Pick Your Team Storm v Warriors - Round 2, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Preferred halves partner to SJ?

• Luke Metcalf

• TMM

• CHT

• Undecided???

Results are only viewable after voting.
No changes, nothing wrong with the team selected, we need to get cohesion, you don't get that choppping and changing,

We had more than enough ball and opportunities to win that game, attack just needs to gel.

Just praying Egan is ok but it didn't look good.
What do you mean, Capewell probs not going to play so we need to replace him.

If you move Barnett to edge and replace with Ale, then you still need someone on the bench.

Then we have Egan problem. Most likely to replaced with CHT on the bench imo.

1. TMM
2. Dallin
3. Berrysiah
4. Rog
5. Monty
6. Lukewah
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. CHT
10. Barny
11. Pompey/Laban/David Bain
12. Capewah
13. Tohu

14. Walker
15. Jazz
16. Ale
17. Some big cunt from NSW Cup, Toni Tupouniua? /wheelie bin/ ok Ford then.

18. Alisiah
Hmmm, TMM at fullback is a interesting option that grabbed my attention. A third ball player(Four if you include Metcalf the road runner. Egan if fit, and SJ) Which would allow Metcalf to be a support runner for our ball playing forwards to run off of.

Or CHT at 6 for his superior defense vs a large & Powerful Storm squad. CHT is a good ball player & has a nice short kicking game.

If we're not playing Ale, I'd have Laban to start & Ford to the bench. Tohu to Prop when addin comes off.

Our utility bench player is hard. It's the storm! Roache would be nice. But walker could relinquish his backrow spot & have the utility/hooker spot since he can play several positions 6/9 /backrow/center. And bring in one of Ale /Stowers - Smith / Kalani Going.

TMM
DWZ
Berry
RTS
Montoya
CHT
SJ
AFB
Egan
Afoa
Laban
Capewell
Harris

Barney
Ford
Walker - Ale - Stowers - Going
Roache - Walker - Tevaga

Hmmm, TMM at fullback is a interesting option that grabbed my attention. A third ball player(Four if you include Metcalf the road runner. Egan if fit, and SJ) Which would allow Metcalf to be a support runner for our ball playing forwards to run off of.

Or CHT at 6 for his superior defense vs a large & Powerful Storm squad. CHT is a good ball player & has a nice short kicking game.

If we're not playing Ale, I'd have Laban to start & Ford to the bench. Tohu to Prop when addin comes off.

Our utility bench player is hard. It's the storm! Roache would be nice. But walker could relinquish his backrow spot & have the utility/hooker spot since he can play several positions 6/9 /backrow/center. And bring in one of Ale /Stowers - Smith / Kalani Going.

TMM
DWZ
Berry
RTS
Montoya
CHT
SJ
AFB
Egan
Afoa
Laban
Capewell
Harris

Barney
Ford
Roache - Walker - Tevaga
Happy with your side, except I'd keep Metcalf and have Roach on the bench or starting if Egan is out.

Happy with your side, except I'd keep Metcalf and have Roach on the bench or starting if Egan is out.
I'd be happy to keep Metcalf if he didn't miss tackles with some lazy efforts - throw the arm out bs.
He was already non existent on attack apart from the one awesome run when he scored. The storm will be ruthless and single him out. CHT would be better suited for this game. Not giving up on Metcalf. Just want CHT for his defensive prowess and better ball playing ability over Metcalfs speed. He can come back next week lol.

TMM
DWZ
Berry
RTS
Montoya
CHT
SJ
AFB
Egan
Afoa
Laban
Capewell
Harris

Barney
Ford
Roache - Walker - Tevaga
Is Going selectable? I didn’t think he was in the top 30

Pompey is a very good defender. I wouldn't be playing him over berry and rts at this stage but there is nothing wrong with his defence.
Should watch some highlights of tries scored against us last year and see how many times he get's smoked, his tackling is good but is he so slow laterally that he constantly gets torched, have a look at what Cleary did to him in the finals for a perfect example.

I dont get all the anti metcalf hate tbh. Based off last year TMM was quite average, non existent at times and just fails to do anything of substance.

Ford for me was really average, two handling errors momentum killers.

As for lineups, dont see too much change, other than forced injuries.

Hate is a little strong mate

I read from posts in here that it no longer matters. Poasa Faamausili started for the Dogs yesterday despite being on a development deal, which in itself is weird considering he's 28 year old & at his NRL fifth club
It still matters up until round 10. You can select from the top 30 and development players from round 1 and then from the greater squad after round 10. I’m not sure what Going’s actual contract status is

Pompey is decent on both sides of the ball.

