• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL 2024 NRL FINALS WEEK 1

No- I think Penrith, storm, cowboys and manly all win.
I’ll be wrong though…
Manly only team to beat team above it on the ladder. Pity Tommy Turbo having to play with a busted shoulder; only a shadow of his classy best

NZWarriors.com
I didn’t see Andrew John and the old boys but Nathan Cleary is on another planet and has been for a very long time.

Will retire as the greatest footballer ever in my mind.
I disagree; of the current crop, Kayln Ponga has exceptional skills while playing in an otherwise average team. His game against the Cowboys was all class, making regular line breaks which his team mates failed to capitalize on.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Warbrick, Mulitalo, Isaako.....good depth on the wings for the Kiwis at least.
Unfortunately, Warbrick and Isaako both play right wing and Isaako will get the nod for his top notch goal kicking. Could Warbrick be converted to a centre as he has the build for it and can pass the ball to inside support? Also would be positioned outside Hughes (a Storm team mate)

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Playing with one shoulder with a needle or two does not help.
Don’t think he has the impact he once did and the amount of games he misses each season for $1.2 million is a lot. I don’t believe he approached manly unassisted, but that rumour of him asking for a pay decrease shows it’s in the back of his or the clubs mind? Most likely the club I’d imagine

Back