TeamList Warriors vs Raiders- [Round 3, 2024]

I have looked up some stats and Jazz year on year has a better tackle efficiency than Dylan. Last year Dylan 90% and Jazz 93%
Jazz is also good and snuffing out second phase raids that break the line against us. I think this change, if Jazz shows up, could help the warriors defensively which is where they need to pick up.

Walker is a huge out. Changes the game when he comes on. Might not be as noticeable with our limited spine, but he was on the field when we started to gain the acendency over the Storm in that second half.

Have a worrying feeling this could end up being an ambush.

Walker is a huge out. Changes the game when he comes on. Might not be as noticeable with our limited spine, but he was on the field when we started to gain the acendency over the Storm in that second half.

Have a worrying feeling this could end up being an ambush.
Not to neg your post but just a nuance is that we gained the ascendency when normally NAS would have been on the field smashing us and also after Christian Welch failed his HIA. We started to own their forwards in that second half. We are a big pack. Almost deserving of the reputation associated with feared Warrior packs of old. Without NAS and Welch we started to have our way. It is not as simple as that and I am sure Dylan made a difference but wanted to make that nuance.

Not to neg your post but just a nuance is that we gained the ascendency when normally NAS would have been on the field smashing us and also after Christian Welch failed his HIA. We started to own their forwards in that second half. We are a big pack. Almost deserving of the reputation associated with feared Warrior packs of old. Without NAS and Welch we started to have our way. It is not as simple as that and I am sure Dylan made a difference but wanted to make that nuance.
Hey! No flames please! Walker has done it consistently for us previously as well. Usually changes our attack quite noticably. I'm expecting the Raiders pack to be a different proposition for us this week. They will try and muscle up, grind away and try and get us to do the same. They aren't an overly creative side like we are. Generally their points come from sustained pressure, opposition mistakes and kicks, quite often targeting the space between the fullback and wing for their second rowers and centres to contest for the ball. I also think they'll target Montoya's wing as well. Our creativity drops a bit again with no Walker. Be an interesting game.

Hey! No flames please! Walker has done it consistently for us previously as well. Usually changes our attack quite noticably. I'm expecting the Raiders pack to be a different proposition for us this week. They will try and muscle up, grind away and try and get us to do the same. They aren't an overly creative side like we are. Generally their points come from sustained pressure, opposition mistakes and kicks, quite often targeting the space between the fullback and wing for their second rowers and centres to contest for the ball. I also think they'll target Montoya's wing as well. Our creativity drops a bit again with no Walker. Be an interesting game.
I feel you on the ambush. Raiders are a confidence side who have their dander up after winning two games.
On the other hand although we are losing one of the best 14s in the NRL I have never in my previous 5 or 6 seasons of fandom seen the warriors replace an injured player with such a qualified person. Jazz has played 119 NRL games and is the in the prime of his career being 28 years old. If we do get up and make a challenge to go the Grand Final this year it will be based on our depth. We have 4-5 NRL ready guys to come in with Pompey, TMM. CHT, Jazz, and Ali - our depth could be a point of difference although obviously it hasn't panned out that way in our first two games missing CNK and Marata.

I feel you on the ambush. Raiders are a confidence side who have their dander up after winning two games.
On the other hand although we are losing one of the best 14s in the NRL I have never in my previous 5 or 6 seasons of fandom seen the warriors replace an injured player with such a qualified person. Jazz has played 119 NRL games and is the in the prime of his career being 28 years old. If we do get up and make a challenge to go the Grand Final this year it will be based on our depth. We have 4-5 NRL ready guys to come in with Pompey, TMM. CHT, Jazz, and Ali - our depth could be a point of difference although obviously it hasn't panned out that way in our first two games missing CNK and Marata.
As in every NRL game you have to turn up with the 110% attitude. Any less and any team will struggle.
These games are won upfront and Walker will be a loss. Raiders have always been strong in the centres and always a threat.
Roger and Rocco will need to keep their concentration and communication skills.
Good luck boys.

Thanks for the Jim Hickey.

Funny thing is that the new game plan of 2024 actually works better in the rain.

Shaun Johnson's new role as a kick and chase starter than strangles the opposition cries out for a rainy day.

As such while others quibble I hope it farken pisses down...which literally plays into Shauns strengths and nullifies the Raiders strengths at counter attack and second phase.

Ford’s hands wept 😂

Egan is not actually confirmed.
His spot in the 17 could still be taken by CHT.
I have a theory.
If Egan plays, maybe Laban debuts.

Egan is not actually confirmed.
His spot in the 17 could still be taken by CHT.
I have a theory.
If Egan plays, maybe Laban debuts.
Don't think Egan's fit for 80, still need Lussick.
Isn't Laban only on the extended bench incase Capewah wakes up a bit ginger this morning, CHT then covers Egan/Lussick

Back