• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Sports Rugby

Warriors still claim sold out with banks of empty seats?
There definitely not banks of empty seats. a few rows perhaps per bay perhaps.

If you can buy the inventory it's a sold out.

The rugby hasn't sold for a few factors, 1. the product sucks 2. the tickets are expensive. 3. the government have laid off thousands of civil servants in Wellington

NZWarriors.com
I think Razor is the right person for the job now but the honeymoon is over. He should have gone overseas & coach a international side for experience .
The All Blacks and New Zealand rugby has declined for a few years now. Maybe since the 2019 world cup. And it needs revitalising as a business and as an actual sport. The world has long ago caught up to us and have now got parity and many now dominate us. It's good for the game but not for us. Play the long game Raze

How good seeing All Black legend Dan Carter decked out in a Warriors jersey at MSS. God he looked embarrassed when spotted in the crowd. Just a regular fan like one of us now 😂
Has he been banned by the NZRU for wearing it? How embarrassing for the chaps to be photographed enjoying a better game

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Has he been banned by the NZRU for wearing it? How embarrassing for the chaps to be photographed enjoying a better game
The ‘rivalry’ is massively over stated, you’ll see players of both sports at each others games and most follow each other and are mates on socials etc. eg I’ve seen shots of Warriors players at blues games this year wearing merch. Plenty of people enjoy multiple sports and it’s just the dinosaurs on both sides that can’t seem to get over the chip on their shoulder

The ‘rivalry’ is massively over stated, you’ll see players of both sports at each others games and most follow each other and are mates on socials etc. eg I’ve seen shots of Warriors players at blues games this year wearing merch. Plenty of people enjoy multiple sports and it’s just the dinosaurs on both sides that can’t seem to get over the chip on their shoulder
I do notice some league fans talk about being told they won't be Prefect/Head Prefect because they play rugby league and still seem bitter about it. Because being Prefect/Head Prefect has Such. A. Big. Effect. on your life choices/options once you leave High School....:rolleyes:

Call me a dinosaur but I have got a chip on my shoulder. Some bloke was asking me last week why Rugby League was only played at a decent level in parts of the north of England until I pointed out that the RFU spent a century trying to wipe it out completely

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Call me a dinosaur but I have got a chip on my shoulder. Some bloke was asking me last week why Rugby League was only played at a decent level in parts of the north of England until I pointed out that the RFU spent a century trying to wipe it out completely
League almost tries its hardest to wipe itself out in Uk at times. Expansion with PSG, Crusaders, Wolfpack, Toulouse, London are abandoned to quickly and then they solidify in its existing market- 2 teams in Hull for example

Anyone think NAS should have a shake playing for the ABs. He would give the South Africans a bit of a shock. Would be great for the game if he could stay on the park and not get sent off.
Where would you play him? Not technical enough for a tight 5 post and probably doesn’t have the minutes in him for a loosie

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Their new tackle law where you need to be below the sternum or whatever it is would have him sent off most games.

He has a hard enough time lowering his target in league. Last night he managed to take out an opponent and a team mate in one hit.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
First time watching Union in a long time.

How does anyone watch this shit? Every couple of seconds there’s a penalty or infringement or stoppage.

So much technical shit.

Don’t even get me started on the yellow cards.

ABs just another team these days - lose as many as they win.
The Boks are a very good team and we very nearly got up both games, Argentina was at first glance a bad loss but they also just put 70 on Aus overnight…
I know it’s fun to shit on the ABs fortunes of late but if the ABs/NZ Rugby fail it has a flow on effect to the quality of league players coming through- you’d be hard pressed to find too many NZ league players that didn’t have a decent chunk of their development in unions systems

The Boks are a very good team and we very nearly got up both games, Argentina was at first glance a bad loss but they also just put 70 on Aus overnight…
I know it’s fun to shit on the ABs fortunes of late but if the ABs/NZ Rugby fail it has a flow on effect to the quality of league players coming through- you’d be hard pressed to find too many NZ league players that didn’t have a decent chunk of their development in unions systems
All Blacks had opportunities to hit the lead with missed kicks at least. Mo’unga has been a huge loss in his kicking and playmaking

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement