• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Sports Rugby

Hi My first rugby union game I have watched in years. I gave up union in 2016 to switch to league.

That said can someone who follows the All Blacks please help me out

1) Why was Will Jordan playing fullback when he is primarily a wing? What is the story behind that.
2) why did the young half back Ratima start for 57 minutes. He really looked like a development project player. Perenara was ten thousand times better when he came on. Are succession planning and developing Ratima to take over the reins? What is the background there too?

Appreciate any answers from our people who watch union.
Hey mate,
Will Jordan is a fullback. He was playing today because Beauden Barrett pulled out sick.

Cortez is actually are really good young player from Otorohanga in the Waikato (I’m from Te Awamutu, just up the road). 55-70 minutes is quite typical of a starting 9. He needs time.

Old man TJ shouldn’t really be in the team, not cause he’s no good. He is good.
But because there’s no way he’s making the next World Cup and he’s holding back our youth.

NZWarriors.com
Hey mate,
Will Jordan is a fullback. He was playing today because Beauden Barrett pulled out sick.

Cortez is actually are really good young player from Otorohanga in the Waikato (I’m from Te Awamutu, just up the road). 55-70 minutes is quite typical of a starting 9. He needs time.

But because there’s no way he’s making the next World Cup and he’s holding back our youth.
Cortez got better the longer the match went so maybe you are right he needs time. Tonight I was not impressed and TJs service was night and day better.
If we are preparing for the next world cup why is Sam Cane still playing? Is he planning to go around again? He is not a good player in my view and is there by reputation only.

Cortez got better the longer the match went so maybe you are right he needs time. Tonight I was not impressed and TJs service was night and day better.
If we are preparing for the next world cup why is Sam Cane still playing? Is he planning to go around again? He is not a good player in my view and is there by reputation only.
In regards to players like TJ and Sam Cane, it is a transitional thing to be fair

NZ rugby is in a rut when it comes to quality depth.
High salaries from Europe and Japan. Are taking the 3rd-4th pick players in any position

And modern science has over extended careers (arguably to much from a teams perspective). Especially when it comes to player retention and transition. Richie Mccaw held that 7 jersey for like 12 years. That’s twelve 7s that never really had a decent run. Fewer and fewer players are will to kick stones for long. And fair enough.

And it’s only going to get worse for them with the rise of the Warriors and a potential 2nd NZ NRL team

Funnily enough Sam Cane was actually one of the “twelve sevens”. He’s off to Japan.

In regards to players like TJ and Sam Cane, it is a transitional thing to be fair

NZ rugby is in a rut when it comes to quality depth.
High salaries from Europe and Japan. Are taking the 3rd-4th pick players in any position

And modern science has over extended careers (arguably to much from a teams perspective). Especially when it comes to player retention and transition. Richie Mccaw held that 7 jersey for like 12 years. That’s twelve 7s that never really had a decent run. Fewer and fewer players are will to kick stones for long. And fair enough.

And it’s only going to get worse for them with the rise of the Warriors and a potential 2nd NZ NRL team

Funnily enough Sam Cane was actually one of the “twelve sevens”. He’s off to Japan.
Appreciate the answers

I thought the All Blacks looked far better than the Wallabies who looked like they are far worse off than the All Blacks at attracting talent at the moment. Some really really poor players on the field for the Wallabies while the All Blacks were a bit of a mix. We had 9 or 10 simply outstanding players and 10 or so decidedly average players. While Australia had one or two at most outstanding players and some real dross who should not have been on the field. Campese and Michael Lynagh would be ashamed by that rabble.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Hey mate,

TJ is only warming the jersey until Roigard returns from injury

Then it will be Roigard, Ratima then TJ

While Jordan only played FB as you say because of BB’s sickness he is a FB rather than a winger

Appreciate the answers

I thought the All Blacks looked far better than the Wallabies who looked like they are far worse off than the All Blacks at attracting talent at the moment. Some really really poor players on the field for the Wallabies while the All Blacks were a bit of a mix. We had 9 or 10 simply outstanding players and 10 or so decidedly average players. While Australia had one or two at most outstanding players and some real dross who should not have been on the field. Campese and Michael Lynagh would be ashamed by that rabble.
Honestly, I don’t think the Wallabies will ever recover to their former strength. Seriously.

Which from a Rugby Union perspective is a brutal blow. They’ll pick up games here and there but that’s it.
Rugby Union needs a strong Wallabies

Good for the NRL though lol

Honestly, I don’t think the Wallabies will ever recover to their former strength. Seriously.

Which from a Rugby Union perspective is a brutal blow. They’ll pick up games here and there but that’s it.
Rugby Union needs a strong Wallabies

Good for the NRL though lol
Some of the All Blacks stars were world class tonight and a privilege to watch
1) Jordan's support play from 15 was useful
2) TJ masterclass at half back
3) Damien MacKenzie simply incredible.
4) Ardie Savea -Buck Shelford like

I agree with 1 & 4

Ratima far more impressive than TJP

Mackenzie was far from incredible- his field kicking was less than impressive

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
TJ has been on a massive decline last year, Ratima and especially Roigard have over taken him.
DMac whilst running game is pretty good he struggles to give a team direction and often ends up sideways running, he butchered at least 3 tries tonight.
Whilst we have shown signs of improvement we are probably at our lowest rut at the moment, we desperately need a good 10 and something is up with our fitness, we start strong but look gassed by the 60th minute, this used to be when we blew teams off the park, our mental toughness of yesteryear is also severely lacking

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
TJ has been on a massive decline last year, Ratima and especially Roigard have over taken him.
DMac whilst running game is pretty good he struggles to give a team direction and often ends up sideways running, he butchered at least 3 tries tonight.
Whilst we have shown signs of improvement we are probably at our lowest rut at the moment, we desperately need a good 10 and something is up with our fitness, we start strong but look gassed by the 60th minute, this used to be when we blew teams off the park, our mental toughness of yesteryear is also severely lacking
Fair enough.

I thought that the ref called it fairly down the middle and we were still dominant. The scoreline flattered the Wallabies and only happened because of our yellow cards.
After watching the Warriors lose this year it was good to watch the ABs carve up.

Wrighty

Fair enough.

I thought that the ref called it fairly down the middle and we were still dominant. The scoreline flattered the Wallabies and only happened because of our yellow cards.
After watching the Warriors lose this year it was good to watch the ABs carve up.

Wrighty
31-28 A carve up. Dont think so.
Dominant or not its the final score that counts and I think Aussie will be happy.
Yellow cards........ You get what you deserve. And the ABs have always been just under the dirty side

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Fair enough.

Wrighty
Yeah it was interesting my Wallabies mates were asking about the disallowed tries and thought we were hard done by, same with the first card.
Thought the length of the field one that dmac tipped forward was in fact forward, the Ardie held up seemed 50/50 - thought there was a spot where it was grounded but can see how it wasn’t given. Couldn’t see a ‘knock on’ just before half time so that’s the only one I’d argue but it didn’t cost the game, score any one of those or any of the others and we would have killed their spirit.
First yellow card didn’t hear any warning so it came a bit out of the blue. The knock down was fair enough, you have to have a realistic chance of catching it and he didn’t.
Most Wallabies fans were optimistic and thought we may be there for the taking but thought we were dominant most of the game and our errors and panic were the only thing that let them get close

I quite enjoyed the match as I was so sick of losing. I hope we play Aussie this week too.
We do- but Wellington has turned into a bit of a hoodoo ground for us lately so hope we can shake that

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement