Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jacinda's endorsement of Labour last night (verbatim):

"If you voted for me in 2017, then thank you for that, but that also means you were probably voting for issues like poverty, climate change, inequality and housing and the Labour Party has had two terms in office long enough to make progress, not long enough to finish the job and our country needs them to finish the job. So I would encourage you to really look again to those simple principles and vote for that."

Maybe she's forgotten:
  • Child poverty
    • Children growing up in motels
    • Children being exposed to people that would otherwise be in prison
    • Jobseeker numbers increasing by 42% over 5 years, despite an economy with a shortage of workers
  • Climate change
    • Government-provided discounts on fuel
  • Inequality
    • The spraying of borrowed money onto the economy over the last 6 years has benefited those with assets (wealthy) the most
  • Housing affordability
    • Take a look at house prices
    • Take a look at mortgage rates
    • Take a look at how much excess money people currently have to put towards a house

Strange how national have a lot more campaign funds than labour but I only ever hear and see adds from labour. Every 15mins on the radio, every time I’m on a website, non-stop labour adds. Not one of them talks about labour and their policies, they are all just anti Chris Luxon. They have gone after the individual rather than the party in this campaign.

Haven’t herd much national adds at all and the ones I do hear arnt just bagging labour.
i’ve noticed that too, so ugly, so petty, and a desperate attempt to divert attention from their overwhelming failures.

it’s really sad, and a bit embarrassing i think.

I think there's a whole lot of the Mandela effect at work with the usuals on here
I mean yeah, Chris Bishop (Campaign Manager) has bee a ray of sunshine and acting generally seems like a great guy.

Campaigning against the incumbents does mean a more negative tone.

In my electorate the National signage easily outnumbers any other parties signage - the funding definitely does matter, but the results in the polls considering 8 x more finding than their nearest competitor is embarrassing when you consider the influence the donors will be expecting in return

42.8% for Lab/Greens/TMP
41.9% for NZF

8.2% for Winnie and all the power.
NZ First seems to be taking votes from Act as they compete over similar issues. Since NZ First got to the 5%, voters have jumped over, plus he probably drawing votes away from the small loony parties that see him as actually able to be in govt.

I mean yeah, Chris Bishop (Campaign Manager) has bee a ray of sunshine and acting generally seems like a great guy.

Campaigning against the incumbents does mean a more negative tone.

In my electorate the National signage easily outnumbers any other parties signage - the funding definitely does matter, but the results in the polls considering 8 x more finding than their nearest competitor is embarrassing when you consider the influence the donors will be expecting in return
I've met him - he's a nasty little cunt.

The Wizard keeps banging on about the need to increase productivity so he may be interested in the following comments from the economist Tony Alexander

Businesses are milking the migration cow, hiring foreigners and avoiding the tougher path of boosting productivity of existing staff. The scene is being set for further decline in NZ average incomes compared with other countries, Australia included.

The Wizard keeps banging on about the need to increase productivity so he may be interested in the following comments from the economist Tony Alexander

Businesses are milking the migration cow, hiring foreigners and avoiding the tougher path of boosting productivity of existing staff. The scene is being set for further decline in NZ average incomes compared with other countries, Australia included.
I totally agree and it’s short term thinking… except covid proved our internal labour market is broken.

We have 10% of people on a benefit, our kids don’t go to school, our education system doesnt create skilled employees, our minimum wage distorts the natural worth of jobs, rewards minimum wages and created a dearth of talent in skilled jobs.

Further we need to prioritise high value jobs rather than banning mining, exploration, shutting down refineries, converting farms to forestry, etc.

And I don’t want lots of low paid jobs (refbdbfcccc minimum wages) I want a high skilled workforce and high skilled industries commanding higher wages rather than letting standards slip and unbelievably thinking we need to pay people more for doing less.

In summary we need to address the problems at home as the immigration problem is a symptom not the ill.

42.8% for Lab/Greens/TMP
41.9% for NZF

8.2% for Winnie and all the power.
I think the published polls are bullshit.

It is very expensive doing a very accurate poll. The big parties do them, and keep the results to themselves.

The news outlets get budget esults.

If Winston Peters is seen as a kingmaker, heyzeuss spare me.

NZ First seems to be taking votes from Act as they compete over similar issues. Since NZ First got to the 5%, voters have jumped over, plus he probably drawing votes away from the small loony parties that see him as actually able to be in govt.
Taking votes away from the small loony parties and centralizing to a larger loony party.

I think the published polls are bullshit.

It is very expensive doing a very accurate poll. The big parties do them, and keep the results to themselves.

The news outlets get budget esults.

If Winston Peters is seen as a kingmaker, heyzeuss spare me.
In isolation perhaps - but over the course of many polls the trends become obvious.

Winston is a sure better to make it back in and will be the king maker 100%

Standard
And we rely on these guys to run our country. After the issues with Wood you would expect them all to be on top of any possible conflicts of interest. Or better still sell your shares and make it easier.

You would also expect their leaders or senior group to remind everyone or make a policy around it. In every day life if you get caught out by something it is reasonably freash in your mind not to repeat it.

It seems pretty common for politicians to make these stupid mistakes.

In isolation perhaps - but over the course of many polls the trends become obvious.

Winston is a sure better to make it back in and will be the king maker 100%
I was talking to a lifelong friend this week, smart guy, successful business, well off...said Winston had some good ideas. I said WTF, don't you know the guy is a farkig idiot, and I mean idiot.

This is a good mate remember.

So he said the what about thing, but they are all idiots.

Which i said is true, but Winston is probably the biggest idiot

he said, you obviously don't like him... WTF:oops::oops:

I was talking to a lifelong friend this week, smart guy, successful business, well off...said Winston had some good ideas. I said WTF, don't you know the guy is a farkig idiot, and I mean idiot.

This is a good mate remember.

So he said the what about thing, but they are all idiots.

Which i said is true, but Winston is probably the biggest idiot

he said, you obviously don't like him... WTF:oops::oops:
Their turnaround is solely on Winston turning on the charm and knowing the right things to say (also he says he's been out talking to the people so maybe that)
It's definitely not the NZF policy or their other MPs.

Got to sit back & say wow - he's done it AGAIN.

Back