Pick Your Team Storm v Warriors - Round 2, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Preferred halves partner to SJ?

• Luke Metcalf

• TMM

• CHT

• Undecided???

Results are only viewable after voting.
The warriors need to register a win next week to get their confidence back
Well it is not just any win though eh. We are up against the best club in Rugby league prior to the Panthers era, and typical Storm fashion they beat the Panthers!
I'm parking my top four aspirations this week.
Most clubs go in with a mindset of beating the Storm, many who achieve a close competitive game, come away satisfied, win or lose.

If Egans out, we're staring down a typical set up.

I hate the way we get the Storm when we are banged up, or their cheaty tackling injures lots of our players. Last year we had em tied up in a tough game until the Ref sent Walker to the bin and four guys got injured.

Ah well, I'm glad we got Melbourne this week, nothing to lose, mission impossible, history to be made.

I’m not overly fussed about who runs out against Melbourne, and now the dust has settled from Friday night I don’t feel like drastic changes should be made, Webby is only human and prone to mistakes (context) yet he’s still an astute coach and knows his players better than I do. We still have key players out. It’s been 8+ years since we beat them and the hoodoo has to end at some stage….what goes up must come down. Storm still look bloody good as usual but they’re not untouchable. We’re a definitely a very different team now, especially mentally (and this is where the game could be won) and all around and a close win would be elating to say the least. I’m looking forward to it…. I don’t think we’ll get pumped if we lose and it’s not the end of the world this early in the season against a team that has been consistently good for the best part of the last decade+. Sheesh….Ford might score the winning try from a short ball from Lussick to snatch the game then we’ll all be clamouring to wash their feet 🤷🏽
Gotta love the anticipation of live, theatrical & impromptu sports and not knowing what could happen…… I believe in miracles……and acceptance. Can’t wait.

Last edited:
if CNK is one week away you probably just suck it up. If he’s 2-3 weeks away ahhhhh - at least drop Roger back if you’re chasing the game with 10 to go. Carrying Pompey or leaitaua is better than just not using a middle forward. That was just cooked. You could have stuck Ale on the edge if Capewah was struggling.

Biggest worry is Egan, obviously. Just went back and looked at the incident - first of all, why doesn't he plant his forearm in the fall rather than his hand? He was still more interested in locking the ball up in the tackle with his other arm than taking care not to damage himself - which is his major trait as a player, and the direct cause of most of his injuries... at what point is that less than admirable? When you look at the load on that elbow, it's a jolt and then a twist as it is partially trapped under Walker - so likely sprained ligaments, but the joint didn't over extend, so maybe not be that bad? Hope not.

He opens up so much time for our attack to develop, but so often gets done on being out weighed in defence - is there some left field tactic that can be added to keep him wider in defence just to protect him? Or is that just not manning up?

Biggest worry is Egan, obviously. Just went back and looked at the incident - first of all, why doesn't he plant his forearm in the fall rather than his hand? He was still more interested in locking the ball up in the tackle with his other arm than taking care not to damage himself - which is his major trait as a player, and the direct cause of most of his injuries... at what point is that less than admirable? When you look at the load on that elbow, it's a jolt and then a twist as it is partially trapped under Walker - so likely sprained ligaments, but the joint didn't over extend, so maybe not be that bad? Hope not.

He opens up so much time for our attack to develop, but so often gets done on being out weighed in defence - is there some left field tactic that can be added to keep him wider in defence just to protect him? Or is that just not manning up?
I think it’s just his inherent and characteristic style of play where he seems to have next to no self preservation and plays hard despite his fragility….he wants to win at all costs to his detriment. I dont think he can be coached out of that, it would nullify his brilliant abilities which in turn and paradoxically be to his teams detriment. We all want our players to put their bodies on the line yet complain if they get injured. It sucks but it’s just “one of those things”
I’m keeping the faith with Egan 🤞

No way I'm dropping anyone for there performance on Friday night.

It's round 1 and we need to start building combos as RTS would say.

The key to success that being in day to day life or in this case in a Professional sports team is consistency!

