Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy Moore just raised an interesting point on Nrl 360
If Sj was a bad calf why did he fly to Sydney for the panthers game. Why didn’t he stay in Auck for treatment. And let’s face it flying is not great for many injuries

Billy and Spud Carrol said Warriors win on Sj Tohu AFB and the MSS crowd

I've had a calf injury, they hurt, don't know if a needle works, my guess he's been receiving a lot of physio to lengthen the scare tissue and plenty of stretching.

Looking at the photo(yes it's jonno esq stopwatch time), it looks like just socks and no tape, my guess is it was a niggle during the rest period and they've been saving him for this game. He was never playing against Penrith and he can't be that bad as he would've never flown with the team to Sydney.
Those are not socks bro, they are called TED stockings they are a medical product.

They do a few things, but someone like Johnson who is not allowed to move around a lot you use them to prevent blood clots called deep vein thrombosis which tells you he has been off his legs a lot. They stop blood pooling in the legs so help with healing also.

That makes sense since the most effective treatment for a calf injury is rest.

A lot of older people have to wear them, especially people on blood pressure lowering drugs, and people with varicose veins and lastly (most relevant to this thread) post bed bound patients wear them to prevent clots.

Last edited:
Lived in Melb 89/90 went to two games at mcg of afl just crap drizzly wet ground poor handling - I just could not get into it.
I mean points are just too easy miss the big sticks you still get 1 point.

Those are not socks bro, they are called TED stockings they are a medical product.

They do a few things, but someone like Johnson who is not allowed to move around a lot you use them to prevent blood clots called deep vein thrombosis which tells you he has been off his legs a lot. They stop blood pooling in the legs so help with healing also.

A lot of older people have to wear them, especially people on blood pressure lowering drugs, and people with varicose veins.
What do you think of Sj flying to Sydney last weekend - good or bad for the injury?

A lot of older people have to wear them, especially people on blood pressure lowering drugs, and people with varicose veins and lastly (most relevant to this thread) post bed bound patients wear them to prevent clots.
I used socks being lazy, yes agree, they are a form of compression sock to help blood flow and stop pooling of blood, should be used on long haul flights as an example.

What do you think of Sj flying to Sydney last weekend - good or bad for the injury?
Private Jet should have been fine. Limited walking on it is good for it if it aint munted,

He would have had the best seat on the plane I am sure. He probably had physio all the way there lol.

My biggest concern is what if the daylight does not go out completely by 6pm Saturday, how are they gonna black out the stadium and produce the concert atmosphere and fireworks?

Sup, are they the same as the compression ones wore by people with Lymphedema?

My biggest concern is what if the daylight does not go out completely by 6pm Saturday, how are they gonna black out the stadium and produce the concert atmosphere and fireworks?
The NRL are running game day so it's going to be different to usual anyway.
Can you imagine after the Wahs win, V'landys and Abdo running on to the field trying to stop the crowd chanting "100%" and calling for quiet because it's an event run by the NRL. Good luck trying to stop that, gentlemen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back