MacDonald

Are all staring to miss the new zeand life 😂

We at least need all three taharoa players at the club!

Geez! Maybe taharoa is the next NRL team to join the expansion!

Jeez Taumalolo right on the outer. Shame his knees are so busted

On 360 last night they said he's worth about $500K which is what I thought, they said Cowboys probably won't chip in, which is crazy because it's between paying $800K+ and not playing him or $300K and get someone else worth $500K to contribute to the team

I wouldn't mind swapping him for AFB for this year only, if he has another meltdown, not sure how the finances work lol

On 360 last night they said he's worth about $500K which is what I thought, they said Cowboys probably won't chip in, which is crazy because it's between paying $800K+ and not playing him or $300K and get someone else worth $500K to contribute to the team

I wouldn't mind swapping him for AFB for this year only, if he has another meltdown, not sure how the finances work lol
I wonder if there is a need to offload him to upgrade others?

If so I hope he can't go anywhere so we can have a Jab Neame come November 1.

I don't give a shit how good you are, A 10 year deal is no good for either party! The should be banned from the nrl.

I would give 5 years the max you can sign a player.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

I don't give a shit how good you are, A 10 year deal is no good for either party! The should be banned from the nrl.

It is a good deal for Jason.
Cowboys saw the value when they entered the contract, nobody has a crystal ball.
Restricting a contract duration would be a restraint of trade , best to leave it to the parties.

It’s a shame he has a reputation as a lazy trainer. The club might have been interested if he had a work ethic that you’d want to rub off on the younger players coming through

I am surprised Payton is not the one getting fired TBH, you see directors fired for movie stars all the time, when they signed JT they basically gave him the club icon status, now he can just sit there and earn a million a year for doing nothing if the coach won't play him lol, insane stuff, great management skills all around. The only way to resolve this is firing the coach and the new guy comes in and play him again, which is possible since they aren't going well this year, stopped the 5 game losing streak by beating Rabbits and Tigers? lol. Nobody is gonna touch JT unless Cows chip in heavily.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The recruitment manager and CEOs messed up big time by the sound of it lol, wonder if he became lazy after the contract?
Maybe I’m wrong but there’s some people built for fitness, others have to work hard while others are more explosive and struggle but can play awesome footy. The sprinters or power runners are generally not as good trainers. Is there room for big powerful guys who will never be close to the awesome trainers? What is a power runner who is reasonably fit worth?

Reactions: CWC
Maybe I’m wrong but there’s some people built for fitness, others have to work hard while others are more explosive and struggle but can play awesome footy. The sprinters or power runners are generally not as good trainers. Is there room for big powerful guys who will never be close to the awesome trainers? What is a power runner who is reasonably fit worth?

Some athletes are renown for being lazy but turn it on during game day, like some students never do extra studies at home and get A+ every time, so might be more the ethics and influence on other players that the coach has an issue with

Maybe the laziness might have cost his knee joints, not certain but there are diet and maintenance disciplines you need to do to condition the body in prime state for longer....

Some athletes are renown for being lazy but turn it on during game day
Not so much lazy, But Dennis Rodman would catch a flight to Vegas after a game, Go on a 3 day bender. Probably do 100 lines of coke(I'm guessing)Drink a ton of alcohol. Finger 100 women(And probably men) get no sleep then fly back for training, work his ass off. Then come game day be the hardest worker on court.

Maybe we let Addin do this? Lol.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Not so much lazy, But Dennis Rodman would catch a flight to Vegas after a game, Go on a 3 day bender. Probably do 100 lines of coke(I'm guessing)Drink a ton of alcohol. Finger 100 women(And probably men) get no sleep then fly back for training, work his ass off. Then come game day be the hardest worker on court.

Maybe we let Addin do this? Lol.
Also, some players are worn out physically, unable to train fully , even at all, but still have the brains to be playing and can add value.
Paul Merson, ex premier league player and England international and case in point. There is a place for special cases.

Problem is you don’t want that attitude rubbing off on the young guys coming through because there will be those amongst them that aren’t those same athletes that can just turn it in game day. For the people critical of Capewell, as much as on field his value is other facets also. The same as JFH

JT... when they're talking about a 'degenerative' knee issue it all makes sense with them 'managing' his time of the field to squeeze as much out of him as they can over the 10 year contract. But it means he just won't be a marquee player again at any stage. Best they try to medically retire him and get salary cap dispensation after this year as their payment to him is less of an issue than the amount of salary cap he's preventing them using elsewhere.

10 year contracts... kinda worked for Manly & DCE. But it's a hell of a gamble.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back