Pick Your Team Warriors v Knights - Round 4, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dam rotten timing losing Taine out of the mix and therefore losing Roger from Center.

To win this competition we need a lethal combination forming between Metcalf and RTS.

The silver lining seems to be that CNK is back the week after.

But yeah, to make that GF we need Metcalf setting up Roger, and Roger making space for Metcalf just by being a threat.

And then when CNK can play with Metcalf and Roger, Montoya will look like a superstar.

It frustrating seeing Roger moved to Fullback.
TMM to fullback would solve this issue - except he didn't play Fullback for nSW cup on Saturday so that ain't happening.

Dam rotten timing losing Taine out of the mix and therefore losing Roger from Center.

To win this competition we need a lethal combination forming between Metcalf and RTS.

But yeah, to make that GF we need Metcalf setting up Roger, and Roger making space for Metcalf just by being a threat.

And then when CNK can play with Metcalf and Roger, Montoya will look like a superstar.

It's annoying, only for one game though hopefully. Wouldn't mind seeing how we go with Rog at fb again, Pomps getting a run will be handy if we need him later in the season.
Could be interesting if CNK is named on the extended bench tomorrow, Webby's getting tricky with some of his TLT's.

Might be a blessing in disguise. Have a feeling Roger will kill at the back

Knights have a strong pack that can rumble forward but I don't rate their backline. Their 6/7 clearly have communication problems and they have clearly lost some of the dynamism in their backline (Young and Marzhew also out injured). They look to have lost their ability to run the sweeping set piece plays they pulled off last year. Starve KP of the ball and we win this game- just like in the semi final last year.
Kiwi prop Leo Thompson has been suspended for one week due to tackling Papps in the air (that looked really bad - he was lucky not to have broken his neck)

Last year Barney almost retired, TMM shattered leg, SJ was playing on one leg in the playoffs, Metcalf tore his hamy twice, Jazz tore his achilles, Egan was in and out of Emergency visits, DWZ was out for a month, Kosi broke his knee, CNK was concussed at least twice, Volkman played with a broken hand, Marata was in NRL prison so many times

I don’t think we are doing that bad right now, just ask the Broncos and Storm
and also the Panthers with Cleary out for at least 4 weeks with hamstring problems.

RTS at fullback is natural if CNK is still unavailable. But long term he needs to be the center. Metcalf/RTS combo needs more time to develop like the one SJ has with Ford now. Developing sharpness on both edges is important for us to be a premiership threat. Moreover The team has changed alot since RTS first left- our gameplan now revolves around someone with CNK's skillset. The best way to utilise Roger is as a roaming centre like a Joey Manu. So I hope any move is merely short term.

Knights missing Leo Thompson is very helpful for us. They struggled to physically handle the Storm pack last week, a pack that we ran over the top of the week before. If Egan, I'm confident we can control the ruck in this game.

Missing both half’s,
We all know including the knights they didn't really beat the storm they had an off game by there standards and were missing a couple of experienced big body's and both starting halves while having a bad day no confidence gained here imo they limped past the wounded bull with home ground advantage will be counting there blessings if you ask me.

Can Taine appeal his 11 day stand down if no further symptoms? I believe the Roosters are appealing for one of their players.
Surprising that there is an avenue to appeal a head injury.

Given what is at stake, the whole purpose of bringing in mandatory time frames was to stop club Doctors from making subjective calls to race players back.

Hope the Warriors do not try to push someone back that failed an HIA like those criminals at the Roosters.

Last edited:

Given what is as stake, the whole purpose of bringing in mandatory time frames was to stop club Doctors from making subjective calls to race players back.

Hope the Warriors do not try to push someone back that failed an HIA like those criminals at the Roosters.
Agree mate, mandatory means no exceptions! Except…..pretty sure the Dogs pulled it off with Mahoney last year

I don't fully understand the HIA process and Cat 1 vs Cat 2, but Walker and Tuaupiki seem very different scenarios.

Walker has been cleared to play in Round 4 after two independent doctors appointed by the NRL Chief Medical Officer ruled his Category 1 Head Injury Assessment against the Rabbitohs should have been deemed a Category 2.
The 21-year-old passed his HIA during the game on Friday night and was not at any stage diagnosed with concussion and is therefore not subject to any stand-down period.

vs

Warriors fullback Taine Tuaupiki failed a HIA in Friday night's match against the Raiders in Christchurch

I don't fully understand the HIA process and Cat 1 vs Cat 2, but Walker and Tuaupiki seem very different scenarios.

Walker has been cleared to play in Round 4 after two independent doctors appointed by the NRL Chief Medical Officer ruled his Category 1 Head Injury Assessment against the Rabbitohs should have been deemed a Category 2.
The 21-year-old passed his HIA during the game on Friday night and was not at any stage diagnosed with concussion and is therefore not subject to any stand-down period.

vs

Warriors fullback Taine Tuaupiki failed a HIA in Friday night's match against the Raiders in Christchurch
It's still perplexing Rapana didnt even require an HIA

vs

Failed if it still means the same thing, means he could not complete cognitive testing at the level he scored when tested in the preseason.

So it is not a thing that was worked out by informed guessing. He failed because his mental function of temporarily impaired from being whacked.

Given what is as stake, the whole purpose of bringing in mandatory time frames was to stop club Doctors from making subjective calls to race players back.

Mate, can you tell me any rule in the NRL that is line in the sand, no way round. Not so much the last week's game but has anyone called for HIA assessment of the Bunker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back