Both him and Montoya copped all sorts of shit last season on both sides of the ball due to what Ford/Metcalf were failing to do on the inside.
Totally agree. Pompey played every minute of every game last season. Can play both left and right side, and he did through the season. Him and Montoya looked frustrated as hell towards the end of the season with the lack of quality ball they were getting. RTS looked good in the trial with CHT on the inside. The only thing that's changed is Metcalf is there now - apparently above criticism of his obvious issues. Or you have to be a 'true fan' and ignore them - despite criticising other players 🤣

It's ok though mate. RTS and Montoya just need to play deeper and wider. If they go any further deeper and wider next week they'll be running around on the MCG while the rest of the team are at AAMI park. Gives Metcalf's passes time to bounce two or three times before they get to him I guess. I hope someone gives him a map of AAMI so he can find his way playing 6. 🗺️

Maybe RTS and Montoya can wear some Scooby Doo costumes and then they can figure out who the ghost was on Friday night with the warriors 6 jersey in the second half and the mystery of why we had the lowest % of our trys created on the left edge in the league last year.

Metcalf is a good back up 6. No more, no less. He is showing all the same things as he did last year but they are exacerbated currently, he isn't playing bottom 8 teams at the moment. He needs to improve rapidly in the next few weeks or changes will have to be made -TMM or CHT. SJ needs a halves partner who can be a secondary playmaker and I'm afraid we are very little chance of challenging this year without opening up our left edge.

I don't want to have to resort to 'keep da Faith' as some seem to be suggesting. That shit can stay on Facebook where it belongs.

☎️

Totally agree. Pompey played every minute of every game last season. Can play both left and right side, and he did through the season. Him and Montoya looked frustrated as hell towards the end of the season with the lack of quality ball they were getting. RTS looked good in the trial with CHT on the inside. The only thing that's changed is Metcalf is there now - apparently above criticism of his obvious issues. Or you have to be a 'true fan' and ignore them - despite criticising other players 🤣

It's ok though mate. RTS and Montoya just need to play deeper and wider. If they go any further deeper and wider next week they'll be running around on the MCG while the rest of the team are at AAMI park. Gives Metcalf's passes time to bounce two or three times before they get to him I guess. I hope someone gives him a map of AAMI so he can find his way playing 6. 🗺️

Maybe RTS and Montoya can wear some Scooby Doo costumes and then they can figure out who the ghost was on Friday night with the warriors 6 jersey in the second half and the mystery of why we had the lowest % of our trys created on the left edge in the league last year.

Metcalf is a good back up 6. No more, no less. He is showing all the same things as he did last year but they are exacerbated currently, he isn't playing bottom 8 teams at the moment. He needs to improve rapidly in the next few weeks or changes will have to be made -TMM or CHT. SJ needs a halves partner who can be a secondary playmaker and I'm afraid we are very little chance of challenging this year without opening up our left edge.

I don't want to have to resort to 'keep da Faith' as some seem to be suggesting. That shit can stay on Facebook where it belongs.

☎️
I don't care enough to use so many words 😂

I just want the left edge to be unlocked so we can be a real threat in 2024, as you can't win it all without two functioning edges.

Wether that is Metcalf, CHT, or Martin I honestly don't care as long as it happens.

I've watched the replay and i'm still not seeing what others are seeing. It all seemed very reminiscent of what I saw in 2023.

I haven't said I want him dropped either, I want him to succeed. But I don't think he should have a mortgage on that six jersey this season from what I saw.

I don't care enough to use so many words 😂

I just want the left edge to be unlocked so we can be a real threat in 2024, as you can't win it all without two functioning edges.

Wether that is Metcalf, CHT, or Martin I honestly don't care as long as it happens.

I've watched the replay and i'm still not seeing what others are seeing. It all seemed very reminiscent of what I saw in 2023.

I haven't said I want him dropped either, I want him to succeed. But I don't think he should have a mortgage on that six jersey this season from what I saw.
Exactly.

☎️
Unfortunately your lack of understanding of the game is nearly as great as your sarcasm.
Pity the game isn't played on a keyboard.

☎️
The other difference was the first trial RTS was playing against the wooden spooners reserve grade team champ.

Funny thing is Webster and the coaching staff see it the same way I do, maybe they should hire you as a consultant

Back