Pick Your Team Raiders v Warriors - [Round 20, 2024]

Hah I do need to lose some weight, but not quite Jack Black levels :ROFLMAO:

That does remind me though I do have a pre-wedding rehearsal and dinner next Friday (for mate who is getting married next Saturday) so I hope he has taken that into account timing-wise, otherwise might be consecutive games I'm missing!

At least I'll be at Eels in person the following Friday!
How about recording and turning the sport's news off the radio?

Of course, it's hard to keep up! Maybe he does a twosome with Jazz!
It's always hard to tell Webby's plan because we have so many interchangeable edge/middles to varying degrees of quality and they seem to switch around a lot during the game status.

Jazz is seen strictly seen as a prop I feel though.

To spell Walker, there are a bunch of options.

- Barnett back to 13, Ford and Jazz used as props.
- Barnett moving to an edge and Capewell or Niukore doing a shift in the middle.
- Niukore or Capewell doing a shift in the middle and Leka on to whatever his favoured edge is.

I don't know at all about making the playoffs but I think the refs will give us the game this weekend as a make up for last week.
Then much to everyone's delight Ricky will have the mother of all tantrums in the presser and we can all drink up his tears and then feel better about the season.

1. TT
2. DWZ
3. RTS
4. Pompey
5. MGT / Tu
6. CHT
7. TMM
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Afoa
11. Niukore
12. Halasima
13. Walker

14. Lussick
15. Jazz
16. Sifakula
17. Ale

Mitch and Capes unlikely starters due to origin tirnaround

Thoughts?

I don't know at all about making the playoffs but I think the refs will give us the game this weekend as a make up for last week.
Then much to everyone's delight Ricky will have the mother of all tantrums in the presser and we can all drink up his tears and then feel better about the season.
maybe last week they might have, they'll have forgotten by now. they'll be dodgy calls in origin III to distract them too.

Raiders season on the line, at home, boys will get screwed if the game is close going into the last 15.

maybe last week they might have, they'll have forgotten by now. they'll be dodgy calls in origin III to distract them too.

Raiders season on the line, at home, boys will get screwed if the game is close going into the last 15.
100% just noticed the ladder pos for us & raiders, def going to be finals intensity

May the best team win, based on effort and skill, if we want the win we can get it but the whole squad needs to go beast.

1. TT
2. DWZ
3. RTS
4. Pompey
5. MGT / Tu
6. CHT
7. TMM
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Afoa
11. Niukore
12. Halasima
13. Walker

14. Lussick
15. Jazz
16. Sifakula
17. Ale

Thoughts?
I think Mitch will be on the bench and given limited minutes. Capewell may need a break if he plays a full game for Queensland.

1. TT
2. DWZ
3. RTS
4. Pompey
5. MGT / Tu
6. CHT
7. TMM
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Afoa
11. Niukore
12. Halasima
13. Walker

14. Lussick
15. Jazz
16. Sifakula
17. Ale

Thoughts?
On the right bus with this selection.
Sifakula and Halasima miss with the origin stars returning.
Bunty at ten tick from me.

I think we are in position where we need to win this match against the Raiders as it starts an important momentum gain should we win. Not saying we cant do it with the blood hungry youngsters who are a shinning light, but experience from both Barnett and Capewell especially after stepping out of the Origin camp only a couple of days earlier may be invaluable.

If anything, maybe we rest Capewell but I feel that Mitch is vital to our game plan. I am saying that he is our new Alpha and Addin has phased out despite still putting in decent numbers.

Start Mitch off the bench if we have to but he needs to be in the side somewhere for me. Or worst case, we could use Capewells utility strength but I feel there are more pro's with Mitch in the side.

Yeah, the fact they are currently 1 competition point above us is the crucial aspect, we win we keep in touch with the pack, we lose that's another team we need 2+ wins to catch up to.

Not to mention the teams 1 point behind us! We could be anywhere from 10th (and 2 points out of the top 8) to 15th (and 5 points out of the top 8) after this round. No pressure! o_O

Last edited:
If Halasima & Ale weren't going to be in the 17 you would have thought they would've played last Saturday. Particularly Ale who had the previous week off due to suspension

Maybe Ale needed 2 weeks or so to adjust his body to a new role as a 13?

Someone mentioned earlier, but I'm quite worried at our lack of an out and out 13 in the team after Walker, especially as he's one of the first to be moved when injury hits.

Which I understand, however it significantly impacts on our attack as that link man disappears.

If love to see Ale starting at 13, with Walker coming off the bench after 25 and raising some hell alongside Halasima

Someone mentioned earlier, but I'm quite worried at our lack of an out and out 13 in the team after Walker, especially as he's one of the first to be moved when injury hits.

Which I understand, however it significantly impacts on our attack as that link man disappears.

If love to see Ale starting at 13, with Walker coming off the bench after 25 and raising some hell alongside Halasima
Hearing how Sifakula went last weekend, he could be nearing a full return to form after his injury and could come into consideration soon too

Initially I was going to refute this by saying he's experienced in the role but surprisingly only 6 sporadic starts there for him
1000003938.jpg

Last edited:

Marata played 13 in a grand final a couple of years ago.

Hearing how Sifakula went last weekend, he could be nearing a full return to form after his injury and could come into consideration soon too

Yeah that would be great - I thought he was more of a front rower tho?

Not that it matters as Ale's been used exclusively as a front rower in first grade I believe?

This game I think will determine if we can push on and be a chance of making the finals with the next two games at home v Tigers and Eels.

As the ladder looks going into the round and the match ups and byes etc it could look something like this ( if we win)

4.Sharks (28)
5.Manly (25)
6.Dogs (24)
7.Dolphins (24)
8.Cowboys (24)
9.Dragons (24)
10.Warriors (21)
11.Broncos (20)
12.Raiders (20)
13.Souths (20)

Back