NRL NRL Draw 2024

When’s the actual 2024 draw released? I think I had read on here it was last week but obviously that’s come and gone. Anyone have any detail on it?

The NRL’s traditional Anzac Day schedule is poised for a significant revamp with New Zealand firming to host its first match during the commemorative round in almost a decade.

Having been the Cinderella story of the season by coming within one game of the grand final, the Warriors have lobbied the NRL to host an Anzac Round match in New Zealand next year.

The club has been part of the NRL’s Anzac Day schedule since 2016, playing the Storm in Melbourne in a match that features a memorable pre-game ceremony.

The night match follows the Roosters-Dragons clash held earlier in the day at Allianz Stadium. The Sydney clubs rotate hosting rights for the match each year.

However, after spending seven years travelling to Melbourne for the Anzac Day game – the 2020 fixture wasn’t held due to the COVID-enforced suspension of the competition – the Warriors have asked NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo to consider awarding them a home game in 2024.

Warriors chief executive Cameron George said his club would accept hosting a match during Anzac Round – and not necessarily on April 25 – if it meant they could play in front of a home crowd.

When’s the actual 2024 draw released? I think I had read on here it was last week but obviously that’s come and gone. Anyone have any detail on it?
The earliest it's been is early November.

Sometimes the NRL haven't done themselves any favours by several times over the years announcing dates for the release of next season's draw only to have announce a delay.

Didn't happen last year, though, so I'd predict second week of November.

Would be surprised if Auckland got the ANZAC game and it's a Thursday, so how many non-season ticketers would turn up? (ie they'd have the foresight to book Friday off, assuming A) They have annual leave available or B) They're sure the boss wouldn't find their "I've got a bug" call on Friday a tad suss/etc.)

Panthers twice, Raiders twice, Storm twice and maybe Rabbitohs twice is our reward for a top class 2024. That's my pick for our 2024 Draw.

Would be surprised if Auckland got the ANZAC game and it's a Thursday, so how many non-season ticketers would turn up?
I think our home game experience is now top quality and it’s flowing through to packed home games.

In the past we weren’t probably fussed on a home anzac game as the support wasn’t there. But now it’s an opportunity for even more positive fan experiences and the hosting investment will be rewarded.

I heard it won’t be Melbourne

What a laugh :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 9.21.00 AM.png

If the Storm are off the table, there really is only one choice for who we should play then.. I think they will be the 23 Warriors or 22 Cowboys of 2024, so it should be an awesome match-up.

Broncos don't play an ANZAC Day game (at least not that I recall). Given the history between the two clubs, that would be a nice touch.

Warriors v Broncos, Mt Smart, 6pm on Thursday, 25 April 2024: ANZAC Day and the return of Walsh. Guaranteed sell out, surely!

Pre Season draw out tomorrow
Draw out Monday
All Stars on Friday Feb 16

Round 1
  • Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles (March 2 in Las Vegas)
  • Broncos v Roosters (March 2 in Las Vegas)
  • Knights v Raiders (Thursday, March 7)
  • Warriors v Sharks (Friday, March 8)
  • Storm v Panthers (Friday, March 8)
  • Eels v Bulldogs (Saturday, March 9)
  • Titans v Dragons (Saturday, March 9)
  • Dolphins v Cowboys (Sunday, March 10)
  • Bye: Wests Tigers

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/re...nd-one-of-the-nrl-season-20231109-p5eiqz.html

Expected pre-season matches​

February 11: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles on Central Coast
February 16: Indigenous All Stars v Maori All Stars

Pre-season week one (February 15-18)

Dogs v Storm at Belmore
Sharks v Knights at Central Coast Stadium
Manly v Roosters at Central Coast Stadium
Warriors v Tigers at TBC
Broncos v Cowboys at Mackay
Dragons v Rabbitohs at Kogarah
Eels v Raiders at Kogarah
Dolphins v Titans at Sunshine Coast

Pre-season week two (February February 22-25)

Sharks v Bulldogs at Cronulla
Roosters v Rabbitohs at Cronulla
Dragons v Tigers in Mudgee
Manly v Broncos in Manly
Titans v Eels in Ipswich
Storm v Knights in Fiji
Raiders v Cowboys in Queanbeyan

Doesn't make any sense, some teams only having the one trial.
Hope we don't need to do a "home with a wet sail" against the Sharks like we did this year.

Doesn't make any sense, some teams only having the one trial.
Hope we don't need to do a "home with a wet sail" against the Sharks like we did this year.
I think we will play the Dolphins. They're the only other team without a 2nd trial (other than Panthers who have the World Club Championship game). Probably just wasn't confirmed with the journalist.

Otherwise, yeah, wouldnt make any sense. Especially with the new Pre Season Challenge cup

Pre Season draw out tomorrow
Draw out Monday
All Stars on Friday Feb 16

Round 1
  • Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles (March 2 in Las Vegas)
  • Broncos v Roosters (March 2 in Las Vegas)
  • Knights v Raiders (Thursday, March 7)
  • Warriors v Sharks (Friday, March 8)
  • Storm v Panthers (Friday, March 8)
  • Eels v Bulldogs (Saturday, March 9)
  • Titans v Dragons (Saturday, March 9)
  • Dolphins v Cowboys (Sunday, March 10)
  • Bye: Wests Tigers

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/re...nd-one-of-the-nrl-season-20231109-p5eiqz.html
They’re all pretty hard games to pick- don’t know if that was intentional or maybe the nrl is just that close now 🤔
Wouldn’t mind getting the broncos or roosters round 2 after their vegas trip- have the boot on the other foot for a change.

Back