Sports UFC / MMA

Have you guys seen the latest on Jon Jones?

When you look at his career and out of the cage incidents. He doesn't do boring.

I'm in the camp he's a drugs cheat. He always has been.

I'm in the camp he's a drugs cheat. He always has been.
I watched it live but there is a video post fight where he says he beat Daniel Cormier off steroids. I know fighters aren't road scholars but most of them would know not to phrase it like that.

Read that article also

Truth must lie in the middle somewhere
He having a party at his pad and then surprise visit
That was my suspicion as well. He was probably taking recreational drugs at the time and was worried about the situation. That would explain his behaviour. I suspect the new drug testing partner still tests for recreational drugs, especially the higher end stuff.

This will be an interesting test for the UFC and their relationship with their new drug testing partner.

Some of their gripes with USADA was around their interactions with McGregor. There is a difference in terms of how much both of them generate but he's still a high profile fighter. Mind you with the long list of issues throughout his career they may decide to get out of the Jon Jones business.

They were also not in favour of some of the times they (USADA) would call on fighter. Preparing for a fight, cutting weight and needing sleep. Then USADA turns up in the early hours of the morning.

This was in the afternoon so an understandable time for a drug tester to turn up.

This will be an interesting test for the UFC and their relationship with their new drug testing partner.

Some of their gripes with USADA was around their interactions with McGregor. There is a difference in terms of how much both of them generate but he's still a high profile fighter. Mind you with the long list of issues throughout his career they may decide to get out of the Jon Jones business.

They were also not in favour of some of the times they (USADA) would call on fighter. Preparing for a fight, cutting weight and needing sleep. Then USADA turns up in the early hours of the morning.

This was in the afternoon so an understandable time for a drug tester to turn up.
The new drug testing regime just seems like a way for the UFC to control the whole set up.

They needed USADA when they were in the process of selling the company to help legitimise the sport.

Going to be interesting how this all develops.

Can't wait for UFC 300 - every fight is great on that card.
The quality of the other cards has all seemed to be down / esp Apex - so its good to have the UFC back at its best again.

The new drug testing regime just seems like a way for the UFC to control the whole set up.

They needed USADA when they were in the process of selling the company to help legitimise the sport.

Going to be interesting how this all develops.

Can't wait for UFC 300 - every fight is great on that card.
The quality of the other cards has all seemed to be down / esp Apex - so its good to have the UFC back at its best again.
I can understand some of the UFC's complaints with USADA.

The whereabouts policy can be a bit rough when the fighters are at a UFC event and it is known they will be there. If the UFC asked for an app to make it easier and USADA never implemented one.

The complaints Novitsky had on major injuries long Connors' and getting them exempt can go either way depending on people's thinking. Favouritism for the main fighter as that who is used as an example or common sense due to the nature of that injury or some others. There should still be controls on how they come back into the testing program.

I think Novitsky was also complaining about USADA and Jones' picograms.

When they announced the change listening to Dana complain I was more skeptical as he's typically a hot heat. It was interesting seeing Novitsky getting frustrated with his old employer now that he is on the other side as one of their most high-profile clients.

I hate the Apex cards. They should have been able to get through the pandemic and then ditched. You have a worldwide organisation fighting in front of a tiny crowd. Not sure if it is just friends and family or officials. But it has little to no atmosphere. Comes off like a local organisation down the road.

A bit of a case of how thin they have spread themselves. The days when it was mainly just PPVs meant the cards were stronger and you were waiting a month keen for the next card.

UFC PPV tip for my forum friends.

Sign up to Mola TV in Indonesia with a VPN. Official Indonesian UFC broadcaster.

Costs approx $12Nzd for a month subscription and includes all UFC PPV. The timing of the PPVs is often every 4 weeks so you can get 2x PPVs in the one month.

PPVs can be streamed live (no watch from start or rewind/pause though) and can be watched on demand from about 1 hour after it finishes.

They sometimes have the PPV for free or "gratis" so I don't need to resubscribe that month.

It's definitely and all day on the couch day.

I loved the opening promo / hype reel, very nostalgic.
They should have stopped that fight. Miller was never giving up, just took more damage.

Yeah. I'm not moving off the bed for ages.

Back