Pick Your Team Raiders v Warriors - [Round 20, 2024]

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Bugger, just realised this game is on at the same time I'm playing a gig this week - might be able to watch one of the screens in the bar while tinkering away on the bass :LOL:
Will just have to wear my Warriors jersey on stage again I guess, like I did last year coming straight back from the Welly round 1 game against the Knights to carry on the party hah 🤟

Fingers crossed we can break the 10pm curse (have we ever won a game that starts that late our time?)

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Fingers crossed we can break the 10pm curse (have we ever won a game that starts that late our time?)

Just remembered that I had already looked into this last year, found on LU forum thread relating to Dragons game in June last year :

"Also we are playing at 10pm NZ time on Friday, which doesn't bode well for the Warriors either. Was having a look at rleagueproject season summaries earlier, over the last 10.5 seasons (2013-present) we've only won 3/22 games where our games start 9pm or later NZ time (7 of those losses are the annual Melbourne ANZAC fun times)."

Looking at rleagueproject game summaries from that game onwards, we've only had another 3x games after 9pm NZT which actually surprises me (the big win over Dragons above comment was worried about, then Brisbane semi and Melbourne R2 loss this year), so record in late games is now 4/25 in last 11.5 seasons!

I'm in 2 minds about Tuaupiki playing Fullback because of how weak we are at gaining territory from kicks. Because of TMM's lack of distance on his punt we need to scrap for every metre we can on kick returns & he's a clear 3rd behind RTS & CNK on that front. DWZ would edge him there too
I personally favour DWZ at fullback for his speed and metres after contact. CNK has limited speed, metres after contact and evasive skills. He is looking like he needs a break anyway. Halves unchanged and bring up a couple of the best wingers from cup (assuming Montoya is injured). Tuaupiki could be on the bench.

Just remembered that I had already looked into this last year, found on LU forum thread relating to Dragons game in June last year :

"Also we are playing at 10pm NZ time on Friday, which doesn't bode well for the Warriors either. Was having a look at rleagueproject season summaries earlier, over the last 10.5 seasons (2013-present) we've only won 3/22 games where our games start 9pm or later NZ time (7 of those losses are the annual Melbourne ANZAC fun times)."

Looking at rleagueproject game summaries from that game onwards, we've only had another 3x games after 9pm NZT which actually surprises me (the big win over Dragons above comment was worried about, then Brisbane semi and Melbourne R2 loss this year), so record in late games is now 4/25 in last 11.5 seasons!
It's a stitch up.

Reactions: kos
I'm his current condition that's no guarantee either this season. We should have closed out that game prior to golden point. That lies predominantly on TMM and CHT. Walker having to move to centre didn't help either but the halves had poor execution in a lot of key moments tonight
I thought TMM was looking for a field goal before hit by the offside dog

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Id be keen to see both Zyon Maiu’u and Halasima on the bench for our next game.

The absolute mongrel and X factor of a team with AFB, Niukore, Barney, Halasima and Zyon Maiu’u would be really fun to watch.

The only problem is both rookies would struggle to play more than 20-25 minutes at that high intensity so if injuries hit and they had to play 40+, I think we'd struggle big time.

Also - has anyone felt that Walker has been a wee bit off lately? While he's been good starting, I feel that energy off the bench he had last year has disappeared. I get it's a different role when he starts, and he's been shifted around the park a bit in the last few weeks but yeah, just missing that energy he was bringing last year

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Bugger, just realised this game is on at the same time I'm playing a gig this week - might be able to watch one of the screens in the bar while tinkering away on the bass :LOL:
Will just have to wear my Warriors jersey on stage again I guess, like I did last year coming straight back from the Welly round 1 game against the Knights to carry on the party hah 🤟

Baha had to check my schedule real quick, I'm off to Tenacious D NEXT Friday which is also when the Warriors are playing haha....I was going to welcome you to the Forum Jack 😝

Baha had to check my schedule real quick, I'm off to Tenacious D NEXT Friday which is also when the Warriors are playing haha....I was going to welcome you to the Forum Jack 😝

Hah I do need to lose some weight, but not quite Jack Black levels :ROFLMAO:

That does remind me though I do have a pre-wedding rehearsal and dinner next Friday (for mate who is getting married next Saturday) so I hope he has taken that into account timing-wise, otherwise might be consecutive games I'm missing!

At least I'll be at Eels in person the following Friday!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back