I know with my job if shit changes all the time I don't perform as well because I have to try and adapt, same goes with the mighty Warriors.

I personally think it's better for the coaching staff to work on the players weaknesses and try to rectify them first before dropping players, it's better for the team and the player.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team remains the same. Webster will likely give them a chance to turn it around.

Also not sure who they'd bring in. Some of the other options are out injured and the NSW Cup wasn't a convincing display. Barring injury it would more likely be later in the season when we see some of the younger guys.

The main concern is the injuries to Capewell and Egan. If they are out it would lead to some changes.

if CNK is one week away you probably just suck it up. If he’s 2-3 weeks away ahhhhh - at least drop Roger back if you’re chasing the game with 10 to go. Carrying Pompey or leaitaua is better than just not using a middle forward. That was just cooked. You could have stuck Ale on the edge if Capewah was struggling.
Back in round 4 so still 3 weeks away. No need to rush him back especially with 2 ‘easier’ games after next week.

Do we give ppl like Laban, Going a shot this week. We need to give them game time when it's injury enforced, build that depth. I don't see going back to well with Jazz just because he had one good game in NSW.
No changes, nothing wrong with the team selected, we need to get cohesion, you don't get that choppping and changing,

We had more than enough ball and opportunities to win that game, attack just needs to gel.

Just praying Egan is ok but it didn't look good.

I think if Egan is out, we probably bite the bullet and bring in either Roger at FB, or TMM at half for more experience.

It's tricky tho, because Tauapiki actually didn't do anything wrong and played pretty well, but there's no way we can start a game in Melbourne with SJ the only guy in our spine over 30 games.

If we have Egan, CNK, Niukore and Capewell not playing this week that's a shit tonne of experience lost, I think we need so sure it up with more experience though out the tea . Maybe Jazz coming back in if hes fit enough, and if Rog goes to the back I could even see us popping Pompey in there instead of Ali 😬

I don’t think Taine suits our shape on the right side attack. So I would like to see RTS move to the back till CNK is ready, but I don’t think Webby does it this week.

I think if Egan is out, we probably bite the bullet and bring in either Roger at FB, or TMM at half for more experience.

It's tricky tho, because Tauapiki actually didn't do anything wrong and played pretty well, but there's no way we can start a game in Melbourne with SJ the only guy in our spine over 30 games.

If we have Egan, CNK, Niukore and Capewell not playing this week that's a shit tonne of experience lost, I think we need so sure it up with more experience though out the tea . Maybe Jazz coming back in if hes fit enough, and if Rog goes to the back I could even see us popping Pompey in there instead of Ali 😬
Pompey will get smoked by the Melbourne backs, how just play Taine at FB on defence and Roger on attack, let him roam.

Taine could be pretty elusive if you can get him one on one.

Do we give ppl like Laban, Going a shot this week. We need to give them game time when it's injury enforced, build that depth. I don't see going back to well with Jazz just because he had one good game in NSW.
Ye we need some youthfull exuberance. Our teams too old. Not saying we should make reaction changes from the game but. Laban and Leiataua this week, and blood other young trio Sifakula Maiu’u and Halasima through out the year, if they’re good enough they stay in the 17

Last edited:
I think Barnett is the logical player to take capewells place on that right edge with SJ and Berry.

We have two nrl props in Bunty and Ale, we can start bunty then Ale comes on for the rest of the game so only one sub.

I would feel a bit better having Barnett on that edge defensively over Laban against the storm. I think Laban is a good player but we should only play them when we absolutely need them.

Even jazz could be called up over Laban on the bench.

Ye we need some youthfull exuberance. Our teams too old. Not saying we should make reaction changes from the game but. Laban and Leiataua this week, and blood other young trio Sifakula Maiu’u and Halasima through out the year, if they’re good enough they stay in the 17
I reckon we have to blood some forwards just to know if any of them solve the conundrum of losing AFB to a degree. None of them can obviously but Laban’s size on an edge over Ford could add another consistent aspect or Maiu’u could hit the ground running or any of the others for that matter. Still most excited by Sifakula and hope they’re giving him all the time he needs

Back